TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Moreys Piers Discussion Thread

The backwards POV of this is gonna be pretty fun.

Especially with "our guy" in back there.

SourBill.jpg.a8b11b1f907b67c2f1430e59005110d6.jpg

And have SourBill's voice making

announcements for the "tram tours." (o;

Some more shots, they are moving quickly now. Might have this done by the target date.

Courtesy of Wildwood 365:

RT1.thumb.jpg.17260bc82bcc2ac3afc8f5a18f489aaa.jpg

(nice view of our fave rooftop bar Joes Fish Co. on the top left. Pay no attention to that awful pizza scab)

And courtesy of Sam in the Moreys Conn group:

RT2.thumb.jpg.ab595a22e20bcf37ddda1ee0bbe3dafd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nice new Nor'easter footage by Zach Clarke

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Bill and I had a ride a few weeks ago and this thing is smooth as butter. I'm convinced they got rid of the lone pothole coming out of the twist before the last turn.

Mini report! Was down again for the weekend and got up early AF Sunday morning to head to the beach for sunrise. Got this wicked pano from atop one of the lifeguard stands.

WWpanoJuly2019.thumb.jpg.b95e9a1557a0862d38d8fa79fa9e2904.jpg

I was only on the piers for about 2 hours Saturday afternoon. In that time I did IT a half dozen times, Kong & Great White once a piece and the Screamin' Swing 4 times, had 1 slice of Macks and 1 small mint+chocolate twist from Kohr. Saw absolutely no signs of life from Runaway Tram. It's kind of super lame but oh well.

IMG-1755.thumb.JPG.3bc99d734e42a781711ffe8a29ed913f.JPG

OK soooo I'm pretty sure they reprogrammed the cycle on IT to make it run even longer. Good god. After 3 consecutive cycles, IT broke, so I rode Kong once and then stalked maintenance over at IT until IT reopened. As soon as IT was back up I walked over and right on the ride, and while I thought they'd make me wait for more riders to show up, they just loaded me and sent me up alone. My first ever zen ride, awesome stuff. Got another 2 rides before it developed a short line and I moved on.

IMG-1753.thumb.JPG.da7656c52bae61dcbeefa51f8e6b2fd1.JPG

Lunch. Macks was very busy, as it should be.

TGWstation.thumb.JPG.43bb4d5c825c441b4ddefa87775d2829.JPG

One train ops on The Great White.

IMG-1763.thumb.JPG.75c8cadea49213d565cd5f65ae33ad83.JPG

Dessert.

IMG-1796.thumb.JPG.2e663f0fce6173975fdef07e1c597d50.JPG

One more sunrise shot from Sunday morning. Sounds like I'll be back in two weeks!

OK soooo I'm pretty sure they reprogrammed the cycle on IT to make it run even longer. Good god. After 3 consecutive cycles, IT broke, so I rode Kong once and then stalked maintenance over at IT until IT reopened. As soon as IT was back up I walked over and right on the ride, and while I thought they'd make me wait for more riders to show up, they just loaded me and sent me up alone. My first ever zen ride, awesome stuff. Got another 2 rides before it developed a short line and I moved on.

Out of curiosity, does "it" often breakdown? I remember it breaking down a few times the one time I went to Morey's.

But that's crazy to hear they made an already awesome frisbee even better.

Out of curiosity, does "it" often breakdown?

In my experience, yes. But isn't that generally a prerequisite for most kick-ass rides?

It was down a good chunk of the season last year (including the entire weekend Bill & Brit visited, but they got on this year). They did do some refurb this last off season in addition to the new paint/LEDs, and it seems a bit more reliable this year, but almost every visit this season its broken on me once. They get it back up and running pretty quickly though so I always do something else nearby and come back.

^ Isn't the point of a boardwalk so you can be next to the ocean and not get sand in your toes?

Great photos, btw.

This guy gets it. And thanks.