TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

I was next on the ride when it closed down for the day on April 21st. Assuming that was the day it closed down for good... but I'm not a local so I couldn't say for sure.

The weird part was that they were able to cycle a train around the track empty to get the people in the brake run into the station without an Evac. So it didn't seem like something major with the mechanics of the ride itself at the time. But the fact that they called a closure in the middle of the day that it wouldn't reopen, and it's been down for weeks, clearly that's not the case (unless it's a construction thing for the new area being so close? Someone mentioned that it could be the reason why as well). There wasn't any commotion or ambulance's or anything so nobody got ejected as much as I always think I'm going to... so yeah.

Edited by anonymouscactus

We were told that they are waiting for a part from Intamin and it would be back up as soon as it is safe to do so. Hopefully that will be soon as I finally got my hubby to actually commit to riding it (his first time).

Skyrush has been down for weeks and we're worried about the reopening date of Merry Dip Fun Slides and a Boomerang...

what a world.

Only one word can describe such craziness: So crazy, it's Candymonium!

has that happened before?

The joke is that broken / worn-out cables on Intamin rides knock them out for the season. I know it's actually happened to Top Thrill Dragster and Xcelerator several times.

I don't remember who said it or where I read it, but someone mentioned a rumor (?) that Skyrush may be closed due to the new construction happening right next to it, and that its sudden Sunday closure was merely a coincidence.

Skyrush being closed is certainly disappointing news. I'm making my first visit to Hersheypark since 1984 next week and was hoping to ride it. I think the only coasters back then were The Comet, Superdooperlooper, Trailblazer, and maybe a portable Wild Mouse type coaster.

At least this new Reese's Cupfusion is supposed to open this weekend

Are the Wildcat and Lightning Racer rough woodies? If so, my wife probably won't ride them. Thanks.

Are the Wildcat and Lightning Racer rough woodies? If so, my wife probably won't ride them. Thanks.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again (and i REFUSED to ride it when last there. . I sat on bench while my masochist group I was with rode), re: Wildcat

like a car with square wheels going down a road full of potholes.

no thank you.

(Lightning Racer on the other hand? wonderful)

IMG_5180.thumb.JPG.2198dd58b89150f2c6dbe21c42de33f8.JPG

IMG_5181.thumb.JPG.3ad45686fddc5b3e8462a95bad3f8264.JPG

has that happened before?

The joke is that broken / worn-out cables on Intamin rides knock them out for the season. I know it's actually happened to Top Thrill Dragster and Xcelerator several times.

I don't remember who said it or where I read it, but someone mentioned a rumor (?) that Skyrush may be closed due to the new construction happening right next to it, and that its sudden Sunday closure was merely a coincidence.

I think that was me, just a questions I asked in the FB Group, since there wasn't any signage or info about the closure and new footers looked to be so close to SkyRush. A local guest to the park cleared up that it is a part that the park is waiting for.

In any case, there's still a lot to do at the park. You can easily spend all day on Great Bear, Storm Runner and Fehrenheit. Wildcat is a li'l rough and Lightning Racer has become noticeably rougher, but definitely not to the same extent as Wildcat. Comet and Super Duper Looper are always a blast. The log flume drop has this little, not sure how to describe it, "launch" bump at the bottom that's super fun. I think we popped a wheelie lol

I've said it before, and I'll say it again (and i REFUSED to ride it when last there. . I sat on bench while my masochist group I was with rode), re: Wildcat

like a car with square wheels going down a road full of potholes.

no thank you.

(Lightning Racer on the other hand? wonderful)

Idk, ever since they started using the millennium flyer trains Wildcat is NOWHERE near as bad as it used to be.

Wildcat isn't bad for me, but I know I have a higher than average tolerance, like I can ride Boss multiple times and I thought Mean Streak was just fine. If you're sensitive, probably stay away. Comet is much better and Lightning Racer is just amazing. Definitely ride those two.