TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

A few things I'm sure of. It's gonna be the fastest of it's type. In the initial teaser on all their social media's, they worded it "be the fastest to know". You don't typically word stuff like that. The second thing is that it's a coaster of some type. Weather it's a dry coaster or a water coaster. Why would they want coaster enthusiasts in the audience for the announcement for some slide, or flat ride addition. Lastly, it's not a family coaster. It wouldn't be the fastest of its type if it was.

Honestly, the more I think of it, the more an Intamin Water Coaster makes sense. They're similar in style to the former Shoot the Chutes ride HW had. In fact, they can reuse the the foundation from the former tower of Pilgrims Plunge and also reuse almost everything like the water pumps, boats, ext, other than redesigning the splash down area as I'm assuming this will also have a roller coaster part like ones in Europe do. Intamin is probably also giving them a discount too due to the failure of Pilgrims Plunge. Also, why would they leave the boats, the station, the splash down and all the foundation work for almost 6 years now if they didn't plan on reusing it at some point? They certainly have the money to remove it all if they so wish, and honestly by all accounts should of at this point if they didn't plan to reuse it as it's kinda an eye sore.

THIS sounds like something they would do. I’m buying what your selling and could totally see a ride like that in HW. I don’t think it is by any means a small addition like a new slide complex or anything like that. This will be a more major, anchor ride I think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know. That would actually be a pretty good idea I think. It's been years since they removed Pilgrim's Plunge. It's been long enough that I think people would see the replacement and think "man, I've missed that ride. I want to go out to Holiday World and try it again." It's not like they removed it, and then announced a replacement the next year.

^ A huge water ride like Pilgrim's Plunge was my thinking, in the same spot. I can't really see a new large-investment coaster like some people are saying, but you never know.

I don't know. That would actually be a pretty good idea I think. It's been years since they removed Pilgrim's Plunge. It's been long enough that I think people would see the replacement and think "man, I've missed that ride. I want to go out to Holiday World and try it again." It's not like they removed it, and then announced a replacement the next year.

But do people really miss it? It wasn't taken out just to take out. It was problematic right? From my understand it was a long, boring trek to the lift then just a drop?

I really liked it, yeah it was kind of uneventful until you got to the elevator lift but man what a nice way to cool down on a hot day. The drop was awesome, I think it just needed the roller coaster part like its counterpart in Europe which I'm blanking on the name now.

^ There are several of them out there now. TPR just rode one at Energylandia today!

Also, since this is classified as a water coaster, Assuming it would be the tallest of its kinds since it's the fastest, HW could claim that they have the Tallest, Fastest, and Longest Water Coasters in the world in one park.

But do people really miss it? It wasn't taken out just to take out. It was problematic right? From my understand it was a long, boring trek to the lift then just a drop?

What is a typical log ride? A slow trek to a lift hill and drop. Lots of the general public miss Pilgrim’a Plunge. It was a crowd pleaser with its huge drop. I didn’t imply though that it was removed for no reasons. These new Intamin water coasters are a lot more reliable. Pilgrim’a Plunge was just a prototype.

So the park has been busy dropping a few more hints.

The first being in this blog post. Spoiler Alert, this ride announcement isn't on the same level of Thunderbird.

Then in this newsletter that was sent out yesterday:

5Ofe9P4.png

Notice how hot new food addition is Flamin' Hot CHEETOS lol

Here's the video that was linked in the newsletter:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Looking at the video: One, there appears to be either Tigers or Cheetahs on the socks. Two, Obviously a water attraction since they used Safari Sam, however, socks seem to imply that your feet are going to get wet, so perhaps this ride will be accessible from both the dry and water park? As soon as I saw this, I immediately thought of this video TPR just put up:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

I think the chances on this being a water coaster from Intamin is precisely zero. Giraffica was a huge headache for them. With that being said, I think a water coaster from Mack with an actual roller coaster layout (and not just a lift and drop) is possible. Theme it to some jungle creature and plop it in the old Giraffica plot and you have a winner.

Holiday World does an excellent job teasing (as we know from the Thunderbird announcement). Can't wait to see what they have up their sleeve.

Am I the TPR antagonist this week? Lmao. I never had a good experience on Pilgrims Plunge. The lift wasn't as intimidating as I had hoped for, the drop with all of that water flying in your face was painful, and they could never get the water level right so it was a giant drop into brakes. I'm only 5'8" and my knees would mash into the plastic part of the boat upon the harsh stop every time. It was wasn't a fun experience at all. I haven't been on a new one since, and I could see it being a crowd pleaser if they got the water level right and it did more than just go up and drop.

After reading this article from Coaster-Nation, I'm pretty convinced a new launched Intamin water coaster is going to be built in the old Pilgrim's Plunge spot. Take all of this with a grain of salt, but the article includes an image of "leaked plans" and claims there have been some Intamin shipments to the area recently.

I took the image of "leaked plans" and placed it over a satellite image of the old Pilgrim's Plunge area, and it absolutely fits. Down to the old station, splashdown area...the paths and other rides in the park even match up (Notice the Kima Bay area, and Thunderbird element).

It does make sense... Holiday World could have gotten a good deal on this ride for the issues they had with Pilgrim's Plunge. "Hold On," "it will be a blast," "be the fastest to know", could all tie in to a worlds-fastest-launched-water-coaster. Also, as someone mentioned earlier, the socks could be a hint that you could ride it from the dry side as well.

image0.jpeg.05926f6c88f2e3c81c85ca01e4032c66.jpeg

I placed the "leaked plans" from the Coaster-Nation article over a satellite image of the park.

