Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

P. 130: MorimotoFest event details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Delicious & Refreshing

Re: Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:52 am

Pizza Ponte has sent us a little bit of info on a delicious offering they serve called the Big Roman... The largest slice of pizza that you can find at Disney Springs!

For only 5.95 a slice, guests can feast on the cheesy goodness of the Big Roman at Pizza Ponte. The largest slice of pizza available at Disney Springs measures 12-inches-long and is baked to absolute perfection. The Big Roman is a classic Margherita style pizza made with tomato, mozzarella, and arugula on roman pizza bread. Share a slice with a friend or hoard it all to yourself (we won’t judge) for an authentic taste of southern Italy brought to you by the same team behind Epcot’s beloved Via Napoli located in the Italy Pavilion.

“The flour and process of making the dough are the make or break components of perfect pizza. We use Caputo “00” flour imported from Italy, which means it’s the best selected wheat and is milled twice. This makes pizza dough flavor very intense. The process is comprised of a three day proofing made with a mother’s yeast at 80 percent hydration. We use water that mirrors the chemical composition of the water found in Naples to help create the consistency of our dough, which contributes to our pizza’s chewy texture,” says Executive Chef and Master Pizzaiolo Charlie Restivo.

“At Pizza Ponte, we’re dedicated to using fresh ingredients and signature cooking methods that deliver results that are on par with the traditional characteristics found in the style of pies served on the streets of Naples,” says Patina Restaurant Group Marketing Director Kyle Collins.
image001 (1).png
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:09 am

We recently got to check out the new Gran Destino Tower as part of the Coronado Resort at Walt Disney World. First of all, I just have to say this new addition is absoultely BEAUTIFUL! Everything about it from the exterior of the resort, the interior lobby areas, the rooms, the views, etc... It's just FANTASTIC! And best of all? It's still considered a "Moderate" in terms of pricing when it comes to Disney World resorts.

I was honestly blown away by the level of quality and when you walk in, the place feels more like a "Four Seasons" which speaks volumes for the expectations raised in a moderate resort. This resort also kicks off some new expansions when it comes to hotel properties at Walt Disney World. Not only do we have this tower opening, but also the DVC tower coming soon to Caribbean Beach, and then of course the new "Star Wars" Hotel which is currently in development.

Coronado Springs has always been one of the "convention" resorts at Disney World so not only does it focus on family vacations to the parks, but also the businesses that hold their meetings and events on property. This new tower and the newer facilities that have been upgraded and added most certainly fit both types of travelers to Walt Disney World.

Anyway, enough text.... let's get onto some photos & video!

Here's a video showing off a look at the rooms and some of the new features of the hotel:

