SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 628: Ice Breaker launched coaster for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Nothing beats Cali coasters

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby chickenbowl » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:52 pm

A.J. wrote:Respectfully, is anyone even completely certain that it's from Premier Rides? Apart from that really rough concept image I don't see anything that corroborates that...

It wouldn't be a bad thing, but I'm surprised people are so certain about it (even if it does eventually end up being correct).

The public blueprints include a station layout with air gates included. The setup of the air gates is three sets of three rows, indicating a train accommodation of 3-cars, 3 rows each. The closest manufacturer to fit this bill is Premier

Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Hakugei|Skyrush
Lightning Rod|T Express|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby bgtlover » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:53 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:With the new coaster at SeaWorld and RMC Gwazi both coming in 2020 (I'm just assuming RMC Gwazi is a 2020 attraction) it might be time to renew my SeaWorld/BGT combo pass.

Be mindful that you'll need to get the 4-park option (after selecting a pass level) as they no longer sell the SWO/BGT only combo any longer. The only way you could keep that combo is if you have had it on EZpay before Oct 2018 and keep it as is (passes paid using EZPay don't expire unless you cancel or upgrade).

RMC Gwazi is a 2020 project.
Coaster Count: 130
Top 10:

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:49 am

chickenbowl wrote:The public blueprints include a station layout with air gates included. The setup of the air gates is three sets of three rows, indicating a train accommodation of 3-cars, 3 rows each. The closest manufacturer to fit this bill is Premier

That's what I was looking for, thank you very much!

bgtlover wrote:
Hilltopper39 wrote:With the new coaster at SeaWorld and RMC Gwazi both coming in 2020 (I'm just assuming RMC Gwazi is a 2020 attraction) it might be time to renew my SeaWorld/BGT combo pass.

Be mindful that you'll need to get the 4-park option (after selecting a pass level) as they no longer sell the SWO/BGT only combo any longer. The only way you could keep that combo is if you have had it on EZpay before Oct 2018 and keep it as is (passes paid using EZPay don't expire unless you cancel or upgrade).

The cost is about the same (at least right now) for the four-park Silver pass as it was for the previous setup's two-park pass, or about $240-ish. Being a local and not caring about preferred parking, the Silver pass is the one I'll be getting when I renew here in a few months.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:27 am

chickenbowl wrote:The public blueprints include a station layout with air gates included. The setup of the air gates is three sets of three rows, indicating a train accommodation of 3-cars, 3 rows each. The closest manufacturer to fit this bill is Premier

Good catch. Nice to know this will have a long(ish) train for good back row rides, if everything else (vertical spike, top hat) is true. Also... yay comfort collars?

Too Slow For Comfort

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:40 am

A.J. wrote:

That's what I was looking for, thank you very much!

bgtlover wrote:

The cost is about the same (at least right now) for the four-park Silver pass as it was for the previous setup's two-park pass, or about $240-ish. Being a local and not caring about preferred parking, the Silver pass is the one I'll be getting when I renew here in a few months.

But the best perk that they offer out of any pass is the Platinum re-rides. This is good for the entire length of the pass and they can't deny you. They apply to almost all of the major coasters. You wait your turn in line. And you get two free laps for the price of one. The best part is the confused and angry GP when you refuse to get up and the ride ops have to enforce your re-ride.

Postby boldikus » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:34 am

So the best part of a thrill ride that you get to ride twice is rubbing it in the faces of the people who have to wait more time because of you?

Welp, misery loves company.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:44 am

Forgive me for playing the good guy here, but I'm honestly not sure I'd be comfortable with that, especially if it meant separating a group. I've never been the kind of person to flaunt their passholder status (unlike those silly people that actually wear their Six Flags Diamond Elite Member lanyards).
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby pǝʇɹǝʌuı » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:52 am

boldikus wrote:Good catch. Nice to know this will have a long(ish) train for good back row rides, if everything else (vertical spike, top hat) is true. Also... yay comfort collars?

Oh please no...

Ok, I can buy into this speculation now. Ironically I think I even saw the plans before, I either just didn't remember or never associated them with SWO for some reason.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:58 am

I hope it has comfort collars. I like to watch the world burn.

Postby boldikus » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:00 am

They don't bother me on the ride at all. Those Premier trains are already such a bitch to get in and out of and when you add those things in the whole loading/unloading becomes a goddamn comedy sketch. But given SW's track record with the recent Premier installations, I think its a guarantee this one will have them too.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!