TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

the preview night really makes a huge difference. you can get a LOT done in those 2 1/2 hours.

on a Thursday? place should be dead in the evening, as the next day is a work day.

Agreed, the preview night is totally worth doing as the park clears out around 8pm. I was able to get 3-4 rides each on skyrush, storm runner and Fahrenheit during the preview night.

Wildcat is a one and done for me. If I don't get the magic seat (2nd row) I have a massive headache. I even take ibuprofen before riding in preparation.

It has become a rough ride. They should just do a Cedar Fair style RMC, which is one where they keep as much track as possible. Especially b/c they already have a classic out and back woodie and a racing twister coaster.

Wildcat is a one and done for me. If I don't get the magic seat (2nd row) I have a massive headache. I even take ibuprofen before riding in preparation.

It has become a rough ride. They should just do a Cedar Fair style RMC, which is one where they keep as much track as possible. Especially b/c they already have a classic out and back woodie and a racing twister coaster.

I beg to differ. In my opinion, Wildcat is not unbearably rough. I think all it needs is a re-tracking.

Wildcat is the PERFECT candidate for the RMC treatment in my opinion. The park has several other (actually good) woodies, and Wildcat's layout is pretty bland and has some nice potential for a cool hybrid. It would also fit in the lineup perfectly, and there aren't any other RMCs immediately nearby. I think it's only a matter of time.

Update from today - the B&M hyper is looking good!

Station, transfer and brake run track, along with the three maintenance bays have been installed.

Really will be the Fury for Hershey Park - can sense the scale of the ride when walking to the entrance already!

70929253-6942-407B-8BE7-469107786F7D.thumb.jpeg.7db3180229e862912b427213ad1b595a.jpeg

4F3DE5F8-F33B-4996-9CB5-5C0F7639E12D.thumb.jpeg.0d1b21327c31d5399a12bc4586620b21.jpeg

3D63ABE0-9407-46C8-8126-482104DFA605.thumb.jpeg.9123d8f2ff7729a11050fa9cdd4056ab.jpeg

028AE753-1ABD-454D-8A9C-5F3D7EC8E4DD.thumb.jpeg.d270e7ff7a368f523929001884568b53.jpeg

6C1197A0-1C4E-4EFB-9D60-D5CD407C6AAD.thumb.jpeg.9417eb933140301cc579c9d06f1a9863.jpeg

5C2407FC-B5F8-4EF4-AD68-E146F3A54169.thumb.jpeg.633d492c995bb8f7e41eb3fb299eb7f1.jpeg

43B03C44-64C7-4309-92BC-13450140CFA3.thumb.jpeg.1d14d29da8cff24335f1a95a1dfb8927.jpeg

Edited by Baffles

While I am very excited to see the additions to both Busch Gardens Willamsburg and Hersheypark, I'm definitely more excited for the latter, as not only is it a new ride, but also the future possibilities that a new expansion/land provides you. I can't wait to see in, say a decade, how the new area is filled out. Maybe by then, they will have expanded (or will be expanding) over across Park Boulevard to the other section of the old golf course.

To me Wildcat has the perfect amount of roughness. No where as bad as Predator.

This. Anyone who says Wildcat is rough hasnt ridden Predator. Heck, I dont think Invadr was much smoother.

Here's my thoughts after visiting here for the first time...

- Storm Runner is an intense ride, one of the best ive ridden.

- read somewhere that Great Bear has the loudest B&M roar, and while I have limited first hand experience with B&M, that thing is loud as hell, especially in the sooperdooperlooper station.

- superdooperlooper is amazingly smooth for how old it is, especially compared to an Arrow.

- never again will I go on a Saturday, in July, on a concert day, when its 98 degrees. It was miserable and the crowds, especially in the water park, were unbearable. That said it cleared out pretty good in the evening. The only coaster I waited for all day was Laff Trakk.

- Lightning is better and smoother than Thunder.

- Reese's Tower has some serious airtime.

- Tidal Force is by far the best of its kind that ive ridden so far. Its wave puts Escape from Pompeii to absolute shame. I did not get a single drop of water on me riding Pompeii. 1. Tidal Force 2. Jurassic Park (IOA) 3. Shipwreck Falls (SFDL) 52. Escape from Pompeii

- missed out on Cupfusion and Skyrush due to lack of time

- Love that they have Chick-fil-a, but unfortunately its the slowest moving one.

- maybe its just me, but I hated this parks layout. Everything seems spread out in no logical order, signage is terrible and finding ride entrances is difficult.

I'll be back at some point but probably not until the kids hit Twizzler level. They were upset they couldnt ride Storm Runner and I was mad I couldnt make it to Skyrush. With that and the crowds Chocolatetown will probably draw I dont see myself coming back for a bit.

20190720_231956.thumb.jpg.3e4b1911dc13e176546add1c474d42de.jpg

Edited by Haymaker

The Mini Scrambler wait time is for CupFusion. When it had a 180 minute wait time posted a few weeks ago, I looked at the park app to see what 180 minutes was really for.

Thanks! That definitely makes more sense.

Does Cupfusion still have the single rider line?