TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

What the story on Fast Track this year? Looks like the merge points aren't all at the stations and it might not be that good here. Visiting on Sunday and prob wont spring for it, but it's good have the info. Thanks.

It really depends on the person controlling the merge point. Some let the line fill up to the merge point and others try to keep the line from the merge point to the station not completely full. The 3 worst lines for Fast Track are Laff Trakk, Storm Runner and Wildcat. Storm Runner is usually a 20 minute wait if they are letting the line go to the bottom of the stairs at the merge point.

Twizzlers are absolute trash candy but red iBox track* and you don't even need a marketing meeting. Just call up Schilke and get down to business.

*Or one red track and one black track.

thatsit.gif.62ff174e1bbd393c0465913ed658ed08.gif

I love how this park just announced an awesome-looking B&M Hyper that could easily rival Mako or any other top-tier B&M and we're talking about how bad Twizzlers are! lol

They announced it last October along with a full rendering of the entire layout. All we learned yesterday was the exact height and the name.

I mean it's not like Hershey gives two sh*ts how dumb anybody thinks the name is.

two sh*ts ??

giphy.gif

that's it!. .they shoulda called it the Hershey Highway.

They can name it "LegendLover is Banging DirkFunk's Mom" for all I care. A B&M hyper is gonna be fun.

This guys gets it!

Also, for a park like Hersheypark, I don't even think the name is a bad one! If it was at Cedar Point or Magic Mountain, I'd probably think it was kind of lame, but for a coaster at HP, it actually seems very fitting! I'm not sure why there's so much uproar over it!

Also, I LOVE Twizzlers, and consider them my favorite candy! So all you haters can go suck a warhead! In truth, I am not big into sweets, or candy, or even dessert or chocolate. But if I do eat candy, I prefer fruity to chocolaty. After Twizzlers, Skittles are my favorite, with Resses Pieces following them as my favorite non-fruity candy. But truthfully, I know all that candy stuff is garbage, so I generally try to avoid it. But comparing Twizzers to nasty stuff like Orange Peanuts and Candy Corn? For shame! At least nobody compared them to the abomination that is Peeps!

I'm indifferent to regular Twizzlers. But the pull n' peel. Now THOSE are legendary imo. They're just as fun to play with as they are to eat!

But as said above... yeah Candy Corn, Circus Peanuts, and I'll also add Mary Janes to that list. Good lord those are atrocious. I don't know what kind narcotics you'd have to be on to think any of those are enjoyable "candies".

---

Anyways. The name will grow on us...as most do. Personally, I thought Candemonium would have looked/sounded more appealing but hey whatever.

I've been saying that since they announced it last year. Next year they should build a coffin slide in the waterpark and call it "The Poop Chute".

I mean it's not like Hershey gives two sh*ts how dumb anybody thinks the name is.

two sh*ts ??

giphy.gif

that's it!. .they shoulda called it the Hershey Highway.

Twizzlers suck. They're the Churros of candy. So much promise but they're just sh*t.

I know everyone's focused on the Twizzler's but nice to see someone else not like Churros. They're all over the tourist places and theme parks here in Korea and I can never understand the love. They always look like they should be great and it's just meh.

I will say there used to be a place that filled them with a lot of hot caramel or peanut butter that was fine but sadly it's gone and back to plain regular ones.

I know it's a summer weekend and almost any park is going to be extremely crowded but looking at the wait time app and seeing a 75 minute wait for the wave pool, 90 minute wait for the lazy river and a 3 hour wait for the water coaster is crazy. A high capacity attraction like a lazy river or wave pool should never have anywhere close to that kind of wait even on a crowded Saturday in the summer. It's still the only park I have been to where there is a queue set up for the wave pool and you can't just walk right in.

Twizzlers suck. They're the Churros of candy. So much promise but they're just sh*t.

I know everyone's focused on the Twizzler's but nice to see someone else not like Churros. They're all over the tourist places and theme parks here in Korea and I can never understand the love. They always look like they should be great and it's just meh.

I will say there used to be a place that filled them with a lot of hot caramel or peanut butter that was fine but sadly it's gone and back to plain regular ones.

My kids liked the WDW churros but not any theyve tried since. Got two at Water Country USA that were nice and stale.

I know it's a summer weekend and almost any park is going to be extremely crowded but looking at the wait time app and seeing a 75 minute wait for the wave pool, 90 minute wait for the lazy river and a 3 hour wait for the water coaster is crazy. A high capacity attraction like a lazy river or wave pool should never have anywhere close to that kind of wait even on a crowded Saturday in the summer. It's still the only park I have been to where there is a queue set up for the wave pool and you can't just walk right in.

I said the same thing last week.

Did anyone else the new season pass changes?

I was privately begging for the changes they made, but then they made me regret it by drastically raising prices.

I bought 2019 pass for $147 plus $31~ for drink plan, that came with free parking and 1 free ticket to be used before July 1st.

I’m not in the area in October so the king size isn’t that useful.

If they have an additional free ticket for buying before Christmas (like last year) then it’s going to be great, or if the monthly rewards are as good as busch gardens williamsburg.

2802218C-7452-4CEA-9C72-29228825947B.thumb.png.4eebcd3bc9f570a9c4e43bccf4def5e2.png

AA831008-AC28-4328-A7CB-D050E83AA4A0.thumb.png.50e07939f870cd242be4683de8f7fb7b.png

EF1CCE9A-5625-47DD-ADE3-A3A28999932A.thumb.png.bc58ab7e9c3b19cb0aec2cae16fa1e0a.png