The blog post on Holiday World's website specifically states to not expect a Thunderbird-level announcement. A launched water coaster from Intamin definitely feels Thunderbird-level to me. That is, unless they said that to lower our expectations and make us more surprised at the announcement...

Also, Holiday World is incredibly secretive and good at keeping their plans under wraps. I'm not sure I believe those blueprints at all.

While it'd be pretty cool if that was the intended addition, I'm just gonna err on the side of skepticism for now, and guess those are probably fake.

Just look at how insanely detailed the blueprints are for KI's Giga (which at this point we can be 99.99% sure they are legit) to those.

thumb_og39elb.jpg

HW's on the other hand, really does like something someone could have made up in like 45 min on a computer

IMG_5597.thumb.jpg.e860349713bdce87452f6cdab40197e8.jpg

I'm skeptical, but this would be so cool. It's just hard to get excited about another water coaster like Mammoth or Wildebeest. Granted, water parks aren't really my thing, but I still really enjoy both of them. It would just seem kind of redundant unless it was something totally different like a water coaster with saucer turns.

While it'd be pretty cool if that was the intended addition, I'm just gonna err on the side of skepticism for now, and guess those are probably fake.

HW's on the other hand, really does like something someone could have made up in like 45 min on a computer

King's Island is a elevation and site layout drawing, this is obviously not and considering there are usually multiple drawings made up, this looks to be a simplified drawing showing the location and count of footers needed for the ride. This is very convincing especially if made by a amateur, It would be better if we had a high res. of this drawing as you can see a seal of approval on the drawing but not much else. Also noting the fact there is multiple sheets of same size under the drawing which looks like they are turned over and darker than the first suggesting they also have a site layout.

EDIT:

One thing that confuses me is the fact there is only one "water" splashdown area, if you look at Divertical it has two.

I do not believe this is a Intamin Water Coaster, at least what we know of, as there is supports on the opposite side of the splashdown is longer than the return hill going over Voyager suggesting a lift hill with a standard lift unlike Divertical. I think if this is real, the only part of Pilgrims Plunge used would be the old lift area and the station, the water troughs would be unused and demolished, also I can if HW went back to Intamin they would have them redesign there water coaster without the fancy lift elevator since they had so much trouble with it the past.

HJK.jpg.36b3f6600d0d89db4c1360d2908cd9ac.jpg

image0.jpeg.ca6a4d312c1b04f6a9382922c61c0e9d.jpeg

Edited by jamesk25

^ The working theory is that it's a launched water coaster that would be the fastest water coaster in the world. That would put the launch at over 63mph. It's appears to be an uphill launch that goes over pathways and the valley of the first drop on Voyage. There would only be one splash down, as they're going to re-use PP former area which had one splash down. Only part that's confusing to me is that the return hill definitely won't go over the Voyage as that's at Voyage's tallest point, so it's gonna have to go underneath. Now I'm sure they can create a new bridged section on Voyage to make it work and it would be a nice head chopper, I just don't understand why they would go through the trouble to do that.

Nobody seems to be able to source where this leak came from. I have two working theories. Either it's fake, or HW leaked the layout themselves. HW just doesn't let this stuff slip like this by accident. This leaked layout has generated more talk than any of the teasers HW has officially put out combined. Leah Koch, who is one of the owners and now has Paula's job, would be privy to those layout blueprints and wouldn't surprise me one bit if that's where the leak came from if it's real.

Nobody seems to be able to source where this leak came from. I have two working theories. Either it's fake, or HW leaked the layout themselves. HW just doesn't let this stuff slip like this by accident. This leaked layout has generated more talk than any of the teasers HW has officially put out combined. Leah Koch, who is one of the owners and now has Paula's job, would be privy to those layout blueprints and wouldn't surprise me one bit if that's where the leak came from if it's real.

To me they look quite good if fake, the footings are strong and in the right areas, it even has a seal of approval. I doubt they would have paid a architect to get the footings accurate just to fool us, saying that there is usually more than one contractor and assistants to site and layout I really could believe someone really leaked this. I think they could have gotten in trouble and possibly found if they showed the other drawings, and reveling who they are. Also note they go to the trouble of covering important details, like ride manufacture and possibly the job and bid number.

^ The working theory is that it's a launched water coaster that would be the fastest water coaster in the world. That would put the launch at over 63mph. It's appears to be an uphill launch that goes over pathways and the valley of the first drop on Voyage. There would only be one splash down, as they're going to re-use PP former area which had one splash down. Only part that's confusing to me is that the return hill definitely won't go over the Voyage as that's at Voyage's tallest point, so it's gonna have to go underneath. Now I'm sure they can create a new bridged section on Voyage to make it work and it would be a nice head chopper, I just don't understand why they would go through the trouble to do that.

I don't believe based on this that it would be a launched ride as the footings suggest it goes straight up shortly after the bend from the station, it could have LIMS though instead of a chain to speed up the ride. Also in terms of the return hill, that would be easy to explain, if you look at the supports for the hill they are short suggesting that they will modify and go inside of Voyagers lift hill ((just like how they support the lift hill over the pathway)) and go over the return curve of the Voyager.

721525391_Screenshot(28).thumb.png.b038cec4d168e84a514fff09022eff8b.png

GBH.thumb.png.a41f483be7a3d128c10757c738ab82f8.png