Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1071: Pantheon multi-launch coaster announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby pryonisys » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:51 am

CoasterAuditor wrote:
pryonisys wrote:
CoasterAuditor wrote:I am very pleased with the addition of a large intamin 45 minutes down 64 from where I sleep.

Heck, I'm pleased with a new Intamin 8 hours and 45 minutes from where I am so long as I can make it there occasionally

I agree I am usually very pleased with the addition of a large coaster virtually anywhere. But the more proximate, the more pleased I am.

Agreed, but Waldameer and Darien Lake aren't adding anything big anytime soon, so I'll be happy with my favorite park getting a nice addition.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby heatherrrrz » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:07 am

The livestream just stopped in the middle of the CEO talking

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby VandeSte » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:09 am

Live feed stopped?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby heatherrrrz » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:10 am

Stopped for me too

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby VandeSte » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:14 am

Twitter had the details
Facebook live feed FAILED :angry:

PANTHEON

The stats look incredible.
Last edited by VandeSte on Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:21 am.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby jlp94 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:21 am

Yes, sounds like it should be a great ride! May have to get out there in 2020!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:22 am

yeah . follow along on Twitter.
Last edited by bert425 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:41 am.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby The Geek Mojo » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:32 am

Not sure if BGW shut down the fb feed on purpose or not but thank you twitter. The new addition looks amazing and I can't wait for Seaworld parks in 2020...It's going to be an incredible year.

Postby coasterbill » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:35 am

Busch Gardens Announces: Pantheon, Fastest Multi-launch Coaster in North America debuts in 2020

Pantheon_LOGO_CMYK_WithGradient_BG_2048px.jpg

Pantheon-Diagram.jpg

It’s official! The FASTEST MULTI-LAUNCH COASTER IN NORTH AMERICA is coming to Busch Gardens in 2020! PANTHEON combines the might of five Roman gods in an ALL-NEW record-breaking display of strength, speed & power, reaching a top speed of 72.5 mph

Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Busch Gardens Williamsburg has sent us a press release following their announcement today regarding Pantheon!

Today, Busch Gardens® Williamsburg announced exciting details about Pantheon®, a record-breaking multi-launch coaster set to open in 2020. Featuring a total of four launches, this coaster located in the park’s Festa Italia village will reach a top speed of 72.5 mph, making it the fastest multi-launch coaster in North America.

The new Pantheon combines the might of five Roman gods in one record breaking display of strength, speed and power, including forward and backward launches, two inversions and a 95-degree drop. The gods reinforce the theming of the new coaster and illustrate some of the thrilling elements for brave riders.

“Pantheon is going to be non-stop action for riders. We’ve designed it so that the experience is changing all the time and will keep riders wondering what’s next,” said Larry Giles, Senior Director, Design & Engineering. “Multiple launches, speed changes, a sharp drop and backwards acceleration are just a few of Pantheon’s one-of-a kind traits,” added Giles.

This is the fourth consecutive year of new attractions and follows our 2019 highly popular and thrilling Finnegan’s Flyer™, the only “Screamin’ Swing” in Virginia.

The 2020 opening of this attraction will headline another exciting season at Busch Gardens Williamsburg, which has been named the “World’s Most Beautiful Theme Park” by the National Amusement Park Historical Association for 29 consecutive years and one of 2019 Best Amusement Parks by USA Today 10BEST. From its thrilling roller coasters, world-class dining options and kid-friendly attractions, Busch Gardens offers fun for the whole family.

“Busch Gardens has a history of opening new attractions to thrill guests with exceptional experiences,” said Robert Ulrich, president of American Coaster Enthusiasts.

PANTHEON RIDE STATS

TYPE OF RIDE: Multi-launch coaster (Fastest in North America)

SPECIAL FEATURES:
  • 95° drop
  • Two inversions
  • Four launches
  • Launch 1 speed: 36 mph
  • Launch 2 speed: 50 mph
  • Launch 2 speed (backward): 61 mph
  • Launch 3 speed: 67 mph
TRACK LENGTH: 3,328 feet
MAXIMUM SPEED: 72.5 mph
MAXIMUM HEIGHT: 180 feet
RIDE DURATION: Two minutes
SEATS/TRAIN: Two trains, 20 riders per train
RIDE MANUFACTURER: Intamin Worldwide
RIDE OPEN DATE: Spring, 2020

The best way for guests to enjoy Pantheon next year, and all of Busch Gardens, is with a Membership. Enjoy unlimited visits to Busch Gardens throughout the year and get valuable benefits, and exclusive rewards. For more information, visit https://buschgardens.com/williamsburg/annual-pass/benefits/.
BW0725OK01_001H.jpg
BW0725OK01_008H.jpg
BW0730OK01_001H.jpg
BW0730OK01_002H.jpg
BW0730OK01_003H.jpg
Pantheon_LOGO_WordMark_2c_BG_2048px.jpg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:25 pm.

Postby bert425 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:41 am

coasterbill wrote:Busch Gardens Announces: Pantheon, Fastest Multi-launch Coaster in North America debuts in 2020

It’s official! The FASTEST MULTI-LAUNCH COASTER IN NORTH AMERICA is coming to Busch Gardens in 2020! PANTHEON combines the might of five Roman gods in an ALL-NEW record-breaking display of strength, speed & power, reaching a top speed of 72.5 mph

Busch Gardens Williamsburg

surprised it doesn't seem to have any inversions (or at least not any they are trumpeting). . but the fastest multi launch in N. America?

sounds fun.

edit - now that the track layout is showing above too? it certainly looks like it has multiple inversions. Weird they aren't hyping that, but wow, that looks so great.
Last edited by bert425 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:25 am.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!