Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: john10693 and 14 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby rjr19 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:23 am

Running 2 trains I assume?
9EF705C3-0F50-4BFA-8507-CCC86718D979.jpeg
Six Flags Darien Lake is my home park..... :?r

CURRENT COASTER COUNT: 63 ....yeah I need to go to more parks lol

TOP 10: 1.) Steel Vengeance, 2.) Millennium Force, 3.) Leviathan, 4.) Mako, 5.) Behemoth, 6.) Maverick, 7.) Top Thrill Dragster, 8.) Ride of Steel, 9.) Yukon Striker, 10.) Valravn

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:36 am

Yes, though to be fair a 90 minute wait for Valravn isn't totally out-of-the-ordinary.

Postby bert425 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:37 am

great to see it up and running again!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:43 am

Cedar Point has sent us a press release about the return of Cedar Point Nights starting tonight!

61A02608-84DC-49F9-B764-5744B22734AF.jpeg
Courtesy of Cedar Point.

When the sun goes down, the fun goes up at Cedar Point’s annual summer nighttime beach festival, Cedar Point Nights. Every night, guests can customize their fun, whether they want to unwind and relax next to a lakeside fire pit or dance the night away to live music and DJ’s.

Lakeside Beach Music Festival

New this year along the Lakeside Midway, the Lakeside Stage will host a nighttime music festival featuring continuous live performances from local bands playing the best beach summer hits. Guests can relax on the outdoor lawn, on blankets or Adirondack chairs, roast s’mores and enjoy family games, crafts and more.

The Lakeside Beach Music Festival includes bands Not Fast Enuff, Surf’s Up!, Mellow Yellow, Country Chill and Walkin’ on Sunshine. The show will conclude with the Beach Bash for the ultimate end-of-the-night beach blowout playing beach party anthems.

Near the Lakeside Stage, the beach boardwalk atmosphere lights up with stilt walkers, clown performers and characters dressed in mesmerizing LED costumes, entertaining guests of all ages. Plenty of activities for kids will be available, including Lake Erie driftwood painting, mini pirate raft building, a seashell sand dig, glow face painting and giant corn hole.

On the Famous Cedar Point Beach

The sandy surface where the park had its start becomes a nighttime glow-in-the-dark party place with even more activities that extend beyond rides and roller coasters.

The diverse soundtrack to Cedar Point Nights guarantees something for everyone with Silent Disco, an opportunity for guests to grab custom headphones tuned to the musical genre of their choice. DJ Hurrikane and DJ Resistance will play the best summer sounds while guests dance the night away at the Beach Glow Party, while the Toes in the Sand Band will crank out soothing sounds and live music near the Sand Bar at Hotel Breakers, along the Cedar Point Boardwalk.

The beach comes alive with oversized glow inflatables, beach activities like glow volleyball, glow corn hole, light-up limbo and glow cube team trivia. Fire pits and glow furniture will provide places to relax and chill.

Surf’s Up Food Fest

When guests get hungry, a wide variety of late night food items will be available at the Surf’s Up Food Fest, located near the Lakeside Stage and along the beach and boardwalk. Summer favorites like perch tacos, jerk chicken pitas, custom hot dog creations, grilled pineapple-on-a-stick, ice cream novelties and blueberry crumb dessert will be served up fresh, grilled on the beach or from the Cedar Point Food Truck.

The new Moon Glow signature drink, a blend of tart green apple flavor with Sprite®, served in a souvenir light-up glow cup, joins many other summer thirst-quenching beverages from electric lemonade to bottled beer, craft beers and wine.

New Ticket Deal

Guests can join in the fun of Cedar Point Nights inside and outside the park with the new “25 after 5” ticket.

Valid for admission to Cedar Point only, the ticket is just $25 (plus applicable taxes & fees) and can be used after 5 p.m. any single evening during Cedar Point Nights. The 25 after 5 ticket is available online only and cannot be purchased at the park.

Cedar Point Nights runs nightly (weather permitting) starting at 6 p.m., July 12 through Aug. 18. Schedules for bands, activities and entertainment vary and can be found at cedarpoint.com/events.
D30DAC7B-5040-405B-8161-5EBF95B82A44.jpeg
Courtesy of Cedar Point.
424CA5ED-E93D-4DAB-9041-75349AF73DC3.jpeg
Courtesy of Cedar Point.
675D0322-44AF-45AC-AEE7-D59378E9AA2B.jpeg
Courtesy of Cedar Point.
6D8623EA-B95A-4467-BD20-6BA65C8DD114.jpeg
Courtesy of Cedar Point.
A5A3BB9C-E2C7-4001-9EB0-2492016A9276.jpeg
Courtesy of Cedar Point.
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:45 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby teacherkim » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:14 am

coasterbill wrote:Good morning.

YAY! Thanks for the update. We will be arriving late afternoon tomorrow and that is one of my favorite coasters!

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Lightning Rod » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:30 am

I'm planning to visit Cedar Point in a week. I'm staying at Hotel Breakers for 4 nights. Do you get discounts on fast lane plus for platinum pass holders?

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby coneyislandchris » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:44 am

^ Yes, you get the FLP at the price of a regular Fast Lane wristband. You have to ask for it in the park, this doesn't work online AFAIK.
That coaster dad [335] and that coaster kiddo [212]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Talon. Alpengeist. Copperhead Strike. Twisted Timbers. Fury 325.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby rjr19 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:28 pm

Welp, that didn’t take long, Valravn closed again.
BA63792A-6524-4D8A-808E-23A7D0C493F2.jpeg
Six Flags Darien Lake is my home park..... :?r

CURRENT COASTER COUNT: 63 ....yeah I need to go to more parks lol

TOP 10: 1.) Steel Vengeance, 2.) Millennium Force, 3.) Leviathan, 4.) Mako, 5.) Behemoth, 6.) Maverick, 7.) Top Thrill Dragster, 8.) Ride of Steel, 9.) Yukon Striker, 10.) Valravn

Postby bert425 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:17 pm

rjr19 wrote:Welp, that didn’t take long, Valravn closed again.

the Power Tower East camera is POINTING RIGHT AT IT - and it's running.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/explore/live-video
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby cparkes92 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:22 pm

coasterbill wrote:Yes, though to be fair a 90 minute wait for Valravn isn't totally out-of-the-ordinary.

It being toward the front of the park helps it get a long line early
Top 10 steel: Steel Vengeance, Millennium Force, Maverick, Mako, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, SheiKra, Montu
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Blue Streak (CP), Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat

PreviousNext