TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

At the park today and the Legend has been down apparently for three days, really hoping they get it back up and running before we leave as I don't know when I'll be back.

Uh oh. I was just at the park for Holiwood Nights and really enjoyed Legend. I'm going back to the park on Tuesday with a friend who will be there for his first time. Losing Legend isn't a huge deal for me but really hoping it is open for my friend.

Update for anyone wondering: Legend is back open. Only running one train but at least it's open.

As I said in my previous post it was my friend's first time at the park. The look on his face when Voyage hit the brake run was priceless. Completely awe struck. Needless to say Voyage has a new fan.

Aside from that, the park was very empty due to a less than stellar forecast but the weather held out for the most part aside from a pretty strong storm that came through in the afternoon. Plenty of rides to be had and another amazing day at my favorite amusement park is in the books.

So I just got finished my first ever visit to Holiday World and all I’m going to say is I have a new number one woody in Voyage. Thunderbird was also really good. I didn’t really care for the other two woodies though but for what’s its worth I liked the Raven more than the Legend. I almost got the last ride of the night on Voyage but had to settle for the second to last train instead. Still that night ride in the front row in the pitch black was amazing. This park is already on my list of parks I want to return to.

^ I absoutly agree with this. I couldn’t believe how much the Voyage was hauling. In fact I found it to be hauling more after the MCBR. It’s too bad I can’t say the same about the Legend though. Now it’s not that I didn’t like Legend cause I did it was just the triple helix that killed the ride for me. In fact I actually liked Thunder Run more than the Legend.

I prob liked Legend more than Raven. I really like the bell they ring as they send the train. Wife was beat up after a day of riding those woodies. (Edit: From the coasters...)

Edited by tndank

Holiday World rocks. That one train hour on Voyage was annoying but they made up for it. Got the 4 last trains of the night without having to get up. Voyage is amazing!

We got lucky while waiting in the line the Voyage thre first time cause the second was added. Of course for our second ride a train had to be removed because someone threw up on it. What I didn’t get about that though is why they moved the train to the lift hill to clean it rather than moving it to the transfer track immediately (which they ended up doing) to clean it. So what row were in by the way? Did you happen to noticed someone waiting for the front row at the end of the night wearing a CP shirt? If so that was me and it was the second to last train of the day. I would of gotten on the last train of the day had the group in front of stayed in line.

Why didn't you hop back to another row? I was actually supposed to sit in the seat where the kid threw up. He was directly in front of me.

I had a CP shirt on as well. Once they got it running again they just let us ride the last trains without getting off.

I can't imagine hurling on Voyage at night during that crazy ride.

Also, I discussed the same thing with a couple next to me. Why not just move the vomit train off immediately and run the last half hour with just 1? Instead it looked like they wasted 15 minutes goofing around.

No worries though. Had a great day. I'll be back. And I really hope to make 'Nights next year.

The reason we dn’t re-ride was because my friend and I decided a front row ride was best way to end the day. Had I been alone I probably would if reroad easily.Oh I’ll be returning to HW again also but that will be for the water park also.

I can understand that reasoning. Makes sense.

We did the water park for a couple hours. First water park in prob 25 years. We enjoyed it. We did Wildebeast, Mammoth, and the big cone/funnel looking thing. They were all pretty neat. I doubt I'd ever do more than a couple hours at a water park but I did enjoy doing something different for awhile. The magnetic lifts are fun.

I prob liked Legend more than Raven. I really like the bell they ring as they send the train. Wife was beat up after a day of riding those woodies. (Edit: From the coasters...)

I love the wolf howl too as you're getting ready to drop, I can never help myself either because I automatically howl too without thinking about it.

The Voyage was awesome. My daughter did not agree. After The Legend, I'm surprised I talked her into Thunder Run. The Legend is for masochists. The Voyage was closed soon after we rode it Friday. Not sure if it ever reopened or not.

I’ll be at Holiday World on Monday, July 8th for my first ever visit to the park. Have a few quick questions...

1) How busy should I expect the park to be?

2) Is Splashin’ Safari worth going to? I’m not really a waterpark person but I’ve read some good things about HW’s waterpark so I might have to consider visiting.

3) Any interesting or underrated flat rides I should check out?

^

1.) The park shouldn't be too terribly busy, however they're entering the peak of the season as far as crowds are concerned.

2.) I honestly think it's sacrilegious to go to HW and not go to the waterpark. You should at least go and ride Wildebeest and Mammoth. They're not only the 2 best water rides on the planet, they're two of the best rides anywhere.

3.) Liberty Launch has got some good pops of air and don't miss Gobbler's Getaway!

I’ll be at Holiday World on Monday, July 8th for my first ever visit to the park. Have a few quick questions...

1) How busy should I expect the park to be?

2) Is Splashin’ Safari worth going to? I’m not really a waterpark person but I’ve read some good things about HW’s waterpark so I might have to consider visiting.

3) Any interesting or underrated flat rides I should check out?

The above post has most things covered. I also recommend Frightful Falls. It's a good flume.

For food, I recommend the Plymouth Rock Cafe. The turkey is delicious.

Lastly it's worth noting they can close the lines off for the coasters early.