TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Probably a novice question, but one I’ve completely forgotten to ask, does this park have bins at most rides (minus the three earlier mentioned coasters I believe) for bags and cups what not? I know it varies from park to park. Darien Lake for example is much better in my opinion when I have a bag to store all my things in, whereas Cedar Point for example is a no bag park for me because of how many rides are “put it in a locker or leave with a non rider”

They have holders for souvenir cups, though they’re frequently stolen from the holders.

Bags are not allowed in the queue for any major coaster. Cell phones and keys are not allowed in line for Joker, El Toro or Kingda Ka.

They have holders for souvenir cups, though they’re frequently stolen from the holders.

Bags are not allowed in the queue for any major coaster. Cell phones and keys are not allowed in line for Joker, El Toro or Kingda Ka.

Looks like its zippered pockets and lockers for me then!

One more question because I would hate to find out when we get there that I understood it wrong. Is the 50% off tickets for friends discount limited to one friend per visit? I feel like it has a limit of 4 but as I looked at it in member services it seems to refer to the discount in a singular fashion.

Honestly my hope is to get at least two of the three folks I'm bringing gold plus passes so that they arent always waiting for bring a friend days at our home park to go (plus fright fest, because they like that), but if I cant convince them to pay $7 a month, I'm sure they'd much rather pay $35 for a ticket over $70. Especially since we're going to be there for two days.

One more question because I would hate to find out when we get there that I understood it wrong. Is the 50% off tickets for friends discount limited to one friend per visit? I feel like it has a limit of 4 but as I looked at it in member services it seems to refer to the discount in a singular fashion.

Are you referring to the Diamond Elite 50% discount? Because if so, the Terms and Conditions say it's unlimited use and may be used every time you visit.

^ Indeed I am, but it also says "Why would you ever visit the park alone when you can bring your best friend for 50% off the adult general admission price EVERY time you visit?" and "Tell them you are a Diamond Elite Member and you have a friend with you who needs a ticket. They will sell you a regular, general admission ticket good for that day for 50% off the regular adult general admission price."

For me I'm reading into the emphasis on the singular "friend" and "ticket" - I was almost wondering if anyone had done it yet to know if it really is unlimited or if I'm correct in interpreting their language as "singular use per visit, but you can use it every visit"

^ Indeed I am, but it also says "Why would you ever visit the park alone when you can bring your best friend for 50% off the adult general admission price EVERY time you visit?" and "Tell them you are a Diamond Elite Member and you have a friend with you who needs a ticket. They will sell you a regular, general admission ticket good for that day for 50% off the regular adult general admission price."

For me I'm reading into the emphasis on the singular "friend" and "ticket" - I was almost wondering if anyone had done it yet to know if it really is unlimited or if I'm correct in interpreting their language as "singular use per visit, but you can use it every visit"

That part is irrelevant, a cross between advertising and instructions. The Terms and Conditions are what's important. They say unlimited use, every visit. If you go on the desktop site, you can pre-purchase the discounted day tickets there, no need to even go to the booth. Once you get one in the cart, you can modify it to the amount you need.

^ You mention being able to buy discounted tickets online but upon checking most all of the ticket page, the accesso pop up and the membership portal I see no reference to that at all. Do you have a link or helpful tip to get to that area of the website?

^ You mention being able to buy discounted tickets online but upon checking most all of the ticket page, the accesso pop up and the membership portal I see no reference to that at all. Do you have a link or helpful tip to get to that area of the website?

It's on the Member Services Online page - https://mypass.sixflags.com/displaybenefits.aspx

Once you login here, it's under the Current & Future Benefits. Sort it so that it only brings up "Admissions" and to show those that are "Valid Today", "Within 2 Wks" and "After 2 Weeks" and it should list the discounted gate tickets belowall the BAFF coupons, using the same green icon as the BAFF coupons on the left, "50% Off Tickets for Friends" in the middle and the "Buy Online" link on the right.

Current rumor in the FB Conn is that Wonder Woman is making her delayed opening this weekend, member and passholder previews tomorrow and Saturday with a soft public opening 5 pm Saturday afternoon.

As this a rumor, I take no credit/blame.

Per GA Online:

Wonder Woman is OPENING this weekend!!

Friday (TOMORROW!)

- Member Preview 10:30 am - 2:00 pm

- Member & Season Pass Preview 2:00 pm - 9:00 pm

Saturday

- Member Preview 10:30 am - 2:00 pm

- Member & Season Pass Preview 2:00 - 5:00 pm

- Public Soft Opening 5:00 pm

Current rumor in the FB Conn is that Wonder Woman is making her delayed opening this weekend, member and passholder previews tomorrow and Saturday with a soft public opening 5 pm Saturday afternoon.

As this a rumor, I take no credit/blame.

I would love to go Saturday to ride. Weather looks great.

Just have to convince the gf

Just got off Wonder Woman twice in a row. So freakin’ good. Amazing addition. The speed is unreal and the airtime even better.

Pro tip: Sit on the side closest to Nitro (if you can) you’ll be at the top of the full swings and you maximize floatage.

B113D5CE-E0F5-416A-8BD1-F9623CAD5B7C.thumb.jpeg.e3fbb8675df1e65cc11356db2f0aabcf.jpeg

Edited by B&MIntaminGCI

Anyone have any insight into how restrictive the restraints on these Giant Discoveries are? I've been doing well since switching to keto a couple weeks ago, down nearly 20lbs and exercising regularly, but I'm still weary that I need to lose more before I'll fit. I know there's a test seat, but I'm trying to save the hour trip both ways if I know I'll probably need to drop additional weight before I get close.

For context: at current weight, I can fit on Nitro, B&M big boy seats, Hershey Drop Towers, etc. Can't fit on non-big-boy seats, Cyborg, El Toro.

Edited by michaellynn4

Got another 3 rides in without moving. My favorite seat is the one that faces the leg closest to Batman, every ride I was at the tippy top of the full swings.

Wonder Woman: 5x

Nitro: 1x

El Toro: 1x

Skyway: 1x

Now time to head back to Staten Island and go to work.

D524B45B-1815-46DD-BA85-16865DBBEBB9.thumb.jpeg.9e98f6c93befeb2522d604becfd1c441.jpeg

Does this one just release everyone into the ride in a giant free-for-all like New England's?

I really liked how the one at Over Texas gave you an assigned number so you were guaranteed to ride with your group.

Anyone have any insight into how restrictive the restraints on these Giant Discoveries are? I've been doing well since switching to keto a couple weeks ago, down nearly 20lbs and exercising regularly, but I'm still weary that I need to lose more before I'll fit. I know there's a test seat, but I'm trying to save the hour trip both ways if I know I'll probably need to drop additional weight before I get close.

For context: at current weight, I can fit on Nitro, B&M big boy seats, Hershey Drop Towers, etc. Can't fit on non-big-boy seats, Cyborg, El Toro.

Current reports are that the seats are accommodating to girthier guests as they have a hard plastic over-the-shoulder restraint with a click belt that has a bit of length on it. However, it should be noted that taller guests (six footers and above, I believe) find the hard plastic restraints uncomfortable.