Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

P. 928 - Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Media Preview!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What's with the donkeys anyway?

Re: Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

Postby Evan-500 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:37 am

KBrylczyk wrote:^ That reminds me. Does anyone know how Smuggler's Run cycles through the cockpits? Every video I've seen of the queue is so seamless. I know the main cockpit obviously rolls away from the loading zone and ends at a new exit zone with a new, damaged hallway, but no idea how it moves between the two.

You say there's 4 carousels, so once you get put in the "holding pen" do you get divided there, are there 4 different holding pens, etc? Things like Mission: Space and ToT I was able to piece together pretty well, but this one has me baffled.

So there are 4 carousels, each holding (I believe) 7 simulators. There are two Millenium Falcon holding areas, each leads to two of these carousels.

The carousels slowly rotate throughout the ride experience, eventually connecting to the exit dock and then to the load dock.

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:58 pm

If you want to know, Clicky

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:01 pm

^ Works for me. :mickey: Although I did believe (or was led to) that there were two exits. One exiting from the two carousels on the left (of that vid) of the entrance, and one exiting from the two carousels on the right, on the right of the Falcon. Chris? Robb? Anybody else who's been on it? Thanks in advance.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:40 pm

^ Yeah, the exit path seems unnecessary for the carousels on the right. But I'm also not an engineer, so...
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:19 pm

^ I just remember seeing, that the 2 right carousels had exit pathways converging and leading to (our view) right of the Falcon. I don't think their pathways crossed under the loading queues, etc. Doesn't look normal to me. But hey - it's Disney so anything's possible, lol. :wink:

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby Evan-500 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:42 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:^ Works for me. :mickey: Although I did believe (or was led to) that there were two exits. One exiting from the two carousels on the left (of that vid) of the entrance, and one exiting from the two carousels on the right, on the right of the Falcon. Chris? Robb? Anybody else who's been on it? Thanks in advance.

All the exits do indeed connect to a large hallway and all funnel out the broken vent.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:55 pm

^ Cool. One way or the other, we'll find out for our self when we're there in September.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby coasterlvr » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:06 pm

so i read somewhere that there are special ada pods for smuggler's run. you know you've been in that one because the only way to exit is an elevator. i was in one on my very first ride. i honestly thought after my first ride, that was pretty lame, there wasn't much movement. hyperspace was super lame.

since then, i've been on a few more times, and i felt the ride had way more movement with more violent movements. does anyone happen to know if there is a toned down ride cycle for these supposed ada pods? is there even such a thing? we definitely had no way out but the elevator on my first ride. all others there was no elevator to be seen.

also, after about 5-6 years away from disneyland, i finally purchased a pass. i have to reset my expectations of what a dead disneyland park is. all i keep reading is how dead it's been. even on days i've been there. i'm scared to when people start saying it's busy what it's going to be like. LOL

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:46 pm

There's a lot of factors in play right now. Increased AP blackouts, CM sign-in's restricted to almost nothing, and what may have had the most effect was the reservation period itself. That seems to have allowed the locals to get in, get their fix, and not need to all descend on the park at the same time with that urge to be first in the new land.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:55 pm

This is exactly what Disney wants: clearing the parks of annual passes so people who are spending more money have a great experience.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!