TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

Wow, that looks awesome. I'm going to have to dig deep to put aside my hatred of the Steelers for this. It may sound silly, but I think TurnOfTheCentury is right, I think this ride is sort of being overlooked for 2019, but might turn out to be the best.

Looking good! It's nice to have that first test run in the books, and Steelers Country looks like it's developing swiftly now. A solid clickety-clack scores points in my book, and it seems/sounds like a quiet, smooth ride. I'm really looking forward to this now!

For those of you who work there, and know what's going on, is there any chance Sky Rocket will be operating by mid-August? I'm planning to bring my kids out for their first visit on my Birthday around that time, and am really hoping all the coasters are open so they can get the full KW experience!

For those of you who work there, and know what's going on, is there any chance Sky Rocket will be operating by mid-August? I'm planning to bring my kids out for their first visit on my Birthday around that time, and am really hoping all the coasters are open so they can get the full KW experience!

Lake Compounce's Phobia has been closed all this year. Since they're owned by the same company as Kennywood, it could be related. Rumor has it, it's the wheels.

Lake Compounce's Phobia has been closed all this year. Since they're owned by the same company as Kennywood, it could be related. Rumor has it, it's the wheels.

That sounds odd...wheels are swapped all the time, just standard maintenance. It's hard to think of a problem with wheels keeping the rides down for months, unless it's a safety issue with them...but the same rides at other parks are running without issue.

That sounds odd...wheels are swapped all the time, just standard maintenance. It's hard to think of a problem with wheels keeping the rides down for months, unless it's a safety issue with them...but the same rides at other parks are running without issue.

I've heard it's the coating on the wheels. The original date I heard for the coaster being back up was right before the 4th of July so we'll see if that happens.