Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 1007 - 2020 Roller Coaster "Candymonium" Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby Intamin_coyote » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:29 pm

I'm indifferent to regular Twizzlers. But the pull n' peel. Now THOSE are legendary imo. They're just as fun to play with as they are to eat! :lol:

But as said above... yeah Candy Corn, Circus Peanuts, and I'll also add Mary Janes to that list. Good lord those are atrocious. I don't know what kind narcotics you'd have to be on to think any of those are enjoyable "candies".

---

Anyways. The name will grow on us...as most do. Personally, I thought Candemonium would have looked/sounded more appealing but hey whatever.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby rspeck77 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:09 am

I've been saying that since they announced it last year. Next year they should build a coffin slide in the waterpark and call it "The Poop Chute".

bert425 wrote:
CoasterAuditor wrote:I mean it's not like Hershey gives two sh*ts how dumb anybody thinks the name is.

two sh*ts ??

that's it!. .they shoulda called it the Hershey Highway.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby CoasterAuditor » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:41 am

What on earth did I start? :lol:
I'm an accountant that's obsessed with roller coasters
Knoebels > Everywhere

1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. Phoenix 4. Millennium Force 5. New Texas Giant

118 Coasters
16 Parks

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:11 pm

coasterbill wrote:Twizzlers suck. They're the Churros of candy. So much promise but they're just sh*t.

I know everyone's focused on the Twizzler's but nice to see someone else not like Churros. They're all over the tourist places and theme parks here in Korea and I can never understand the love. They always look like they should be great and it's just meh.

I will say there used to be a place that filled them with a lot of hot caramel or peanut butter that was fine but sadly it's gone and back to plain regular ones.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby YoshiFan » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:14 am

I know it's a summer weekend and almost any park is going to be extremely crowded but looking at the wait time app and seeing a 75 minute wait for the wave pool, 90 minute wait for the lazy river and a 3 hour wait for the water coaster is crazy. A high capacity attraction like a lazy river or wave pool should never have anywhere close to that kind of wait even on a crowded Saturday in the summer. It's still the only park I have been to where there is a queue set up for the wave pool and you can't just walk right in.

Postby Haymaker » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:15 am

Garet wrote:
coasterbill wrote:Twizzlers suck. They're the Churros of candy. So much promise but they're just sh*t.

I know everyone's focused on the Twizzler's but nice to see someone else not like Churros. They're all over the tourist places and theme parks here in Korea and I can never understand the love. They always look like they should be great and it's just meh.

I will say there used to be a place that filled them with a lot of hot caramel or peanut butter that was fine but sadly it's gone and back to plain regular ones.

My kids liked the WDW churros but not any theyve tried since. Got two at Water Country USA that were nice and stale.

Postby Haymaker » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:16 am

YoshiFan wrote:I know it's a summer weekend and almost any park is going to be extremely crowded but looking at the wait time app and seeing a 75 minute wait for the wave pool, 90 minute wait for the lazy river and a 3 hour wait for the water coaster is crazy. A high capacity attraction like a lazy river or wave pool should never have anywhere close to that kind of wait even on a crowded Saturday in the summer. It's still the only park I have been to where there is a queue set up for the wave pool and you can't just walk right in.

I said the same thing last week.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby freejaffa » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:43 pm

Did anyone else the new season pass changes?

I was privately begging for the changes they made, but then they made me regret it by drastically raising prices.

I bought 2019 pass for $147 plus $31~ for drink plan, that came with free parking and 1 free ticket to be used before July 1st.

I’m not in the area in October so the king size isn’t that useful.
If they have an additional free ticket for buying before Christmas (like last year) then it’s going to be great, or if the monthly rewards are as good as busch gardens williamsburg.
2802218C-7452-4CEA-9C72-29228825947B.png
AA831008-AC28-4328-A7CB-D050E83AA4A0.png
EF1CCE9A-5625-47DD-ADE3-A3A28999932A.png

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:30 pm

Does Hershey ever close queues early if a ride has a long wait? If Cupfusion's queue doesn't drop down, I'm hoping I can hop in right at closing.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Funtown U.S.A. & Palace Playland

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby Jason Maier » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:43 pm

OK, the name Poop Shoot for a coffin ride is funny as hell . . . . and I'd ride it for sure!

And for real; a queue line to enter the wave pool?!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!