And of course... PHOTOS!
000.jpg
So many families and business travelers will start their vacation at Walt Disney World right here! And I can't think of a better place to be!
001.jpg
The new Gran Destino Tower is beautiful! I love the design of the tower....
003.jpg
...and WOW! The lobby ares are just amazing! This is considered a "moderate" resort, but it looks like a high-end place to me!
005.jpg
It is of course, Disney, so they never forget one thing....
006.jpg
Seriously, though, this lobby and lounge area is awesome!
006a.jpg
This is the "Barcelona Lounge" (and yes, in case you didn't know, Coronado Springs has a Spanish theme and vibe to it!)
007.jpg
Menu, please?
008.jpg
I love the idea of building your own drink!
009.JPG
The new smart elevator system has made its way to Walt Disney World! When you arrive at the elevators, instead of pressing an "up or down" button, you press what floor you need to go to.
010.JPG
The screen directs you to what elevator will take you to your destination.
011.JPG
You head to that elevator and off you go!
012.JPG
There are no buttons inside so you just have to trust Willy Wonka to take you to the floor of your dreams! :)
013.jpg
Here's a look at one of the King rooms. I love the modern, slightly more "classy" look of the place.
014.jpg
There's plenty of desk space in case you need to "work" during your vacation... or if you just have lots of bags of Minnie Ears and you need a place to put them!
015.jpg
Speaking of storage space, one of the nice things about these rooms has taken a page from the Disney Cruise Line staterooms...
016.JPG
...elevated beds so you can unpack, and the store your empty luggage under the bed! We do this all the time on the Cruise Ships, and it's a great idea for the resort hotels also! Especially when you're staying on property a week or longer!
017.jpg
Oh yeah, lots of USB and traditional power outlets in the rooms as well!
018.jpg
Here's a look at one of the living room areas of the larger suites. Love the decor in here!
019.jpg
It would not be a Disney resort without some "Hidden Mickey's." Do you see it? Need some help finding him?
020.jpg
THERE he is!!! :)
021.JPG
Oh, don't forget about the amazing views! No matter what side of the tower you are on, you either have an amazing view of the lagoon or the theme parks! And you can see in the center of the lagoon is the new "Three Bridges Bar & Grill" which opened earlier this year.
022.JPG
This new area is wonderful! I love the seating right on the water.
023.JPG
It's open air and even in the warmer summer nights it is cooled by larger fans and is just a great place to "hang out" at the hotel.
024.jpg
The food and drinks are fantastic here as well! Plenty of "snacks" and "small plates" while you hang out.
025.jpg
These Chicken Sliders were fantastic!
026.jpg
And these churros actually had a bit of a "kick" to them!
027.jpg
The new bar is a great place to down several pitchers of Sangria and raise a glass to the new Gran Destino Tower!
028.jpg
Speaking of back at the tower, here's a look at the Concierge Lounge. And while I didn't get too many photos in here, let me direct you to the most important item....
029.jpg
...Mickey Mouse shaped sugar cubes for your coffee!!!! (what can I say, I'm EASILY amused!) :)
030.jpg
Speaking of more "Mickey's" even the hallways include some subtle little touches...
031.jpg
See him?
032.JPG
Fun Fact! The Grand Destino is actually based on an animated short film from Walt Disney and Salvador Dalí!
033.JPG
It's kind of weird, but most certainly worth checking out!
033a.jpg
The meeting and event spaces were also VERY impressive! This is not your typical "business meeting!" Leave it to Disney to make meetings and conventions FUN and relaxing!
034.jpg
The top floor of the tower features quite possibly the most exciting feature about it!
035.jpg
Two dining venues are on the top floor, the first being the Dahlia Lounge.
036.jpg
This is a fantastic bar to come hang out in and unwind after a day at the parks!
037.JPG
The park views from up here are also FANTASTIC! Great area to view fireworks from!
038.jpg
And then the star attraction of the top floor is the Toledo Restaurant!
039.jpg
Again, just like the rest of the hotel, it looks AMAZING!!!
040.jpg
And the food? OMG! That right there is different ages of Montego Cheese on one plate! 3, 6, 9, and 12 months!
041.JPG
If you like steak...they have it! And it was delicious!
042.JPG
Scallops? You bet!
043.jpg
This might be a little too much Squidward for me, but I know some people who would LOVE this!
044.JPG
The desserts here were also just fantastic!
045.JPG
That is a brownie where every bite is a different flavor! Cheesecake, Dark Chocolate, Raspberry, and more! CRAZY!
046.jpg
I love the smashed bottle plates that the tapas comes on! Just a great idea!
047.jpg
Of course the hotel also looks just GORGEOUS at night!
048.JPG
And finally... it wouldn't be a grand opening without Mickey Mouse doing the honors!
IMG_4549.JPG
I had a fantastic time staying the new Gran Destino hotel! Was fun hanging out with friends. And a HUGE THANK YOU to Walt Disney World for inviting us out and hosting us during our stay! THANK YOU!
Last edited by robbalvey on Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:19 am.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:46 am

That's ridiculously nice for a 'moderate'. I love the new elevators but I don't know if they can work with the general public...especially the general public on vacation! I know Royal Caribbean tested them and it didn't go over so well. I really worry they will only work in office buildings.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Coasternerd3 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:13 am

I see you all found Tim Tracker too! :)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:09 am

If we can pry ourselves away from Disney Springs I could totally us hanging out at Three Bridges Bar & Grill after park close one night. It looks like my kind of thing. I'm loving the midnight closings.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:56 am

Coasternerd3 wrote:I see you all found Tim Tracker too! :)

We all are almost always at these events together.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:00 pm

SharkTums wrote:That's ridiculously nice for a 'moderate'. I love the new elevators but I don't know if they can work with the general public...especially the general public on vacation! I know Royal Caribbean tested them and it didn't go over so well. I really worry they will only work in office buildings.

