Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1996 - Jersey Devil Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby hoppedup » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:34 pm

prozach626 wrote:I kind of want the tourist 'I've been there' experience that I missed out on when we went to Nashville and found out we had to wait 2-3 hours for Hot Chicken.

Looking for some pro tips.

So you went to Hattie B's or Prince's? Go to Bolton's or Pepperfire in East Nashville. Both are as good as any other hot chicken in town and you won't have to wait very long.

I had a turkey leg somewhere in the park last year. It was good. And a salad from somewhere else.We have the dining plan so we try to make sure we make use of it.

Not a SFGAdv pro here, but Superman and Green Lantern were one and done for me. Probably would not ride either again if I went back. I highly recommend Safari Adventure and we normally only do coasters. We were there on an overcast Wednesday in August and the park was pretty dead.YMMV, but from what I read before our trip, crowds are hard to predict at this park.
Parks: 21 | Coasters: 142 | Wood: 39 | Steel: 102 | Fiberglass: 1

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Rayj » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:24 pm

I’m going to great adventure in late July during a weekend. Any tips?

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:59 pm

Rayj wrote:I’m going to great adventure in late July during a weekend. Any tips?

Get a cheesesteak at Johns Roast Pork.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:33 pm

boldikus wrote:
Rayj wrote:I’m going to great adventure in late July during a weekend. Any tips?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

In all seriousness, Rayj, you'll have to provide more detail as to what you like / don't like and what your musts are. Without that, some standards:

- Get Flash Pass
- El Toro in the morning (same goes with Kingda Ka if it's running)
- Safari right after riding El Toro
- If you're interested in Green Lantern, just punch yourself in the head a few times and walk away. Same experience without wasting time in line.
- Earn the "Coasterbill Trifecta" Badge by riding Sky Ride, Log Flume, and Skull Mountain (but only in the back row)
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:02 pm

^ I used to hate Green Lantern, but I found a way to enjoy it (as well as any B&M stand-up). Bend your knees and pull the OSTR down so it is firmly on the top of your shoulders. The goal is to get your head above the OSTR so you don't get headbanging. Plus the bike seat should be well below your crotch in this position.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Cinecitta World & Rainbow MagicLand

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Rayj » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:48 pm

michaellynn4 wrote:
boldikus wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

In all seriousness, Rayj, you'll have to provide more detail as to what you like / don't like and what your musts are. Without that, some standards:

- Get Flash Pass
- El Toro in the morning (same goes with Kingda Ka if it's running)
- Safari right after riding El Toro
- If you're interested in Green Lantern, just punch yourself in the head a few times and walk away. Same experience without wasting time in line.
- Earn the "Coasterbill Trifecta" Badge by riding Sky Ride, Log Flume, and Skull Mountain (but only in the back row)

I won’t be getting a fast pass, but I will be staying all day Saturday and half a day on Sunday. I’m looking forward to doing the major coasters and Wonder Woman. I will do KK first and el toro second. Is superman even worth it? Lol.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:50 pm

You won't be getting a Flash Pass. On a Saturday. In late July.

Cool. Have fun.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:52 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:You won't be getting a Flash Pass. On a Saturday. In late July.

Cool. Have fun.

My thoughts exactly.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Mike240SX » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:10 pm

Rayj wrote:I won’t be getting a fast pass, but I will be staying all day Saturday and half a day on Sunday. I’m looking forward to doing the major coasters and Wonder Woman. I will do KK first and el toro second. Is superman even worth it? Lol.

Yeah, bigger LOL to not getting the Flash Pass. Have fun getting on like 4-5 rides all day.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 134
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:05 am

I mean, its going to depend on weather but I just don't understand how anyone is willing to travel to park other than their local and NOT budget for a fast pass. Its just insane to me. Especially a weekend, in the middle of the summer season. A couple extra dollars will make the difference between spending hours in line or riding a ton of rides. A gold flash pass will cost you like... $75? If you put aside $20 a week until your trip you'll be able to have a much better time. Just saying.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!