Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 968 - Hallowscream to return this year
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
You're going to need a bigger Donkey

Re: Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Postby Diamondbacker27 » Wed May 15, 2019 10:58 am

I do feel like Kentucky Flyer is getting more attention than any other attraction they've opened has. That might just be me though..
Wood-22
Steel- 84
Total- 106

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ratdogg68 » Sun May 19, 2019 7:33 am

Had me a zen ride, backseat, on Kentucky Flyer yesterday. Love that coaster, it packs a punch for it's size.
60716229_10157131465379323_7607016830795776000_o.jpg
Kentucky Flyer
Let the Riding begin

Beer for the here, hiccup!

Postby Bubba83 » Tue May 21, 2019 1:55 am

Hi - I'm looking to visit Kentucky Kingdom for the first time and I'm wondering if anyone can give me an idea about what the crowds are like during Kentucky Fair Saturdays - what kind of wait times would I expect on the better coasters? Do you think Labor Day weekend would be less busy?

Trying to figure out how to schedule my trip to hit some of the parks around these parts later this year. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You're going to need a bigger Donkey

Postby Diamondbacker27 » Tue May 21, 2019 5:11 am

Bubba83 wrote:Hi - I'm looking to visit Kentucky Kingdom for the first time and I'm wondering if anyone can give me an idea about what the crowds are like during Kentucky Fair Saturdays - what kind of wait times would I expect on the better coasters? Do you think Labor Day weekend would be less busy?

Trying to figure out how to schedule my trip to hit some of the parks around these parts later this year. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Labor Day was pretty busy last season, fair is kind of a hit or miss. During the fair, you'll have to pay $10 to park, parking is a huge hassle, and the park typically offers some special admission deal to reel in crowds. Even when it is busy, the waits are typically no more than 30 minutes per coaster.
Wood-22
Steel- 84
Total- 106

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby mikeykaise » Tue May 21, 2019 7:00 am

During State Fair you'll have to pay for parking and admission to the State Fair as well as a separate admission to KK.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Tue May 21, 2019 9:00 am

Bubba83 wrote:Hi - I'm looking to visit Kentucky Kingdom for the first time and I'm wondering if anyone can give me an idea about what the crowds are like during Kentucky Fair Saturdays - what kind of wait times would I expect on the better coasters? Do you think Labor Day weekend would be less busy?

Might as well go this weekend, since you won't have anymore hockey to watch this season after tonight.
Let's Go Blues!

:)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue May 21, 2019 10:50 am

The State Fair is really fun, their craft beer & whisky tent last year was awesome. Looked like it was a hit too, so I'd imagine they'd bring it back. The Fair has some pretty good rides that Kentucky Kingdom doesn't have, like 1001 Nachts. Also some mildly racist children's coasters that you can skip.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby AndrewA86 » Tue May 21, 2019 11:12 pm

I went 2 years ago on a KY state fair Saturday and KK was completely dead. Every coaster and flat ride was a walk on. I also went to Holiday World the next day and that place was just as dead. So if you haven't been there I would highly suggest it as it's not too far from Louisville.

Beer for the here, hiccup!

Postby Bubba83 » Wed May 22, 2019 8:44 pm

Thanks for the info, I think it sounds like we should try to go on a Saturday during KY fair instead of Labor Day. Might be interesting to check out the Fair too.

Yes, we are planning to go to Holiday World (I've been there before but my wife hasn't, but I haven't ridden Thunderbird). We're really looking forward to it! :D

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby bluestreak » Wed May 22, 2019 9:42 pm

Bubba83 wrote:Thanks for the info, I think it sounds like we should try to go on a Saturday during KY fair instead of Labor Day. Might be interesting to check out the Fair too.

Yes, we are planning to go to Holiday World (I've been there before but my wife hasn't, but I haven't ridden Thunderbird). We're really looking forward to it! :D

Sidenote, I am a Sharks fan as well... ugh.
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!