TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Trip planning question, how much time is necessary for a visit to Kentucky Kingdom? I’m planning a Holiday World-Kentucky Kingdom-Kings Island Trip for next month and wondering if Kentucky Kingdom is a park I should plan to spend a full day at or if I can ride all the coasters & best flats in a few hours and then head to Kings Island.

I went on a Saturday in June last year and finished in less than 3 hours (the water park was packed however).

Hearing rumors from my buddies at the park that Proslide was there the other day. Early rumblings around the park is that Deluge and Mt. Slide Hai will be going away to create room for a new Proslide water coaster. In addition, I'm hearing T3 will be running with one train the rest of the year as the other train became a parts train. On the plus side T3 has a very fast crew this year but they can only do so much when the ride takes 2-2:30 minutes to complete the cycle and the train can only hold 14 people. Hopefully they will get the second train back sometime later this summer as every time I've gone this summer it has been a full station wait or more at T3 which can easily be 30-40 minutes. Overall the park seems relatively busy this summer compared to last which is a good sign and the public LOVES Kentucky Flyer, the amount of happy kids and parents coming off that thing and going for re-rides is insane

Hearing rumors from my buddies at the park that Proslide was there the other day. Early rumblings around the park is that Deluge and Mt. Slide Hai will be going away to create room for a new Proslide water coaster. In addition, I'm hearing T3 will be running with one train the rest of the year as the other train became a parts train. On the plus side T3 has a very fast crew this year but they can only do so much when the ride takes 2-2:30 minutes to complete the cycle and the train can only hold 14 people. Hopefully they will get the second train back sometime later this summer as every time I've gone this summer it has been a full station wait or more at T3 which can easily be 30-40 minutes. Overall the park seems relatively busy this summer compared to last which is a good sign and the public LOVES Kentucky Flyer, the amount of happy kids and parents coming off that thing and going for re-rides is insane

Didn't two trains on T3 collide at one point last year? I wonder if that has something to do with it as well.

I did find it odd Deluge was closed when I was there a few weeks ago since I love that slide.

Didn't two trains on T3 collide at one point last year? I wonder if that has something to do with it as well.

I wouldn't think that would be a direct cause of single-train ops this season since, iirc, the coaster finished last season with two train ops.

I wouldn't think that would be a direct cause of single-train ops this season since, iirc, the coaster finished last season with two train ops.

Ok thanks. I know most on this site aren't the biggest fans of T3 and would love to see that ride ripped out, but it does always seem to have a wait and it could really benefit from a second operational train.

So my friend and I will be taking a trip to the park next weekend along with Holiday World. My friend actually wants to go both parks the same day despit the long drive we’re going to have. So I might as well ask what the crowds are going to like at KK on a Saturday. We’re coming from Chicago so the plan is to leave at 6 am next Saturday even though I tried I’m trying to convince him we should leave Friday afternoon since I’m off work and he only works until 10:30. As for HW we’re only going there to get some night rides on the coasters.

Kentucky Kingdom can definitely be done in a half day provided you do not want to do the water park.

If you can get there at a little before opening, go right to Lightning Run. Even on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend, they only ran one train on it. Usually the coaster has a half hour wait for me.

After that, I'd make a loop hitting Kentucky Flyer and T3 on the way to Storm Chaser. The latter usually doesn't have a line because of its location.

The water coasters at Holiday World are awesome. I do know that they tend to have the longest lines of anything at Holiday World; however, I have only ridden them during ERT or on a cold, rainy day. I've heard they can each be an hour, but they do have single rider lines.

The longest line I've had to wait in at Holiday World was a half hour for Voyage (front row) or Legend when it only ran one train. And two of my three visits have been on holiday weekends.

Kentucky Kingdom can definitely be done in a half day provided you do not want to do the water park.

If you can get there at a little before opening, go right to Lightning Run. Even on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend, they only ran one train on it. Usually the coaster has a half hour wait for me.

After that, I'd make a loop hitting Kentucky Flyer and T3 on the way to Storm Chaser. The latter usually doesn't have a line because of its location.

Thanks for the info man. As far as I know we’re aren’t going to the water park.

Looking forward to visiting KK tomorrow. We will spend the morning at Holiday World and afternoon/evening at KK. We only care about coasters. From what I've been reading we shouldn't have any problems getting multiple rides. We have no issue skipping T3 or riding it last if it's one of the more painful SLCs. I've only done the one at SFNE and apparently it is the best of the bunch.

And yes, we took advantage of the out-of state deal.

T3 is not that bad. You probably don't want to marathon it, but I think it gets bashed a bit more than it should. I've ridden it several times this year.

I know you said coasters only but man, Wildebeest at HW looks awesome. Can't wait to try it Saturday.

I'll be at KK Sunday morning, then hitting up Churchill Downs and betting on horses before returning back to Tennessee.

T3 is not that bad. You probably don't want to marathon it, but I think it gets bashed a bit more than it should. I've ridden it several times this year.

I know you said coasters only but man, Wildebeest at HW looks awesome. Can't wait to try it Saturday.

I'll be at KK Sunday morning, then hitting up Churchill Downs and betting on horses before returning back to Tennessee.

We'll save T3 for last then. It's funny that we used to have season passes to our local water park, Wet 'n' Wild Emerald Pointe, but have not visited the water parks at any of the 15 parks we've visited in the last two years that have them.

HW and KK are the appetizers. Kings Island will be the main course Saturday. Then Cedar Point will be dessert on Sunday.

So I just finished an amazing visit at the park. Got on all the coasters and rides I wanted to multiple times and even got front rides on Lightning Run and T3. I’m now heading for Holiday World to get some night rides on the coasters. No question I’ll be making a return trip KK again next. This was my third visit to the park overall.

Looking forward to visiting KK tomorrow. We will spend the morning at Holiday World and afternoon/evening at KK. We only care about coasters. From what I've been reading we shouldn't have any problems getting multiple rides. We have no issue skipping T3 or riding it last if it's one of the more painful SLCs. I've only done the one at SFNE and apparently it is the best of the bunch.

And yes, we took advantage of the out-of state deal.

Keep in mind that you’ll be losing an hour due to the time zone change going from Holiday World to Kentucky Kingdom! Also, a lot of the queue lines close at least 15 minutes before the posted park closing time in order to “empty out the line” by closing.

Have fun!!!