Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 1050: 2020 park and water park additions announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby Honorarius » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:53 am

The festivals dont draw much because the food isnt that good, and they only do them on weekends... I fell for it once, I'm not going to Wonderland on a summer Saturday just so I can overpay for bad food...

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Stealth1 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:02 am

There is lots Wonderland does great but at the same time for a park that's in the same chain as Cedar Point, food wise and advertising wise they could do a lot better. I look at how Cedar Point does festivals and how well run they are. The food is also a lot better overall at Cedar Point.

As far as advertising, Wonderland does a poor job of letting people know that the platinum pass exists. I have had more then once a worker at the front gate look at my pass weird as of they have never seen it before.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby cloudeleven » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:31 am

Are there any rules of thumb for if to buy a Fast Pass or just a normal ticket on a weekday in June with school still in session? Like if the parking lot is more than half full, buy a Fast Pass? Or maybe if a bunch of buses in parking lot buy a Fast Pass? I'm gonna be there about 5 hours approx. 2-7 PM and would like to ride:

Preferably at least 2 rides:
Yukon Striker
Leviathan
Behemoth
Vortex

At least 1 ride:
Sledge Hammer
Soaring Timbers
Skyhawk
Shockwave
Backlot Stunt Coaster
Knight Mares
maybe Klockwerks
maybe Spinovator

I won't be stopping to eat or anything, just riding. I'll eat before I go.

Also how accurate is the ride wait time in the app?

Can you buy a Fast Pass after you are already in the park and see lines and decide you want one?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:02 pm

If you go with a Fast Lane Plus, you'll be able to walk onto all the B&Ms and get a ton of rides. I'd recommend that you fire up the park app when you reach the park and see what the wait times look like. If the park looks slammed, go with a FastLane.

Yukon Striker will probably have the longest queue, but it does have a single rider line.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Bobbejaanland & Efteling

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby BlahBlahson » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:09 pm

Based on my experience last week that itinerary is like barely almost doable but most likely just outside of reach without FLP.

Wait times on June 11th were about 25 for Leviathan, 35 for Yukon, 20ish for Behemoth and 15 for Vortex before the park started clearing out around 5 PM (and the B&Ms still had some wait until close). All of those flats had a multi-cycle wait to ride. Single rider for Yukon was still like 15 minutes. So just the coasters you want to do could take up to like 4 hours. But it's also hard to justify buying FLP as mostly it's just switching rides and walking between attractions that make it not doable. Can you stay like 1 more hour because that would make it possible, the later you can stay the less lines there will be.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby anonymouscactus » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:53 pm

Lines were pretty short today, we were in the right places at the right time. I'm glad I didn't use my FL+ that I bought over the winter sale. Wonder Mountain Guardian was a joke, though. The 3d screens were not calibrated at all, one train had *two* seats working on the entire train, and every single train had at LEAST 2 seats out of commission so the line was loooonnggg. None of the cameras work. Sound not how it should be. Etc etc. It's a shame because when everything works it's great. I think Six Flags does a better job with Justice League's when it comes to maintenance 1000%

Leviathan was a 10 min wait for us, vortex was 5 min, stunt coaster was 5 min, behemoth was walk on, Yukon was about 15 min. Skyhawk was walk-on.

Weather was great. Ate at the mess Hall near Yukon Striker, got Manchurian chicken and noodles. Chicken was good, noodles... not so much.

Had a nice quick visit.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby thirstydeer » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:28 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:If you go with a Fast Lane Plus, you'll be able to walk onto all the B&Ms and get a ton of rides. I'd recommend that you fire up the park app when you reach the park and see what the wait times look like. If the park looks slammed, go with a FastLane.

Yukon Striker will probably have the longest queue, but it does have a single rider line.

I have personally found the park app to be completely useless and inaccurate when it came to wait times... and it only gave wait times for a relatively small portion of the rides.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:40 pm

The only bummer I found with the app is that it doesn't list the wait time of Guardian.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Bobbejaanland & Efteling

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Married a Canadian » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:36 am

Will be interested to hear if the park is busy today.

The estimates for downtown at present are around 2 million!!!....and they ain't going anywhere soon.
Top Rides:
1 X2 2 Tatsu 3 Twisted Timbers 4 Apollo's Chariot 5 Skyrush 6 Maverick 7 Iron Rattler 8 Leviathan (front row) 9 Phantom's Revenge 10 Millennium Force 11 Manta 12 Saw The ride 13 Mako

Postby prozach626 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:58 pm

cloudeleven wrote:Are there any rules of thumb for if to buy a Fast Pass or just a normal ticket on a weekday in June with school still in session?

If I have any question if it will be worth it or not I wait until noon to make the call. Hit the big rides around that time to get the best perspective. If I find wait times more than 15 or so minutes I go for it. The park will usually only get more crowded at that point. I'm personally a pretty big fan of using FL+ when most others wouldn't want to. When waits are relatively short, as in 15-20 minutes or so, that makes everything walk-on, which I feel is a great experience. Even if I can save 10 minutes per ride on average it's still worth it. It adds up to a lot of time saved not being wedged between potentially obnoxious people.

At CP last Monday a rain storm cleared out the normal CP crowds. We went back to the park at about 2pm and saw Raptor had a 20 minute wait. We bought FL plus even though rides like Maverick were only 20 minutes long. It made everything walk-on. We probably saved the most time with Dragster, as per usual, by avoiding what looked like a 45 minute to an hour wait. Again, we walked right into the station.

It's like having the park to yourself. It's not worth it to a lot of people, but that's the experience we go for. It gives us plenty of time to do our own thing. We like to just kind of drift around, relax, enjoy the park, and of course..... ride whatever the hell we want whenever the hell we want to do it!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!