TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

Just booked our flights to Germany!! I can't believe I am finally going to get to experience this amazing park. I have literally only dreamed of visiting this park... I can't believe it's actually going to happen now!!!

Congrats! Phantasialand lives up to the hype and then some!! It's truly amazing! Ride Mystery Castle multiple times--the ride cycle changes!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I managed to get us up to two days instead of one!!! and... does the park not have any type of line skip program? Going to be there in the middle of summer... and we all know I can’t stand waiting in lines.

What are wait times usually likes at the park in the summer?

^, ^^

you have to remember that you are not able to use the front line of Black Mamba if you use the QP. I'm not sure about the other coasters.

When are you going? If you have two days during the week (and maybe outside of the local holidays) you're fine without QP.

Perhaps we can meet up, if you like?!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

sorry for this double post but there was a lot going on today at the construction site.

we just have one last trackpiece thet is missing. just this single gap at the overbanked turn after the first launch.

4.thumb.jpeg.6deb28baec52c3627492d40758642cf6.jpeg

Also something new was build in front of the soundbarrier. it looks like a box with screens on each side to show maybe a new trailer or something else together with some new banner and Rookburgh signs. So far nothing new in terms of informations on this Banner.

5.thumb.jpeg.1908f1dce64382a1c2cee3df036dd668.jpeg

The Box and the new Advertisement

6.thumb.jpeg.f1bb93e5806ee4d64a024b39fe3b7e06.jpeg

7.thumb.jpeg.4bbe5bb7bc135d6f123ba98b030b5174.jpeg

The two "screens"

Again thanks to PhantabulöserSebi on Phantafriends for all this informations and Pictures

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally recovering from our Germany trip. . . And omg.... OMG!!! Phantasialand is such an amazing park. Words literally can not describe how amazing this park is. And Taron?!? Holy crap!

I’m beyond jealous of anyone who has this park as a home park!!! (Full Photo TR coming soon!)

CP is my home park and I also just visited Phantasialand a few weeks ago... Taron is better. Maverick is fun, but Taron is just better in almost every way for me. No contest.

I'd give up Maverick and Steel Vengeance in a trade, if I could

Wife has agreed to a Europe trip next year. Can't wait for Taron. Those are bold words. I like it.

I admittedly didn't have any real expectation for Taron. Like, I knew it would be great fun and such reading reviews, but didn't really let the hype build up or anything in my mind.

Watching POV's I always just thought "It looks fun!" but the POV's never did the ride justice. By the time we hit the brake run after our first ride I was literally speechless. I personally think aside from front for visuals, the back is where it's at on this one. The airtime and out of control sensations are amplified for sure. In a nutshell, it's just a kick ass ride.

Enjoy your trip next year. Just got back from our first trip to Germany/Netherlands and we are already planning on going back. Phantasialand is incredible, we look forward to going there next time once the new area and coaster open up. It will really make the park feel more complete in terms of size/attractions.I hope you are also going to other parks in the area too, I assume?

We are looking at probably 10-14 days. My brother lives in London so we'll visit him and hit Alton/Thorpe/Blackpool if possible, then hit Netherlands, Germany, Poland, etc.

Still trying to narrow down the parks and figure out time needed each place. I've been looking through old TRs here, previous planning threads, and watching youtube vlogs on the parks.

Seems a bit daunting to put this together but I think whatever we end up doing will be a blast.

The way you described Taron is pretty much my Maverick experience. I heard it was good, didn't watch any POV really, and then was blown away by how fun it was.

^ Any comparison to Maverick, by chance?

Taron blows Maverick out of the water. Like, obviously Maverick is amazing.... But Taron just takes it to an entirely new level. The amount the track is twisted and crosses over its self so many times... Half the time you literally have no idea what’s coming next. I’ll agree with others POV’s do NOT do this ride justice. I went into it thinking “Coaster looks awesome, I’m sure it will be a decent ride.” But daumn!!!! I had no idea I would be as blown away as I was.

I have to chime in to toss my vote to team Maverick. Taron's visuals are amazing and the second launch is as good as Maverick's launch, but it doesn't have the intensity, airtime, or diverse layout of Maverick.

Taron is still a great ride, but I'll take Maverick.

Finally recovering from our Germany trip. . . And omg.... OMG!!! Phantasialand is such an amazing park. Words literally can not describe how amazing this park is. And Taron?!? Holy crap!

I’m beyond jealous of anyone who has this park as a home park!!! (Full Photo TR coming soon!)

I was amazed at Europa Park's level of theming in the queues of many of their rides last week. The Thor hammer in Wodan, very nice. Can't wait to contrast it with Phatasialand on Sun and Efteling in Tues.

I have to chime in to toss my vote to team Maverick. Taron's visuals are amazing and the second launch is as good as Maverick's launch, but it doesn't have the intensity, airtime, or diverse layout of Maverick.

Taron is still a great ride, but I'll take Maverick.

Agreed! Although the ride's length and launches were great (as good as an LSM can get), I thought the ride a bit lacking in airtime, and found most turns (except for 3 or 4) not that intense. Still amazing ride and extremely well themed, visuals etc... However, it's just not quite there on intensity when compared to Maverick (or even Ispeed). The restraints are amazing though, intamin's second best after their T-Bar.