NEWS: £2 billion theme park "The London Resort" announced!

P. 3: Paramount partnership reignited, park to open in 2024!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Re: London Paramount Resort to feature BBC IP

Postby KarlaKoaster » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:50 am

I think the artists' impressions we're seeing are deliberately vague but aspirational at the moment because I guess a lot of the details have yet to be hammered out in terms of IP. I think they're generally just to give a gist of how the land lies as opposed to actually showing any of the rides or themes in any detail.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby KarlaKoaster » Fri May 01, 2015 11:55 am

Here is a great article on SouthParks about some of the details from the fourth and final round of consultations including transport plans and what happens next: http://www.southparks.co.uk/2015/05/01/final-consultations-underway-for-london-paramount-entertainment-resort/

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby peptoabysmal » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:43 am

I think this project will never happen. Paramount discontinued their licence agreement with the resort's holding company:

RESORT PLANNING APPLICATION REMAINS ON TRACK FOR NOVEMBER 2017 AS PARAMOUNT AND LRCH DISCONTINUE LICENCE AGREEMENT

Today, London Resort Company Holdings Limited (“LRCH”) and Paramount Licensing Inc. (“Paramount”) have jointly agreed to discontinue the licence agreement for the proposed entertainment resort. This announcement does not have an effect on the timing of the planned Development Consent Order (DCO) submission for the resort in November 2017.

Humphrey Percy, CEO, LRCH, said:

“We want to express our sincere thanks to the many members of the Paramount team who have worked with us since we took over the Project in August 2013. This announcement does not have an effect on the timing of our planned Development Consent Order (DCO) submission in November 2017. We are working closely with the local authorities, landowners and local community, as well as our other stakeholders, and we very much look forward to showing our plans to the public as part of our final stage of consultation prior to submitting later this year.”

“We are creating a unique entertainment destination offering a scale and quality unprecedented in the UK where much loved characters and stories will be brought to life from iconic movies, television, books, electronic gaming and toys. Just 17 minutes from Central London, one of the most visited cities in the world and with an investment of £3.2 billion, the resort will be a global tourist destination.”

In line with the agreement between LRCH and Paramount, the terms are confidential.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Morgan » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:57 am

I can't help but think that this project is a bit doomed now, from what I remember they didn't have the easiest time getting investors on board, and now that the big name IP has backed out, I can't imagine it'll go down well with those putting up the money now that the resort has no clear focus.

I think the only way this development would really work would be if it is truly unique compared to the other parks in the UK, and the movie studio IP could've worked really well, as apart from a few kid specific IPs featured in the parks around the UK, there isn't anything else to compete with this aspect.

It may have a great central location to London, but I don't know if this would be a gift or a curse. Yes it would be very accessible to many people, but London already has a lot of tourist attractions specific to the city, so would all these tourist really use a day or two to visit a theme park while visiting London? The example of Hard Rock Park springs to mind, with it being close to the tourist trap of Myrtle Beach, but nobody visited because it's not what they go there for, it might be an extreme example, but I think there's potential for similarities.

It'll be interesting to see if they manage to secure any other IPs to bolster the project as they do still state "...characters and stories will be brought to life from iconic movies, television, books electronic gaming and toys.". I guess they still have the BBC agreement in place.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:25 am

In an interesting twist in this park's ongoing journey, The London Resort has reignited its partnership with Paramount for their intellectual property alongside BBC Studios' and ITV Studios' properties in the new park. The London Resort is now slated to open in 2024!

http://londonresort.info/news/paramount-pictures-and-the-london-resort-reignite-partnership/

65715990_2135610103204772_8711934624101564416_o.jpg

The London Resort, a global destination theme park, due to open in 2024, announced today that it has entered into a new partnership with Paramount Pictures. The studio joins BBC Studios and ITV Studios, contributing from among their outstanding range of Intellectual Property. The movie studio is home to some of the world’s most iconic films including The Godfather, The Italian Job, the Mission: Impossible franchise and, post-apocalyptic hit, A Quiet Place, and will be working with The London Resort to create a range of awe-inspiring experiences.

PY Gerbeau, newly appointed Chief Executive of London Resort Company Holdings (LRCH) said: “The new partnership with Paramount is fantastic news for everyone. Now the best of Hollywood will be joining the best of British from BBC Studios and ITV Studios, to create amazing and unique experiences for the whole family.

“I am delighted to join The London Resort and to play my part in helping to create a world-class destination to rival all others. Central to that strategy is to partner with the best brands from across TV, film, music and entertainment. Having Paramount on board is a major step towards realising that ambition.”

Kevin Suh, President of Themed Entertainment and Consumer Products for Paramount Pictures said: “The London Resort represents a truly global resort opportunity and we’re delighted to be playing our part in bringing iconic movies to life in truly immersive experiences and rides. We’re also delighted, as the most iconic studio in Hollywood, to be sharing our unparalleled catalogue of instantly recognisable films and characters.”

The London Resort has pursued a strategy of working with individual partners to create a range of world leading experiences – all under one roof. The new deal will see Paramount join BBC Studios and ITV Studios, which has licensed its kids brands, in being part of one of the most visited tourist attractions in Europe.

The London Resort is set over 535 acres – the equivalent of 136 Wembley Stadiums. Three times larger than other UK parks, it will have 200 acres dedicated to rides and experiences and a bespoke entertainment district devoted to a full-suite of hospitality experiences including the provision of thousands of hotel rooms.

Millions of pounds have already been invested in The London Resort which will be one of the largest construction projects across Europe. Situated just 17 minutes from London, on the Swanscombe Peninsula, Kent, the resort will create thousands of jobs and once open will be a major regional contributor to the UK economy.

Renowned international entrepreneur and leisure industry executive PY Gerbeau joined The London Resort as Chief Executive in June 2019. He brings a vast wealth of experience from across the tourism, retail, sport, entertainment and real estate industries, including roles as co-founder and CEO of the largest and best performing leisure investment vehicle, X-Leisure, He also successfully turned around the fortunes of both Euro Disney and the Millennium Dome.
65504752_2141835029248946_7429254658469658624_n.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Site Admin

Re: NEWS: £2 billion theme park "The London Resort" announce

Postby SharkTums » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:39 am

What will happen in the theme park community if both the Meadowlands project and this open within a few years of each other!??! =)

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby ObeyTheShihTzu! » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:49 pm

SharkTums wrote:What will happen in the theme park community if both the Meadowlands project and this open within a few years of each other!??! =)

Theme Park Review will have a nervous breakdown trying to keep up with all the action :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: But what a way to go!! :lol:

Alice

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Mike240SX » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:56 pm

Unlike the American Dream, this actually has a chance at staying open past a year, if it does ever open.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 134
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby RaceBoarder » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:18 pm

SharkTums wrote:What will happen in the theme park community if both the Meadowlands project and this open within a few years of each other!??! =)

There will be nightly shuttle service between the parks :lmao:

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:01 am

Someone will finally invent teleportation between the two spots. Easy!
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!