TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

How has it been at the park lately, crowd wise? Thinking about going Friday, if it's not craz. Any thoughts or opinions?

This past Saturday was ridiculous. Disney levels. But it seemed that most people were in the waterpark or in line for Tidal Force. Went to Chocolate World on Sunday and it seemed pretty crazy then too but I didnt go in the park obviously.

https://www.pennlive.com/life/2019/07/has-the-name-of-hersheyparks-newest-roller-coaster-been-leaked.html?outputType=amp

Not much is known about Hersheypark’s plans for a new roller coaster, but internet sleuths may have discovered its name.

Coaster-net.com has tracked down a trademark request with the U.S. Department of Patent and Trademarks from Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company for “Candymonium.” Hershey Entertainment is the company that operates Hersheypark. “Candymonium” is listed in the trademark application as being used for “entertainment services, namely, providing an amusement park ride in the nature of a roller coaster ride.”

How has it been at the park lately, crowd wise? Thinking about going Friday, if it's not craz. Any thoughts or opinions?

I just left the park, lines were 30 minutes or less for everything except Laff Trakk and CupFusion and the water park attractions. I’d expect it to be a little more crowded on a Friday especially with lots of people entering later for the Preview Plan if you plan to stay until closing.

Hersheypark Announces “Candymonium” Hypercoaster for Summer 2020

Hershey’s Chocolatetown to Feature Park’s Tallest, Fastest, Longest and Sweetest Coaster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByFSdBYztJY

(Hershey, PA - July 24, 2019) - Hersheypark amusement park, a 121-acre theme park with more than 70 rides, a water park and a zoo, today unwrapped the details of the Candymonium hypercoaster, its 15th coaster. The hypercoaster will feature a lift height of 210 feet, max speed of 76 mph and track length of 4,636 feet - making it the tallest, fastest, longest and sweetest coaster in Hersheypark.

Candymonium will open in summer 2020 as part of the all-new Hershey’s Chocolatetown region, Hersheypark’s $150 million transformational expansion. The addition of this 15th coaster also means Hersheypark will have the most coasters of any park in the Northeast in 2020.

“As The World’s Sweetest Coaster, Candymonium will truly merge fun and iconic Hershey brands to provide a thrilling experience our guests can only get in Hershey,” said John Lawn, president and CEO of Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company (HE&R). “We worked with leading industry manufacturer Bolliger & Mabillard (B&M) to assemble a one-of-a-kind hypercoaster with the most airtime of any coaster in Hersheypark.”

Candymonium will span 7 acres at the new entrance of Hershey’s Chocolatetown, a new region at Hersheypark where guests can play, eat, shop and gather year round. Guests will be welcomed by the signature milk chocolate-colored track and candy-themed trains representing the world-renowned Hershey Company brands of Hershey’s Kisses, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and Twizzlers.

The thrilling 2 minute and 26 second ride experience on Candymonium will begin as soon as guests 54” and taller (Twizzlers height requirement and above) enter the Park’s most immersive coaster station to date with extensive theming.

Riders will embark on a heart-pounding, 210-foot ascent up the tallest hill in Hersheypark before dipping into thrilling drops, including seven camelback hills and a 123-degree hammerhead curve that serve up the ultimate feeling of freedom with the most airtime in Hersheypark. The finishing touch is an impressive panoramic banked curve that wraps around the new iconic Kisses Fountain.

Guests can experience a thrilling point of view video of Candymonium and learn more about the next chapter of Hersheypark at www.hersheypark.com/chocolatetown/coaster.php.

Candymonium will join other marquee elements of Hershey’s Chocolatetown in 2020, including a new arrival experience and front gate; restaurant, bar and patio; ice cream parlor and confectionary scratch kitchen; a Starbucks® store; and a flagship retail store with the largest collection of Hersheypark merchandise. For more information on this transformational expansion, explore www.Hersheypark.com/chocolatetown and follow along using #HPChocolatetown.

This ride is going to be a ton of fun. It's undoubtedly weird but B&M hypers are always a good time. I expect it to be a big hit for them and we'll definitely go and check it out next year.

Edited by coasterbill

^ Wow I missed the 6 car trains. I'm sort of surprised they're so short.

This ride looks great. Having this and Skyrush next to each other is awesome. I also love how that outward banked drop after the helix is actually happening. I remember seeing that in the initial photo wondering if that was a mistake.

It looks like a fun ride. I’ll just call it candy coaster. Looking forward to the new entrance and area as well. Side note: maybe all the locals will ride the B&M so Skyrush will have a shorter line.

I love this park and I haven't met a B&M hyper that wasn't awesome. This is totally gonna be a hit. I just don't get the low capacity trains or the fact that they didn't design this like 15 feet taller to take the state height record. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Looks awesome. I am a little surprised by the 6-car trains, but I think B&M Hypers benefit with shorter trains. I remember when Mako was announced, they mentioned the 7-car trains make the airtime more consistent and strong. I imagine the 6-car trains will help even more. Kinda like how Thunderbird has the smallest Wing Coaster trains and is often considered the best and more forceful.

Can’t wait!

PS: Do the six car trains make this (theoretically) the lowest capacity B&M hyper / giga ever built?

Looks like it. Mako has 7 cars per train, but I don't see any records of other 6 car trains out there.

Not really a huge surprise, but glad to have more details and renderings finally. This coaster looks great, will offer amazing views, and will undoubtedly be fun and very popular among park guests. Can't wait to get back to this place in 2020!

I just don't get the low capacity trains or the fact that they didn't design this like 15 feet taller to take the state height record.

Yea, I don't really get the short trains either, but it should still be a people eater. I do wonder how it'll impact back row rides and am curious to find out.

I love the layout, I like the color a lot (the brown track grew on me). . the name is throwing me a bit.

Six Flags has kind of made Pandemonium synonymous with a family spinning coaster in my head, so "CandyMonium" is throwing me a little bit. It's a GREAT name for a HersheyPark ride, but not 100% sure it "fits"

I would have called this something like "the Full Bar" or, hell: "Hershey's Rollo Coaster"

but they didn't ask ME. . LOL.

Regardless, it's gonna be great, and a hit for the park.

On the bottom of the site, they show a drawing of the train with 7 cars. So I'm not sure we should all get too attached to it only having 6 car trains. That may have just been an error for the ride animation (or maybe it does have 6 car trains).

DE134901-2EAC-4E85-B8B2-0CF1C02DD56A.thumb.jpg.a03e5ae10e1c141c15f5a562c70ccbae.jpg

All Wildcat needs is re-tracking. Also, I believe every park should have a wild mouse coaster.

I've only been to HP once, a year ago, and rode Wildcat in the front seat. The front seat. And it was one of the roughest roller coasters I've experienced with hardly any redeeming qualities. I understand it's the first GCI and the GCI HQ isn't too far away but Wildcat needs far more than retracking in my opinion. It's got a lot of potential on that little hillside!

Great, you've got an air conditioned, themed mouse in a box right across the path

On the bottom of the site, they show a drawing of the train with 7 cars. So I'm not sure we should all get too attached to it only having 6 car trains. That may have just been an error for the ride animation (or maybe it does have 6 car trains).

Great find. Honestly that seems a bit more likely.

EDIT: The park replied to someone's comment on Facebook and confirmed that it's going to run 7 car trains.

Edited by coasterbill