American Dream Discussion Thread

P. 32: Mega-mall opening date set for October 25th, 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Re: American Dream Discussion Thread

Postby Lemur » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:07 am

On the upside, NJTransit should have enough rolling stock and personnel back from PTC testing to maybe run service to the mall.

On the downside, everyone's already pretty sure they'll be pushing it back to Spring 2020.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue May 21, 2019 7:01 am

American Dream is looking good!

WWD has released several new photos from inside of the under-construction mega mall along with some newer pieces of concept art!

american-dream-1.jpg
Less than five miles from Manhattan, American Dream is in the New Jersey Meadowlands.

american-dream-10.jpg
The Koi Court’s fountain converts into a catwalk for fashion shows.

american-dream-2.jpg
A rendering of the NHL-sized skating rink.

american-dream-3.jpg
North America’s first indoor ski park, Big Snow, will be a feature of American Dream.

american-dream-4.jpg
The design of each of the six atriums is different.

american-dream-5.jpg
The DreamWorks Water Park will feature cabanas and a cafe.

american-dream-6.jpg
The 300,000-square-foot Nickelodeon Universe Theme Park.

american-dream-7.jpg
Ken Downing and Don Ghermezian

american-dream-8.jpg
American Dream incorporated natural light into the design.

Despite the construction progress, it has been announced that American Dream's Summer opening has been postponed to Fall 2019.

http://newjersey.news12.com/story/40505531/american-dream-megamall-opening-delayed-again-now-slated-for-fall

Officials have once again pushed back the opening date for a massive retail and entertainment center in the Meadowlands.

The long-delayed American Dream project was slated for a late summer opening. But officials said Monday that it will now open this fall.

American Dream will feature 3 million square feet of retail, dining and entertainment, including more than 450 stores and restaurants. The project includes an amusement park, an indoor ski slope, an indoor ice skating rink, an indoor water park and more.

The project has been plagued by financial problems since the first contract was awarded in 2003.

The immense structure, once called "the ugliest damn building in New Jersey" by former Republican Gov. Chris Christie, has sat unfinished between MetLife Stadium and the New Jersey Turnpike for years.
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Tue May 21, 2019 7:37 am.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue May 21, 2019 7:08 am

Wow that Chance Morgan coaster is a lot bigger than I expected.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

Postby coasterbill » Tue May 21, 2019 8:14 am

Wow, thanks for classing up that post jedimaster. :lol:

I just found the one hot-linked image and didn't have the patience to navigate their paywalls to see if there were any others.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Rai Fox » Tue May 21, 2019 8:19 am

It really is looking pretty amazing. I know it's a bit of a joke with the constant delays and all, but I'm still hoping it turns out to have been worth the wait. Very much looking forward to checking it out...whenever it actually opens. A big indoor waterpark in reasonable driving distance for me will make winters a whole lot more bearable!

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue May 21, 2019 8:38 am

It's looking good! Glad to see progress on it, slow and not steady progress, but they may get this done yet!

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Mike240SX » Tue May 21, 2019 1:34 pm

And yet, just a few days ago, another delay was announced...
-Mike
Total Coasters: 134
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby BlahBlahson » Wed May 22, 2019 6:14 am

coasterbill wrote:

I can't wait to shop at Dier, Pradda, and Vutton at the American Dream Mall!

But seriously it looks like the funnest NYC-area park from day 1 and if it doesn't open eventually at this point of construction I'll be a monkey's uncle.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:24 pm

American Dream has announced an official opening date of October 25th, 2019!

https://www.crainsnewyork.com/real-estate/new-jerseys-american-dream-megamall-sets-opening-date

MAIN-american-dream-mall-1_i.jpg

The American Dream mega-mall is finally set to open this fall.

The East Rutherford, N.J. mega-mall, which includes the Nickelodeon Universe Theme Park and DreamWorks Water Park, will open its doors to the public on Friday, October 25, launching 16 acres of a fully enclosed family amusement park as well as one of North America's first indoor snow sports centers.

"We know that the community has been eagerly awaiting the launch of this incredible global destination," said Don Ghermezian, president of American Dream in a statement. "We have a one‐of‐a‐kind property that will reshape the way people think about entertainment, theme parks and shopping."

The project has taken years to build since it was first proposed in 2003, as the developers have faced a number of challenges over the years, from the bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers to stalled construction.

The mall, which totals approximately 3 million-square feet, will house hundreds of retail, dining, entertainment experiences, with over 20 full-service restaurants, an observation wheel, a performing arts center, and a Legoland Discovery Center and Sea LifeAquarium, among others.

Big Snow Ski and Snowboard Park, the indoor sports center will feature an NHL-size skating and hockey facility, along with an Angry Birds 18-hole miniature golf experience.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:35 pm

Let's see if this date sticks. All I know is I'll be there a few weeks after it opens...if it finally opens.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!