SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 628: Ice Breaker launched coaster for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby DBJ » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:00 am

Premier does have some interesting variations on the Skyrush concept. Looks like Wild Artic may get bit more wild.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Superbatboy » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:27 am

I have no guesses, can't wait to see what it is though
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby pǝʇɹǝʌuı » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:02 pm

boldikus wrote:Guys, guys, guys. Once again, site plans leaked months ago. Its a coaster. I'm not linking to the leak but a quick google will enlighten you.

My "quick google" yielded nothing reliable. The only thing I can trust is from a powerpoint SeaWorld made about their future plans that shows a generic picture of a launch coaster that looks to be from premier with all stats "TBD." Everything else was enthusiast speculation.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby mikeykaise » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:39 am

Game of Thrones, Winter is Coming the Ride!!!!

Postby Philrad71 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:36 pm

Irregardless of manufacturer or coaster type, I'm sure it'll be awesome!

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby SteVeUrkle » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:49 pm

pǝʇɹǝʌuı wrote:
boldikus wrote:Guys, guys, guys. Once again, site plans leaked months ago. Its a coaster. I'm not linking to the leak but a quick google will enlighten you.

My "quick google" yielded nothing reliable. The only thing I can trust is from a powerpoint SeaWorld made about their future plans that shows a generic picture of a launch coaster that looks to be from premier with all stats "TBD." Everything else was enthusiast speculation.

My "quick google" definitely brings up the layout boldikus is talking about. It's the 5th image I see.

You may think it's just enthusiast speculation, but it was referenced by blueprint documents found filed at the city, it is a breakdown of the layout based off footer/height specs. It's going to be a multi-launcher, starting precisely as that Star Trek coaster does, with a transfer and reverse spike. Then it's going through a bunch of maneuvers including a top hat element similar to Storm Runner at Hershey, albeit taller. I can't remember exactly the manufacturer, but my gut from what I remember is Intamin.

Which as far as I'm concerned, as long as it's not a B&M I think we will all be pleasently surprised. Way too many watered down B&M in the states, I want to start seeing more Intamins and Macks. I really think this installation at SWO is going to be set apart from a lot of the other rides in the park, perhaps the most popular in the park.
Live Cedar Point Queue Times: https://queue-times.com/parks/50/queue_times

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby bgtlover » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:03 pm

It's a Premier Rides multi-launcher. Slide track after the station...reverse spike....3-4 launches (depending on if it launches forward or backwards first)....top hat....and then finishes the course. It will run between Shamu Stadium, behind Mango Joe's & over to Bayside Stadium and over by the education pavilions before making it's way back to the station. The queue will be built in the current outdoor seating area of Mango Joe's with the entrance to the right of Mango Joe's (as if headed to the bridge). A new outdoor seating area will be built on the other side of the restaurant, which will also be re-branded.
Coaster Count: 130
Top 10:

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:43 am

Respectfully, is anyone even completely certain that it's from Premier Rides? Apart from that really rough concept image I don't see anything that corroborates that...

It wouldn't be a bad thing, but I'm surprised people are so certain about it (even if it does eventually end up being correct).
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Postby Hilltopper39 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:31 am

With the new coaster at SeaWorld and RMC Gwazi both coming in 2020 (I'm just assuming RMC Gwazi is a 2020 attraction) it might be time to renew my SeaWorld/BGT combo pass.

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:02 pm

A.J. wrote:Respectfully, is anyone even completely certain that it's from Premier Rides? Apart from that really rough concept image I don't see anything that corroborates that...

It wouldn't be a bad thing, but I'm surprised people are so certain about it (even if it does eventually end up being correct).

I was wondering the same thing. I wouldn't mind at all if it were made by Premier, but why did we rule out Intamin? Wasn't that the original manufacturer listed somewhere when it was leaked?

Either way, a multi-launcher / shuttle coaster will be a nice addition to SWO. I am still in shock that each major SeaWorld / Busch park is getting a major coaster in 2020.
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!