Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1875 - What's New at Haunt for 2019?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby T1020 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:05 pm

Anyone know, what is all of this in red? Old Lion Country Safari? I'm assuming the park doesn't own the area in yellow?
6F3CC0A8-D248-40A8-BD10-EB797C087AEB.jpeg

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RollerManic » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:39 am

Yes, that’s the former Lion Country area. No idea who owns the part in yellow.

Wasn’t Intimidator’s/X-Sector’s plot part of the safari too?

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:32 am

Hummm, with big wave bay leaving I wonder if they will expand back in that area or keep it blocked off with a new attraction in the same spot?
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:54 pm

I'm not familiar with KD water park (or KD as a whole for that matter). Is Big Wave Bay a wave pool, or a slide?

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Mike240SX » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:10 pm

It's their original wave pool, located at the very back of the water park. They also have a newer wave pool located midway through the water park.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 134
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby The username » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:37 am

Went and battled the heat yesterday. Barley anyone at the park, was able to make several laps. Rode I-305 21 times(several of those at night). On Twisted Timbers, the first half is awesome but after the 3 big air time hills, the ride kills its re-rideability with all the jerky ejector air. Fantastic day, glad I was able to get back to this amazing park.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby C.O. » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:09 am

I'm a DC college student looking to take a trip down to KD soon, maybe tomorrow. I've never been before and I don't have a season pass - that combined with a ZipCar rental can make the trip there a little pricey for me. I'd like to be able to ride all the coasters in a day when I go, will it be possible to do that on a Sunday?

It's actually 70, Coaster Count just doesn't like to count clones!

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Mike240SX » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:24 am

Maybe. It'll depend on the weather.

I'm guessing you can't budget for a FL+. I have a Platinum Pass and all-season FL+, so I normally don't follow this routine, but here you go:

If you are there from open to close, you should be able to hit all of the adult coasters at least once, even with having to wait in lines. I recommend the following course:

1. Detour into Camp Snoopy for Woodstock Express. Will definitely get more of a line later due to the height restriction.
2. Beeline to the back of the park for Apple Zapple. Can get a line later in the day due to low height restriction, and low capacity.
3. Twisted Timbers. Will be right there, and WILL get a substantial line later.
4. Now start a counter-clockwise rotation around the park. Rebel Yell/Racer 75.
5. Backlot Stunt Coaster
6. Anaconda
7. Flight of Fear. The AC'd queue will feel pretty good around this point in the day.
8. Intimidator
9. Avalanche
10. Dominator
11. Grizzly

At this point, if you have any time left in the day, I recommend getting a few more rides on Twisted Timbers or marathoning Intimidator
-Mike
Total Coasters: 134
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby C.O. » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:27 am

Thank you!

It's actually 70, Coaster Count just doesn't like to count clones!

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby bill_s » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:53 pm

You could probably do that in the last 3-4 hours of the day, or 2.5 hours on Monday. If you're leaving early though, I suggest going TT and then to FoF. Only the last 15-20 minutes of its queue is fully air conditioned and you're outside if over 30 min.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!