I didn’t realize they are keeping this in the moderate category! Looks amazing for that price range!

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:14 pm

Every aspect looks great and practical! Overall beautiful, nice fun little Disney touches, the food and bar looks top notch. Looks like the place I'd want to stay if I'd visit Orlando in 2020 :mickey:
{1991} Chicago guy. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby caleb.stone » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:57 pm

I absolutely love those smashed bottle plates!

Also a huge fan of the pillars design in the lobby, and how it's reflected in the artwork! :lover:
Favorite Steel: The Incredible Hulk
Favorite Wooden: Storm Chaser

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:59 pm

Last night TPR was hosted for an evening preview of Late Nights at Enzo's Hideaway Tunnel Bar and The Edison. These new evening late evening menus offer an incredible value for guests enjoying Disney Springs, with generous portions, great prices and plenty of delicious food to enjoy!

Late Nights at Enzo's Hideaway and The Edison run Mondays through Thursdays from 10:00 PM to midnight with limited menus offered during these times.
02F99630-7102-41BA-A464-2BAB28247361.jpeg
We spent our evening at Enzos Hideaway and The Edison previewing their new Late Night menu items!
4E13CAD9-2260-4AC8-BBD8-B09E465FEBCF.jpeg
We started our time at Enzo's Hideaway with a demonstration of how the bartenders craft two of the signature "Giggle Waters" offered in the Tunnel Bar.
BD95C8CE-B9B4-44A5-95B9-DDEB08C4B996.jpeg
Quality limoncello!
AA14CF00-5B0B-415C-8126-E274E3B2AC05.jpeg
There's a science to crafting fine cocktails...
FED39038-F32B-4F60-B7D4-7B610FC04287.jpeg
And these folks have nailed it!
FCB00208-F79D-4020-9821-EC7926342EE3.jpeg
Two of the delicious signature Enzos Hideaway “Giggle Waters” are the Limoncello Gimlet and the Luciano Spritz!
CBE50157-657A-4DD5-9EFC-E7B9390B0C23.jpeg
You can't go wrong with an abundance of cheese!
4914CA66-282C-4402-84A3-0303413AE523.jpeg
How about some meat?
64E229FD-B0B3-4637-8239-6167F3CD6B61.jpeg
Some fresh olives, grapes, honeycomb and almonds to pair with the meat and cheese boards.
C1C0EF7A-BF26-4C73-93E1-15E681D98539.jpeg
The Chicken Parmesan Sliders were absolutely delicious!
C961EEC8-27ED-4937-8F08-050AA617DB3D.jpeg
The Fontina in Carozza (fried cheese!) is a great twist on the classic fried mozzarella!
08342A91-3D54-485E-9D78-D1F3B4D24EAF.jpeg
Time to head over to The Edison for The Edison Late Night preview!
159FB3CA-A9CC-43C0-B10E-1BCC4524C62F.jpeg
What better greeting than a serving of Clothesline Maple Bacon!
A7E89840-9737-4B45-B1B3-C7EBA172A4F2.jpeg
The two drinks we sampled were the Electric Lizard (left) and The Fluoroscopy (right). Rum or vodka respectively. Pick your poison, both are great!
BAA6948E-C111-4D85-AD96-D79819D7BACF.jpeg
Late Nights at The Edison run Mondays through Thursdays from 10:00 PM to midnight. For $5 you can get this Philly Cheesesteak, a bacon cheeseburger or the clothesline bacon!
05ED83C1-E0D3-49D7-9B0F-72066D215FC5.jpeg
The bacon cheeseburger is a great value for $5!
F7C1CC97-D760-439D-B63E-74ADB029E1A6.jpeg
Our preview finished with an amazing Cherry Cheesecake Trifle.
466B6438-9060-4200-9486-56DA0EF7012F.jpeg
Thanks to Enzos Hideaway and The Edison for hosting us for a fantastic evening of late night bites and drinks!
BF814331-C912-431A-B3CD-27182A64CD72.jpeg
This atrium may be familiar to some Pleasure Island fans...
B669CE18-BD8F-40D6-875E-FEF893FCCCCD.jpeg
It is really exciting to see some late night offerings pop up at Disney Springs... And for the value, I'll definitely be revisiting both of these menus... I mean, how can you not where there's clothesline bacon and fried cheese?
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!