Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1444 - Hagrid's Motorbike Review!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby Garet » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:26 pm

Shut It Down wrote:Honestly after reading a lot of these reviews from this site, if Robb gave it an amazing review every person on here would be loving it. Since he didn’t almost everyone is hating on it. He is one opinion!!!! We love his reviews but doesn’t mean you have to agree with him!!! For god sakes have an opinion! You don’t have to agree with him 100% of the time, its ok I promise you will be ok if you don’t agree every time

This isn’t even remotely true though. There’s plenty of times there have been people who disagree with him on this site. You’ve got in the extreme corner your home park defenders who get upset if he just says a ride is very good than the best thing ever such as Baron at Efteling or Taron as another example. Or a more milder example is I think Robb really loved Steel Vengeance whereas some people said it was good but too much for them.

I think the fact he’s posting on a site full of theme park enthusiasts with the same taste and experiences means the majority will come to the same conclusion and in this case yea, most non Harry Potter fans say that it’s a fun ride but no substitute for Dragons

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:14 am

The newest house for Halloween Horror Nights has been announced!

https://orlando.halloweenhorrornights.com/site/hhn/details/announcements?__source=ag.TWITTER&linkId=69452708

From the evil geniuses (they paid me to say that) who brought you Attack of the Swamp Yeti in last year’s grindhouse-themed Slaughter Sinema house comes a frightening new take on the fear-inducing folklore of the wild Yeti. But beware, because this experience will trade B-movie scares for bloodthirsty terror that will send you running in the opposite direction. The snows will be red with blood in the Yeti: Terror of the Yukon haunted house coming to Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights this year.

Story
Deep in the remote tundra of the Yukon, loggers and trappers seek refuge from the frigid grip of an arctic blizzard. But out in the darkness, a terror lurks far more dangerous than the deluge of snow and ice. These unfortunate souls have intruded into a territory that is haunted by their worst nightmares. Enter a logging camp that’s been torn apart, floors caked with snow, bones and gore. Right outside, screams are frozen on the faces of those who fled the towering monsters only to succumb to the elements. But there is no escape from beasts as brutal as the winter.

The Yetis
Just when you thought the only thing to fear was the elements, an icy terror will descend over you. Cringe at the trail of blood leading to caves none have lived to see. As you enter the labyrinth of caves, you’ll hear the screaming echoes of those who couldn’t escape the inevitable. If you survive long enough to see the end, you’re likely to find the remains of those who came before you and meet their same demise. You’re in Yeti territory now. They’re stone cold vicious and will stop at nothing for a taste of blood. If the cold doesn’t get you, they will.
18-37466_skiing_PR_featured_1440x900-900x563.jpg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:53 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Zero One » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:32 am

I hope they have a room where the Yeti doesn't move and is only lit with a strobe.
Orlando Theme Park Photographer | Twitter: @cchard | Instagram: @cchardav | Flickr

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:00 pm

^ Nice one. :wink:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:03 pm

Zero One wrote:I hope they have a room where the Yeti doesn't move and is only lit with a strobe.

The irony of the idea of Universal making fun of Disney for the Yeti is that Universal themselves just made some of the exact same thematic mistakes on Hagrid's as Disney did on Everest! :lmao: :lol:

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby dreynolds1982 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:44 am

robbalvey wrote:
Zero One wrote:I hope they have a room where the Yeti doesn't move and is only lit with a strobe.

The irony of the idea of Universal making fun of Disney for the Yeti is that Universal themselves just made some of the exact same thematic mistakes on Hagrid's as Disney did on Everest! :lmao: :lol:

Bird on a Stick > Fire Farting Skrewt on a Stick IMO.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Hoppy » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:53 am

dreynolds1982 wrote:Bird on a Stick > Fire Farting Skrewt on a Stick IMO.

You could have 1000 Birds on a Stick for the cost of one Fire Farting Skrewt on a Stick :lmao:
Roller Coasters, Fireworks, and Kobe Beef, oh my!

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:10 am

Curious to see if they replicate this haunt at Hollywood. It'd be a slap in the face of Knott's since their winter-themed haunt failed so miserably.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:58 am

Shut It Down wrote:Honestly after reading a lot of these reviews from this site, if Robb gave it an amazing review every person on here would be loving it. Since he didn’t almost everyone is hating on it. He is one opinion!!!! We love his reviews but doesn’t mean you have to agree with him!!! For god sakes have an opinion! You don’t have to agree with him 100% of the time, its ok I promise you will be ok if you don’t agree every time

What the FUCK is your problem??? Here's a review for you: I can't stand you. There. Now maybe everyone else on the site will hate you, too... :roll:

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby dreynolds1982 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:30 am

Hoppy wrote:
dreynolds1982 wrote:Bird on a Stick > Fire Farting Skrewt on a Stick IMO.

You could have 1000 Birds on a Stick for the cost of one Fire Farting Skrewt on a Stick :lmao:

:nina:
Favorite Parks: Carowinds (Home Park), BGW, Any Disney Park, IOA, Family Kingdom (Myrtle Beach Classic!)
Favorite Steel (no order): Apollo's Chariot, Fury 325, Hulk, Mind Bender (SFOG), Space Mt (DL), Afterburn (Carowinds), Volcano
Favorite Wood (no order): Georgia Cyclone, Thunder Road (Carowinds...RIP), Swamp Fox (Family Kingdom), Woodstock Express (Carowinds...no seriously it's awesome), Thunderhead

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!