TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I think its also worth noting that any height requirement, both min. and max. are with shoes included. Which if theyre typical tennis shoes can add at least an inch up to an inch and a half. That still wouldnt make him 77 inches (6' 5") , but closer to it...

With that having said im 6' 4" with shoes on and have not, in any form, experienced "crushing iniuries" from this ride

In short, sounds like all that happened is he got stapled. And when you fly at 128 mph . Of course its going to tighten. Now whether or not this was actually responsible for the "cascade of medical catastrophe" following, I am not one to say, but it sounds as if a preexisting condition might be a factor

My coworker was asking me if I heard about the back doctor that got hurt at Six Flags since they knew I was going off to ride roller coasters again this weekend. Just goes to show how it's being misreported.

Misreported or misread/misremembered?

I saw that come up on my Google News, because Google knows me in a scary way. The intersection of theme parks and people being stupid is kinda my jam.

Yeah, I mean I don't know that the ride didn't cause the back problems, but I am as much of an expert on back injuries as this guy is. I'd say the probability is that this falls under the warning not to ride if you have back problems.

^ It's a no tolerance policy. They have an employee at the entrance who asks if your pockets are empty, so it's done on the honor system. And without fail I always see someone angrily kicked out of line for trying to get around it.

If you're spending the day just get an all day movable locker. Super easy to use and only $8.

Also, why do people still try to circumvent the locker word filter? Its the best.

Sorta impromptu pop over to the park tonight. Was there from 7-9 and it was dead. As we approached from the lot it was a stream of hundreds and hundreds of similarly-dressed school kids all leaving. We were cackling like maniacs at such a delightful sight. Made time for a beverage @ Ale House, a two train wait for row 1 on The Bull and then musical-chair'd a lap on row 17 (how can a wood coaster be this old and still perfectly smooth), stopped for some of Flags' World Famous Fingers & Fries (f*ckin yum) and washed it all down with a free water, followed by a row 9 lap on Nitro (haulin and ballin), then finished up with a row 1 and then row 8 lap on Batman. Fantastic! Gorgeous weather, all rides running in top summer form. Crews were great. Nice little end-of-week stress buster.

1.thumb.JPG.d88ae5eebff7691dc8dbab4cb1136d45.JPG

2.thumb.JPG.08a02b2427b98337d5f87725660290e0.JPG

3.thumb.JPG.82109efa0e61c4f8d877bc38a9e496d7.JPG

4.thumb.JPG.63dfb82a88c96cc813ec2447e40be382.JPG

5.thumb.jpg.9c89a6ad36dfc3e10ebab273fda78d1b.jpg

6.thumb.JPG.c9e1c5b9d591287abb1023aca88789ad.JPG

7.thumb.JPG.868ebd5fb42f439c0743fcae208d49c1.JPG

Dark Knight coaster is a hidden gem I always look forward too. Yes, it is JUST a wild mouse, but I was pleasantly surprised at the level and quality of theming put in to this (and last, I rode it 2017 - most of the effects appeared to still be working).

And never do I skip Houdini. Never.

Is it sad that the main reason I get excited to visit Great Adventure is for Zumanjaro...?

No, because its awesome.

I love that I can go there for two hours and not even think about or care about or even really look in the direction of the worlds tallest coaster/drop ride and still have an amazing evening. Not saying I don't like them, just that we're beyond spoiled.

My only regret about last night is not riding Bizarro.

It was pretty light crowd-wise during the day yesterday as well. Even with all the school kids, my longest wait was about 25 mins for the flume. Coaster wise, the longest wait I had was for Batman, surprisingly.

Was at the park tonight. Was a bit weary because it was Saturday and a nice day, but the park wasn't that bad at all. There's nothing really more I have to add besides the fact that Nitro was running extremely smooth. Dare I say, smoother than I remember in recent years, it was also HAULING as well. I was getting FLUNG out (Row 9, right seat) of my seat on the airtime hills.

Wonder Woman was testing all day and night. It is absolutely HUMONGOUS in person. Pictures do not do it justice. It's also eerily silent too.

Enjoy these two photos I snapped

veZxGEr.jpg

uOm5GeG.jpg

Wonder Woman looks to be very similar to Riddler at SFoT, which I got to ride last weekend. Awesome ride. Every park should have one of these giant frisbees. I normally get queasy on spinning rides, but those don't bother me at all. Just pure fun.