TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

somehow I missed this update, John. . thanks for sharing.

this. . . . this is BEAUTIFUL

thumb_img_2280.jpeg

really, a wowza moment on the ride,and an incredible picture.

could only be prettier if there was a TPR magnet in the pic, since that's like putting awesome on awesome.

somehow I missed this update, John. . thanks for sharing.

this. . . . this is BEAUTIFUL

thumb_img_2280.jpeg

really, a wowza moment on the ride,and an incredible picture.

could only be prettier if there was a TPR magnet in the pic, since that's like putting awesome on awesome.

Here's the closest i have to that one with the overbearing obnoxious advertisement magnet in the picture.

1232248039_GRKdDmQtQsuDAmZYBXqog.thumb.jpg.6d3608bbf43b8adfd9610143cfb09e54.jpg

Highly doubt this would ever happen, but I wish they would just get rid of the outdated Viper and replace it with an awesome B&M Giga. I mean when was the last time a Six Flags park added a hyper/giga coaster?

I think our best hope of a B&M Hyper coming to California is at CGA. A small-ish hyper at Knott's is also *possible* years down the road, but I think the chance of SFMM adding a massive B&M coaster, hyper or giga, is just about zero.

I visited the park yesterday for the first time in a couple months and had a nice time. I only stopped for a few hours, but lines were very short and I rode 6 coasters. West Coast Racers is also looking great. I think they're finally picking up with trackwork again. I won't be back until November or December, so it's nice to have a new coaster to look forward to in the winter.

A couple of quick pics of the new coaster. It looks about 3/4 finished. Although Ninja was running a bit bumpy today, you can see how close it gets to the new ride’s track. Although it’s probably going to be a fairly tame ride, it looks like it’ll be a ton of fun and it’ll really have a strong visual impact.

For what it’s worth, the park was fairly busy today, but lines were moving fast. Single-train ops on Viper meant it had the first line I’ve seen for it in years. X2 and Drop of Doom were both down.

318668B0-F721-49B3-96D3-3343C1A3692D.thumb.jpeg.57d5fc6862d2210e805f32a2b6c001b9.jpeg

The first half of the ride is complete.

E272702D-9696-4702-AEB9-0DCCB9027693.thumb.jpeg.17e9ee7385bfe079527932d09f2d9f7c.jpeg

The white track’s inversion looks more like a switchback.

B77459C2-9CC1-4995-9C1A-CF65A7A07978.thumb.jpeg.34ec3b97591fd3fae1fe161e735214ca.jpeg

Bits of the spaghetti bowl are still scattered around the park.

Random question all: Is Apocalypse running consistently (or at all?). Hasn't been open the last couple of times I've been at the park (years apart...) and I'm visiting in September. Not that I need the credit, but I did enjoy the ride in its opening year. Cheers!

Random question all: Is Apocalypse running consistently (or at all?). Hasn't been open the last couple of times I've been at the park (years apart...) and I'm visiting in September. Not that I need the credit, but I did enjoy the ride in its opening year. Cheers!

it's been closed since they started construction on west coast racers. there is no date when it will reopen.

imo, it had been running as it has for the past few years, rough. they re tracked a couple spots, so we'll see how it runs when it reopens.

I think I know the answer, but wanted to ask how the park is in September, on a Monday? May be going in the middle of the month. Also, how is it on Sundays in September?

Thanks

Crowds are typically pretty light between Labor Day and Fright Fest - including weekends. Once Fright Fest starts (Sept. 14), you'll probably hit some crowds on Sunday, but Monday should still be pretty light.

I think I know the answer, but wanted to ask how the park is in September, on a Monday? May be going in the middle of the month. Also, how is it on Sundays in September?

Thanks

Crowds should be really light, BUT, SFMM likes doing one train ops on all their rides on weekdays during the school year, so you'll still be looking at some waits. Maybe you'll be able to ride one or two coasters a couple times in a row if you're lucky! Plus WCR should be opening late September / Early October, so there's that

Cheers! Another GCI that got a bit rough - ah, well, maybe one day I'll get on this thing again.

The park did some re-tracking on Apocalypse and it was running pretty good last year before it shut down for the WCR construction. I've heard they've done more re-tracking since that time, maybe somebody can confirm that? I'm glad to see the ride get some TLC because it really does have a fun layout and it rarely has a line since it's in the very back of the park. Although it will probably have longer lines now with WCR pulling people into that section of the park.

I want to give Six Flags the benefit of the doubt so much. But why do they keep making it SO HARD?!

West Coast Racers, Apocalypse, Slingshot, and Dive Devil were all closed? Wow, they might as well just shut down that whole corner of the park at this point!

X2 and Lux Luthor were down when I was there a couple of days ago. I figure they're doing maintenance or something before the weekend hits.

Super fun time at Magic Mountain last night.

I want to give Six Flags the benefit of the doubt so much. But why do they keep making it SO HARD?!

It's the last couple weeks of summer vacation for a lot of schools. Of course it's gonna be packed! If you go early it's not as bad.