TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

La Ronde Discussion Thread

That's awesome, thanks! I'm going Wednesday, how will lines be?

I might just have been lucky, but in the last two years I'd say, I've been to La Ronde several times where the lines were fairly manageable even on days where I expected crowds. However it is probable that there will be more people on a Wednesday, especially in the evening, as it's a fireworks day.

It is also true that if you go right at the opening you will have to wait in line for a while to get in the park, so unless you're pressed by time or really want to spend a lot of time at the park I would suggest you to wait one or two hours after opening to go.

I might just have been lucky, but in the last two years I'd say, I've been to La Ronde several times where the lines were fairly manageable even on days where I expected crowds. However it is probable that there will be more people on a Wednesday, especially in the evening, as it's a fireworks day.

It is also true that if you go right at the opening you will have to wait in line for a while to get in the park, so unless you're pressed by time or really want to spend a lot of time at the park I would suggest you to wait one or two hours after opening to go.

I showed up midday and had to wait 2 hours to get in the park.

I have photos to prove it.

I learned later in the day they had a back entrance too. Is that one less busy?

Nrthwnd wrote:

^ Actually, it would be just "Six Flags Over Quebec", then.

We're still waitidng in Western Canada, for Six Flags:Galaxyland to happen.

Actually it'd have to be Six(sees) Drapeau Sur Quebec.

^ C'est noté.

The back entrance is not always open, but when it is, it's definitely less crowded than the front entrance. As a bonus, if you park in the back parking lot you also get great photo ops of Goliath

If you have at least a Platinum membership you don't have to wait in that line as you can go through the membership entrance. I learned this when I went in May, and it REALLY helps as you get a good couple hours of no lines before all the regular pass holders and ticket people come in.

If you have at least a Platinum membership you don't have to wait in that line as you can go through the membership entrance. I learned this when I went in May, and it REALLY helps as you get a good couple hours of no lines before all the regular pass holders and ticket people come in.

I visited earlier this season and queued up in the absolutely massive regular line, until I noticed there was a membership entrance that didn't have a single soul in it. So that definitely saved a lot of time. I just have the regular gold+ membership, and they let me through.

I'm definitely filing this tip away when I return to the park someday.

Regarding the dining plan, at La Ronde; don't you need to actually get paper vouchers for your meals/snacks when you enter as opposed to actually using your pass at the food stands?

If it's the same as it was in 2016, I believe you go to Guest Services or the Season Pass office (I forget which one, but it's the building next to the front entrance once you enter the park) to get the food vouchers.

^ Do they tell you when it's open?

They don't, usually it's only open on busier days ; considering you said you were going on Wednesay, it might be open considering it'll be a fireworks day.

If the parking at the back of the park is open then the back entrance also is, so assuming you're going to the park by car try to go as far as possible once you enter the front parking, and eventually there'll be a sign that tells you to park at the front if the back parking lot is closed on that day.

But you went to the park in 2016. 2016 was the busiest year since 1985 and the lines were horribly long everywhere.

I honestly haven't waited more than 10 minutes this season to get into the park and the most you'll wait for a ride is 30 min for Monstre or for Titan. Goliath always has a 10 min wait and Vampire is almost always a walk on when I go.

There is a rumor on Screamscape that La Ronde may remove Super Manege (apologies if I spelled that wrong) at the end of the Summer. If that turns out to be true, hopefully it is a sign that La Ronde will receive SFMM's Green Lantern rather than SFStL lol!

There is a rumor on Screamscape that La Ronde may remove Super Manege (apologies if I spelled that wrong) at the end of the Summer. If that turns out to be true, hopefully it is a sign that La Ronde will receive SFMM's Green Lantern rather than SFStL lol!

I hope the rumor is true, IMO The Super Manege isn't the worst coaster in the park considering how much Le Monstre sucks with its PTC trains, but its area looks very depressing and the coaster itself is in a desperate need of a coat of paint, which I think will never happen. Considering La Ronde improved the surroundings of every new ride they added in the recent years, a new attraction replacing this coaster - whatever it is - plus a bit of new concrete and paint would be great.

Any reason why Six Flags never attached a Hurricane Harbor waterpark to La Ronde? Lack of

space/interest?

There used to be a waterpark at La Ronde in the 90's (before Six Flags bought the park), but it has been gone for more than 20 years. I'm not sure why it was removed (a little bit of research would probably give you the answer) but I would guess the venture wasn't worth it considering there are at least 3 other water parks within a 1 hour drive from La Ronde.

1989-parc-deau.jpg.fbbde7a990c5c3c0715653700ccc496b.jpg

Not my picture, it was taken from La Ronde's timeline on Facebook

I do enjoy La Ronde, and I always felt like the two coasters that REALLY needed to be gone from the park were Cobra and Super Manege. Both were slow and meandering coasters. I do think Green Lantern would definitely fit the park, but I do kind of wish something like a Sky Rocket II would replace the coaster, mainly so they would have a launch coaster and something that absolutely nobody would complain about. I honestly wouldn't mind Green Lantern if it actually flipped. As it is, it is a short ride that basically tilts to one side for about twenty seconds and you can MAYBE get one flip on the last turn, and due to the restraints and seats, just hanging there is very uncomfortable. If they added magnetic fins like an S&S version so you actually flip, I would actually really like the ride. Six Flags did say the ride would get new track after it was removed from Magic Mountain. Maybe it will get some fins. Either way, at least La Ronde is finally getting another coaster.

I love that city. I just feel so bad for them that this is their amusement park.

Oh well... Au Revoir, Super Horsemanship (maybe). I can't believe that the ride lineup is actually worse now than when we were there but at La Ronde all things are possible. The ride sucks but it's far from the most offensive thing there.

^ I don't remember the waits inside the park being overly oppressive. Most major rides looked to have a half hour wait.

Yeah but someone here complained about the operations being horrible and the lines to be extremely long which I find is even rarely the case when I go there