TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Am I the only one that thinks the new coaster looks boring? It looks like a cookie cutter B&M hyper, like nitro without the helix. Is this thing going to bring anything new to the table? In this age of parks building new coasters that all kind of do something new and cool (RMC, S&S, GCI, etc), this latest B&M seems pretty underwhelming no? Especially after knocking it out of the park with Fury 325?

Looks boring based on what? What there a layout/rendering released by the park that I missed? Or are we really saying a coaster is boring based on a leaked blueprint? Co-sign what everyone said about Mako. That ride is freaking awesome.

i've ridden mako, meh. that first turn is cool but then its just a bunch of floater airtime hills like every b&m hyper. i know for some people the ultimate coaster would be 20 identical airtime hills in a row but i guess that doesn't do it for me.

i've ridden mako, meh. that first turn is cool but then its just a bunch of floater airtime hills like every b&m hyper. i know for some people the ultimate coaster would be 20 identical airtime hills in a row but i guess that doesn't do it for me.

Mako is the exact opposite of "meh", and I've ridden it probably ten or fifteen times in the past year alone. I have a big smile on my face every time I get off.

There's something to be said about a coaster as a visual magnet, and a big photogenic B&M certainly fits the bill for Hersheypark's new grand entrance area. What would you rather have had Hersheypark build?

Mako is the exact opposite of "meh", and I've ridden it probably ten or fifteen times in the past year alone. I have a big smile on my face every time I get off.

There's something to be said about a coaster as a visual magnet, and a big photogenic B&M certainly fits the bill for Hersheypark's new grand entrance area. What would you rather have had Hersheypark build?

i much preferred manta, and montu at bgt. like i said many times now, i understand why hershey is building this coaster, it makes perfect sense for a family park, it will look good, it's not too intense for anyone, and has huge capacity.. i'm just surprised you guys are excited about this thing. to each his own

But speaking of capacity, I wonder why it is that whilst reverting back to 4-per row seating on B&M hyper trains (after the Behemoth, Diamondback, Intimidator, Shambhala staggered seating trend), its now just 7 rows, instead of 9 on the 1999-07 hypers, or 8 like the two gigas (so far).

i much preferred manta, and montu at bgt. like i said many times now, i understand why hershey is building this coaster, it makes perfect sense for a family park, it will look good, it's not too intense for anyone, and has huge capacity.. i'm just surprised you guys are excited about this thing. to each his own

Hersheypark already has a B&M invert. A flyer would have been probably the best option, but I think a B&M hyper is something to really look forward to.

Hersheypark already has a B&M invert. A flyer would have been probably the best option, but I think a B&M hyper is something to really look forward to.

but i don't understand why enthusiasts are excited about it?

. i'm just surprised you guys are excited about this thing.

B&M Hypers are great. They're huge. They're fast. They're fun. Almost everyone enjoys them. Most of us tend to take this hobby less seriously or aren't interest exclusively in extreme thrills.

A lot of us appreciate the park providing such a large scale coaster and support HP because of it, which makes us appear like we're not spoiled bitches.

i actually expected a dive coaster, they seem to be the "in" thing

but i don't understand why enthusiasts are excited about it?

. i'm just surprised you guys are excited about this thing.

B&M Hypers are great. They're huge. They're fast. They're fun. Almost everyone enjoys them. Most of us tend to take this hobby less seriously or aren't interest exclusively in extreme thrills.

A lot of us appreciate the park providing such a large scale coaster and support HP because of it, which makes us appear like we're not spoiled bitches.

lol i'm a spoiled bitch because i'm not excited about a hyper, my god you'd think you guys designed the thing you're taking this very seriously and very personally. how truly bizarre, perhaps it's time to step away from the keyboard

lol i'm a spoiled bitch because i'm not excited about a hyper, my god you'd think you guys designed the thing you're taking this very seriously and very personally. how truly bizarre, perhaps it's time to step away from the keyboard

I think the person who needs to step away from keyboard is you. Step away, go wipe that obnoxious and rude attitude away that nobody here needs, and then come back again.

And if you can't do that, just don't come back again.

Understood? Good.

I didn’t realize this was a community where everyone must like the same things, no one can have a different opinion, no one can be disappointed by a ride. What is this a cult? How insecure are you people that it literally angers you that someone doesn’t share your opinion on something, that you need that validation or you’ll have a bad day and start personally insulting the person over it?

I haven’t been rude, all I’ve done is expressed a personal opinion that is completely reasonable.. and I’m being called a bitch and told to leave. Seriously get some help boys, that’s really fucked up. Man, what sad lives you lead.

... no one can be disappointed by a ride. What is this a cult? How insecure are you people that it literally angers you that someone doesn’t share your opinion on something, that you need that validation or you’ll have a bad day and start personally insulting the person over it?

I think most people here just believe you should actually ride a ride before judging it. Forming an opinion on something that hasn't even had an official POV released is kinda silly.

