WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

P. 180 - Star Wars: Behind The Wall Sneak Preview!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Re: WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

Postby CoasterLover » Thu May 02, 2019 9:15 am

robbalvey wrote:When I walked into the land yesterday, I was surprised at how "done" it looked. Pathways were finished, entrance areas, etc. They are clearly doing more "finishing touches" and "tweak and adjust" right now.

Fantastic to hear, especially considering they still have four months until (grand) opening. I wonder if that opens the door to the possibility of soft openings/AP previews before Aug 29th... (something I keep hearing won't happen prior to the listed opening date for DL)... nonetheless, looks fantastic!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Thu May 02, 2019 10:15 am

made the news here today, that reservations are now open for Star Wars Land as of 10am today.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Hoppy » Thu May 02, 2019 10:23 am

Woo! The theming from what has been seen so far doesremind me of my time at DisneySea. Now, I must begin to digest how much more $$$ I will need to save in order to get my family back there... :cry:
Roller Coasters, Fireworks, and Kobe Beef, oh my!

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby gearbm95 » Thu May 02, 2019 10:26 am

Couldn’t care less about Disney or Star Wars but this looks breathtaking...really cool how from the pics it seems like you’re in a separate park and not just a “land” within a larger park. Very immersive!

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Thu May 02, 2019 4:26 pm

bert425 wrote:made the news here today, that reservations are now open for Star Wars Land as of 10am today.

That was for Disneyland.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby RCjunkie » Fri May 03, 2019 7:31 am

It’s been said before but......WOW. I would like to thank in advance the brave souls who will fight the crowds during opening week and then come back to share their pictures and experiences with the rest of us here. Looking forward to it.

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:09 am

Well, we have opening dates for Rise of the Resistance. From the Disney Parks Blog

Timing for Opening of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Announced
Thomas Smith
by Thomas Smith, Editorial Content Director, Disney Parks

We’ve got some exciting news to share today with the galaxy. We’re opening Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Dec. 5 at Walt Disney World Resort. If this date sounds familiar, many of our fans will recognize it as Walt Disney’s birthday. What better way to honor the ultimate storyteller than by introducing the most immersive and advanced attraction ever imagined in a Disney Park.

rrs2094802394823423424fi.jpg

When it opens, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will blur the lines between fantasy and reality and will put guests in the middle of a climactic battle between the First Order and the Resistance. Guests will be recruited to join Rey and General Organa at a secret base. Along the way, they will be captured by a First Order Star Destroyer. With the help of some heroes of the Resistance, they break out and must escape the Star Destroyer, protect the secret base, and stay one step ahead of Kylo Ren.

As soon as work is completed at Walt Disney World, Imagineers will head back to California to complete their mission at Disneyland Resort where Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will open on Friday, Jan. 17.

Between now and then, we’ll have lots more to share about this immersive, multi-platform experience so keep checking the Disney Parks Blog for updates.

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:58 am

Oh no, now we can expect the Orlando fanboys to go to war with the California fanboys to brag about theirs opening first.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:01 am

God I hope not. Though it's disappointing that the CA one is delayed, It doesn't even matter who's opens first. They were never in a race to begin with.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:45 am

On the bright side, I'm glad this will be open when I'm at Disney World in December.

On the downside, I know I'll be queuing a long time since we will probably be there opening weekend. :lol:
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Rainbow MagicLand & Gardaland

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!