Funniest Ride Experiences

Things that made you laugh
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Re: Funniest Ride Experiences

Postby palmerleeberry » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:55 am

On Kings Dominion Delirium I sat next to a young girl who got so freaked out I thought she was suffering from a severe trauma attack. She was screaming "OH MY GOD!!!" and me (who rode many rides like that during my years as a rider and amusement park flyer - hmm I haven't used that phrase in a long while) started joking with her and singing the chorus part to The Battle Hymn of the Republic; I thought she found religion. As the ride was slowing down, I could hear her whimpering, so I quickly changed my tone and told her to take deep breaths; the ride was over. She got off the ride, ran to the exit, and was gone! It started as a funny situation, but methinks it could have turned serious and my joke of people finding religion while on a ride could had her actually going up to Heaven because the ride nearly scared her to death. Although I'll be riding more Deliriums methinks that poor girl would rather stay on the carousel than get on that ride.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby average.coaster.fan » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:00 pm

One time at Busch Gardens Williamsburg I heard a ride operator on Le Scoot sing "We are on a Log Flume."
Steel: 154 Wood: 39 Overall: 193
Top 5 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Twisted Timbers, Skyrush, i305, Maverick
Top 5 Wood: Voyage, Lightning Rod, Outlaw Run, Beast, Thunderhead
Top 5 Parks: Cedar Point, Silver Dollar City, Dollywood, Busch Gardens Tampa, Holiday World

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Gtmichaels » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:40 am

Me and my mum went on the 'Scooby-Doo Spooky Coaster' at Movie World, and there was this boy and his father sitting behind us. As they were checking the restraints, the boy asked his dad to promise him that there were no drops. As soon as we went down the steep backwards drop, he started screaming "I HATE YOU DAD I HATE YOU SO MUCH". He kept screaming for the entire wild mouse part of the ride, and my mum and I were trying so hard not to laugh. This is a hilarious experience I will not forget XD

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Sneaky » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:14 am

Last year my brother and I had a really funny ride on Crazy Mine, the Maurer wild mouse at Hansa Park.
We are both quite tall guys (about 6' 4" or 193cm) and it was already a tight fit in the small cars. We could barely get the lap bar over our knees into the proper lap position. We have quite long legs, so our knees stick up quite high. This position meant that we had a lot of room to slide forward, though it was impossible to leave the car during the ride (moving up or to the side was not possible). Then during the ride, at every drop, hill and certainly every brake, we would slide further forward in our seat, with no way to for us to move back. After the final brake run we were practically sitting in front of our seat. :lmao: We were laughing throughout the entire ride.
Then came the hard part. Back in the station, we had to try and get out of the car again. But because of our position we couldn't get the lapbar back over our knees. We first had to get back into the seat properly, which was quite a challenge, before the lapbar could fully open. :lol:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Riding Phoenix during TPR GlowFest!

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby palmerleeberry » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:04 am

Last time I was in Hersheypark riding SKYRUSH and the riding sitting next to me showcase a bad case of flatulence ( in other words he passed a lot of gas) just as the train departed the station and headed up the lift hill. He apologized profusely, but I told him at least ripping prize winners was much better than throwing up. Besides, at least he didn't soil his pants.

On another visit to Hersheypark, inside one of their eateries, A big fellow sat down in the booth adjacent to where I was eating and ripped out his prizewinner. When he looked at me, I remembered a joke I had with my late mother whenever she tooted and replied unto him, "I hate to say this, but I think you sat on a spider."

"Good!" he replied, and we both went back to our lunches, trying hard not to laugh.

:lol: " Gee, ain't that a toot?"
Last edited by palmerleeberry on Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:26 am.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:54 pm

I still don't remember what made us all laugh on it, but a coaster we rode in the TPR 2012 China Tour, had us in fits at the end of the ride. I'm pretty sure it was somebody (a local, perhaps?) who was screaming during the entire ride, and it must have been quite the 'unusual' scream, because we were all laughing our heads off when we came back into the station. And somebody got a photo of us, too!
ChimelongParadise2012.jpg
It was in Chimelong Paradise Park. On Young Star Coaster.
And THANK YOU to whoever took this photo! It's been awhile. I forget.
Last edited by Nrthwnd on Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:04 pm.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Haymaker » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:47 pm

My son was in line for the kiddie swings at SFDL and dancing like he had to go pee. I asked him twice and he assured me he didnt have to. I go sit on a bench while they ride to chat with friends, and we hear him crying on the ride. I go to see whats up, the ride is cycling down and well... you can figure it out:
20190727_164339.jpg

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:05 pm

^ LOLOL! That's something! Your son has a future in "performance arts," lol!
I do hope he was okay, after that experience.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Rai Fox » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:16 pm

Not as good as a lot of the stories here, but I do have a few.