The one thing this community is trying to do in my opinion is break the mentality of entitled enthusiasts who think parks owe them something. That parks owe us constant record breaking intense crazy rides. That anything less will suck and be boring and terrible. We are the minority of any given parks clientele and parks don't owe us anything.

I think this community is trying to just get people to go to parks and have FUN and enjoy every ride for what it is and not what "it should've been."

Edited by WolfBobs

I didn’t realize this was a community where everyone must like the same things, no one can have a different opinion, no one can be disappointed by a ride. What is this a cult?

I mean, much like you're surprised about the forum's excitement over Hersheypark's upcoming coaster, we're surprised that you think the 78th best roller coaster in the world (Mako, according to our poll this year) is boring. And for the record, there are plenty of coasters with pretty much nothing but airtime hills that are ranked even better than Mako, such as Phoenix (#20), Balder (#30), and Shambhala (#42), to name a few.

... no one can be disappointed by a ride. What is this a cult? How insecure are you people that it literally angers you that someone doesn’t share your opinion on something, that you need that validation or you’ll have a bad day and start personally insulting the person over it?

I think most people here just believe you should actually ride a ride before judging it. Forming an opinion on something that hasn't even had an official POV released is kinda silly.

The one thing this community is trying to do in my opinion is break the mentality of entitled enthusiasts who think parks owe them something. That parks owe us constant record breaking intense crazy rides. That anything less will suck and be boring and terrible. We are the minority of any given parks clientele and parks don't owe us anything.

I think this community is trying to just get people to go to parks and have FUN and enjoy every ride for what it is and not what "it should've been."

How am I acting entitled? I don't care what Hershey builds, I've never been there, it's not a local park for me, I'm not complaining about it, I've even said it makes perfect sense for them to build this coaster.. all I said is it doesn't look that exciting to ME so I'm willing to go before it opens and that I was surprised that enthusiasts were so excited about it since it seems to bring nothing new to the table.

If you're older than 13, the appropriate response is not "well you're a bitch and you should leave this forum!!!".

I didn’t realize this was a community where everyone must like the same things, no one can have a different opinion, no one can be disappointed by a ride. What is this a cult?

I mean, much like you're surprised about the forum's excitement over Hersheypark's upcoming coaster, we're surprised that you think the 78th best roller coaster in the world (Mako, according to our poll this year) is boring. And for the record, there are plenty of coasters with pretty much nothing but airtime hills that are ranked even better than Mako, such as Phoenix (#20), Balder (#30), and Shambhala (#42), to name a few.

Not everyone gets a hard on for floater air. Some people like floater, some people like ejector, some people like neither and prefer positive g's, some people love inversions and find coasters without inversions boring, some people like woodies and don't like steel coasters. Some of us also don't care about mindlessly accumulating credits (WHAT?!??)

It's ok for people to have different opinions and not love the things you love, there's no need for this silly gatekeeping..

*blinks a few times*

What did I just walk into?

Listen, if you don't like B&M hypers, that's on you. If you only want the most intense of the intense, then great, Skyrush is gonna be a few hundred steps away from it. As far as "bringing anything new to the table"? Hersheypark is way out there in the middle of cow country. It doesn't need to compete with other coasters that other parks may have. What it does need to do is fill a role that their park is currently missing, which is that of a rerideable crowd eater airtime machine. It's gonna fit that role perfectly. But yeah, if you're not a fan of B&M hypers for whatever reason, I can get how you'd find it boring, even before setting foot on it for the first time. Even before a footer's been poured. But I think most enthusiasts can wait to pass judgment on a coaster until after it's built and open to the public...

...wait, what am I saying? Not in this day and age. Everyone's gotta have their "this might be a controversial opinion BUT" hot take at the ready as soon as anything gets leaked. Forget I said anything.

How am I acting entitled? I don't care what Hershey builds, I've never been there, it's not a local park for me, I'm not complaining about it, I've even said it makes perfect sense for them to build this coaster.. all I said is it doesn't look that exciting to ME so I'm willing to go before it opens and that I was surprised that enthusiasts were so excited about it since it seems to bring nothing new to the table.

If you're older than 13, the appropriate response is not "well you're a bitch and you should leave this forum!!!".

giphy.gif

What is this a cult?

Yes. We meet at sundown after the first full moon at the bar at Disney Springs.

that's the regular cult

the SECRET cult meets under the Tiki Room (password is "Iago")

What is this a cult?

Yes. We meet at sundown after the first full moon at the bar at Disney Springs.

that's the regular cult

the SECRET cult meets under the Tiki Room (password is "Iago")

But the SECRET SECRET cult meets inside Space Mountain for a relaxing schvitz on the 5th Wednesday of every month.

Let's change the subject and talk about a few rides inside the park that have yet opened up. could we please?

I know Resse's Cupfusion won't open until May 25, but there are two rides that have yet to reopen: The Sidewinder and The Merry Derry Dip Fun Slides. Could anyone, that is going this coming weekend to the park, report whether or not these two rides have opened up? Whoever does will get my heartfelt thanks.