Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

P. 212 - Camp Snoopy Coming in 2020
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

Postby DavidB » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:19 pm

Jesus...all around

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Parker821 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:32 pm

fredoflasvegas wrote:Then there's Wolverine Wildcat. It only has one train. But why does the park only have ONE (1) person checking lapbars

Because staffing. The ride only requires one person to check restraints. There is a unload position, but is usually only staffed in the morning before breaks start.

DirkFunk wrote:I've not seen another Cedar Fair park let operators leave the booth while the ride was on to check lapbars by themselves, but at Michigan's Adventure, all things are apparently possible.

The program Cedar Fair uses called IRT, prohibits the operator from leaving their position....even if only one is checking restraints.

coasterbill wrote:Wolverine Wildcat is like a dystopian terrible Phoenix

Yep. And since they are retracking the double down, it prob wont be going anytime soon.

DirkFunk wrote:circle jerk in the station before they officially stack trains.

It's difficult to not stack timbers when guests have absolutely no idea how to unbuckle their seatbelt...also a couple more checking restraints would not hurt...staffing problems.

DirkFunk wrote:they'd need to invest in transfer track and another train

It's prob not worth their time or money to do that.
Last edited by Parker821 on Mon May 06, 2019 5:40 pm.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby RCjunkie » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:31 am

DirkFunk wrote:It isn't even just that the park isn't "good": it isn't even very interesting. It is only interesting to me in so much as it maximizes bad design aesthetic and unimaginative ride selection. It's less of a functioning fun park and more of a case study in how mediocre you can make a product in this industry and still draw a crowd when you have demographics and a lack of competition.

Spot on. If you have the right location and no competition it allows you to get away with this.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby grsupercity » Sat May 04, 2019 4:43 am

The parks app just updated and now has wait times.
Screenshot_20190504-073843.png
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Parker821 » Mon May 06, 2019 5:40 pm

grsupercity wrote:The parks app just updated and now has wait times.

Yep, wait times will be available on Shivering Timbers, Wolverine Wildcat, Loggers Run, Mad Mouse, Thunderhawk, and Grand Rapids.
2017 Ride Operator - Mad Mouse/Shivering Timbers
2018 Ride Operator - Shivering Timbers
2019 Team Lead - Thunderhawk

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby ThemeParkJunkie51290 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:39 am

About to make this drive over to Michigan's Adventure today! =) =) =) First time visit . . . so . . . wish me a great time today! ;) ;) ;)
ROLLER COASTERS FEAR ME BECAUSE I SHOW NO MERCY!

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby grsupercity » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:04 am

ThemeParkJunkie51290 wrote:About to make this drive over to Michigan's Adventure today! =) =) =) First time visit . . . so . . . wish me a great time today! ;) ;) ;)

How was your trip?

I finally made my first trip to MIA this past weekend. Timbers and Wildcat had lots of new wood. Timbers I thought ran the best it has since the early 2000's. It was butter smooth and was a buffet of airtime. Only thing was I noticed was a trim brake before the helix. I have never noticed a trim brake before so I may be new?

Now time for my yearly wrong prediction. I still think the park is getting a camp snoopy. Weather it be a redo of the area by Zach's Zoomer or a whole new kids area behind Wildcat. I could see a snoopy 500 whip ride, camp bus and some more usual camp snoopy rides. A nice playground for kids would be nice as well.
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby ThemeParkJunkie51290 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:00 pm

grsupercity wrote:
ThemeParkJunkie51290 wrote:About to make this drive over to Michigan's Adventure today! =) =) =) First time visit . . . so . . . wish me a great time today! ;) ;) ;)

How was your trip?

I finally made my first trip to MIA this past weekend. Timbers and Wildcat had lots of new wood. Timbers I thought ran the best it has since the early 2000's. It was butter smooth and was a buffet of airtime. Only thing was I noticed was a trim brake before the helix. I have never noticed a trim brake before so I may be new?

Now time for my yearly wrong prediction. I still think the park is getting a camp snoopy. Weather it be a redo of the area by Zach's Zoomer or a whole new kids area behind Wildcat. I could see a snoopy 500 whip ride, camp bus and some more usual camp snoopy rides. A nice playground for kids would be nice as well.

Everything was great! I really enjoyed myself and all the rides were walk-on during my visit. The staff were friendly, and the atmosphere of the park was fantastic! =) =) =)
ROLLER COASTERS FEAR ME BECAUSE I SHOW NO MERCY!

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby cparkes92 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:05 pm

If Michigan's Adventure were to get a coaster in the next few years, it will be one of these:
1. A relocation from another Cedar Fair park
2. RMC conversion of Wolverine Wildcat
3. Either an RMC Raptor or a Premier Sky Rocket II that would replace Corkscrew
Top 10 steel: Steel Vengeance, Millennium Force, Maverick, Mako, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, SheiKra, Montu
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Blue Streak (CP), Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby MIAfan88 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:45 am

2-4 parks normally receive a coaster each year. Kings Island and California's Great America appear to be all but confirmed. In the hunt are Kings Dominion and my dark horse Worlds of Fun. Maybe they will get one of Schlitterbahn Kansas City slides, although the selection seems small to pick from. More than likely a few lounge chairs and umbrellas.

Any noticeable changes for those who have visited this year?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!