Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

P. 928 - Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Media Preview!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri May 31, 2019 12:00 pm

^ Okay, that's cool. I was wondering how they'd figure the logistics out, direction wise, for boarding etc. And I didn't watch the video of the queue, because...well.... I just wanted some 'not knowing' what happens, etc. :wink:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Fri May 31, 2019 12:03 pm

COASTER FREAK 11 wrote:This land is so amazing! I can't wait to go back on June 1st!!

Nrthwnd wrote:^ I would love to see an overhead shot (magically seen through the roof), of the maze of hallways and holding areas they've created, to make you think you're eventually boarding the Falcon in front. :smile:

You actually don't board the Falcon while it's sitting in front. During the pre-show, Hando is talking to Chewbacca, and you see the Falcon fly in and land behind Hando. So, when you board the Falcon, it has moved to a different loading area. Which is where you board the ship.

And you get there from a hallway themed to a jetway. No detail left untouched!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby mikeykaise » Fri May 31, 2019 1:00 pm

If you don't want the magic ruined don't click the link below... I'm in IT so the techy stuff is catches my attention but just thought I'd share this... it's pretty cool and pretty efficient:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/bem0od/smugglers_run_how_the_loadunload_works/

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri May 31, 2019 1:04 pm

^ Ooooooo very tempting. :smile: But I'll hold back, until after we've visited DLR in September.

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Fri May 31, 2019 2:01 pm

Haha, it's an interesting thing; that's how I thought it would work too. But, after riding it 3 times in a row, I know that what that Reddit thread shows you is actually incorrect!

Remember, there is only ONE Falcon with ONE cockpit. And if that layout were correct, you'd be able to see separate groups going to different areas of the ship, yet all going to the ONE cockpit? That doesn't make sense, right? One ship, with ONE cockpit. The trick they play is a good one, and it tricks you to believe that there is only ONE. I am not going to detail it, but it's a simple yet effective way to maintain the story.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri May 31, 2019 2:04 pm

^ Thank you for no spoilers. :kiss: By the way.... how were your three rides, Chris?

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby DBJ » Fri May 31, 2019 2:09 pm

Thanks for the excellent coverage! Love all the videos. Can't get in until after reservation period. Just pulled up the app, Smugglers Run has 30 min line. Looks like reservation system worked really well for that ride.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri May 31, 2019 2:24 pm

By the way, and this is just me, for my first ride on this attraction, I would like to be at the back, and On Automatic, so I can just enjoy the ride, and see how the other five are freeking out in front of me, LOL! That said, I would honestly love to ride it with everything On Automatic, just to see and feel how it runs itself, without us banging on buttons, etc. :wink:

p.s. I will play the part of the character who doubts his own engineering abilities,
and doesn't quite trust this crew (and their abilities) for this "mission." <smiles>
Last edited by Nrthwnd on Fri May 31, 2019 2:31 pm.

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Fri May 31, 2019 2:31 pm

When you board, you are instructed to enable your console by hitting buttons. I would guess that if you simply don't enable your console, then you are not required to participate in managing the ship.

I will say that my favorite seat if the right pilot seat. Because that seat gets to engage the Hyperdrive!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri May 31, 2019 2:32 pm

^ Cool on the preferred seat! :mickey:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!