One of my favorites; a few years back, at Kennywood, I get on Phantom's Revenge, after waiting a bit extra for the front row. I'm in the front right seat and get an absolutely awesome ride...to no one's surprise, if you've been on Phantom's Revenge. We come around to the station again and the restraints come up...all except mine. The ride ops try for a couple minutes to get mine to release, but nothing works. Finally one of them comes over, and looking horrified, tells me "We're going to have to cycle it again to get it around to the maintenance station. Are you going to be okay if we go around again?" They're acting like this is some horrible penalty, no matter how much I try to explain to them that yes, I am entirely fine with a second front seat ride on Phantom's Revenge. So they send me around again, and stop the train at the switch track before the station, where a maintenance guy is able to get my restraint released in a minute or two. One of the other ride ops comes over then and starts offering me coupons for free food, suggesting that if I go to guest services I might be able to get a refund on my park ticket, just absolutely ridiculous offers in exchange for the unthinkable crime of having to ride one of my favorite coasters a second time. I could barely convince them that I was fine and didn't need anything from them. I guess some people really are that eager to complain that they might have made a big deal out of something like that, but...it was a free ride, and they REALLY wanted to compensate me for it. No, I didn't take them up on any of it, I would have felt horrible.

Other stories...further back, a lot further back, when I was still travelling with parents, we were at Six Flags Great Adventure and hit the teacups there... Now it's worth pointing out that my family does not 'ride' teacups. 'Ride' is a passive word. We all have a bit of a competitive side, and my father got it into my brother and I at an early age that teacups are a competitive sport. If someone else is spinning faster, that means we can do better. And SFGA that day, the ride ops were having fun and offering a free ride to whoever they saw spinning the fastest. The first ride, we definitely won, and the ride ops agreed and told us to stay on if we wanted. Of course we did.

The second round was...more competitive. And just for the sake of imagery, I should try to give you some idea of what we look like here. It's my father, my brother, and I, in one of the green teacups. I take after my father in being a little bit on the taller side and very long limbed, making it very easy to get a good hold on the wheel in the middle of the cup despite being spun hard back against the seat. My brother takes after my mother, so he has to work at this. And he makes up for that in sheer determination. We've figured out that if we all try to spin the cup at the same time, our hands get in each others way, and we all get tired out too quickly, so once we're up to speed we take turn, spinning hard as we can then calling for the next person around to take their turn. And when it's my brother's turn, he's almost completely out of his seat, feet braced up against the other side of the cup, just so he can reach at the speeds we're spinning, like some kind of spider hanging on to the ride. It is very clear that all three of us take this far more seriously than anyone should ever take a ride. And we're loving it.

So halfway through the ride, we're increasingly aware that a large number of people in line have started chanting for us, "Green! Green! Green!' So of course we're going at it even harder now. Then the ride comes to a stop and everyone starts to get off, except for one other cup near us. The ride operator tells them then have to get off, and one girl tells him "no we don't, we were spinning fastest." The op just shakes his head, pointing to us. "Nope. THEY WON." And half the people in line start cheering and clapping.

Fortunately for us, before the next ride started, someone I assume was a supervisor came over and told the ride ops that they couldn't give free rides like that...because we were /dead/ and there was absolutely no way we were going to be able to win again!

My family, and my father especially, being competitive on rides doesn't end with teacups. Racing waterslides are very much the same. I don't know anyone that's ever beaten him on one of those racing mat slides. I've never figured out how he does it; he's never even been that heavy for the extra momentum. So, years back, again, we were at Blizzard Beach at Disney World. (I'd actually been pretty sure this was on the toboggan racers, but looking at the pictures from the park now, I'm realizing it was Downhill Double Dippers; Toboggan Racers doesn't have a pool, just water brakes. The pool with the bumper is next to it on DDD, the inner tube version) We're in line for the slide and laughing a little at the big bright colored rubber bumper at the end of the pool. It seems so unnecessary. We're watching everyone hit the pool and stop, usually sinking, or make it maybe halfway across on their tubes...talk about unneeded safety precautions, no one is getting to that bumper. We keep watching all through the line and no one is even getting more than halfway across the pool. Then we get to the top, my brother and I first...my brother beats me to the bottom by a mile, as usual; I never win at these. We get off, and wait for our father to come down next, against whoever was behind us in line. And come down he does, like he has a rocket strapped to his inner tube...and hits the pool, and just skips like a stone. Skip, skip...slam right into the big yellow bumper at the end. The only person we saw the entire time make it anywhere near that, and he hit it hard enough to barely hold on to his tube. He gets out, and the lifeguard is just staring at him, "That was SO COOOOOOOL." It's probably been 15 years at this point, and I still don't know how he does it...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!