TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Question for the locals: Anything happening on May 30/31 that would cause these days to be busy?

I'm looking at https://queue-times.com/parks/58/calendar. I have no idea how they come up with their estimates. And I'm fully prepared to buy FL+. I'm just curious.

I have no idea how they come up with their estimates either. From being a constant park-goer, Canada's Wonderland should not be busy on the Thursday as it will still only be mostly school groups that will be there. They typically leave around 4pm or earlier after doing their musical performances or physics day activities. Considering the park closes at 6pm on May 30th, you could possibly have the chance to re-ride some of the larger coasters during that 2 hour period. As for Friday, May 31st, it may be a tad busier, but not busy as in a late July through August visit as the park is only scheduled to be open until 8pm that night.

Also, weather is another factor to consider as many people (for some odd reason) do not enjoy visiting on slightly rainy days. I hope this gives you some insight on how busy it will probably be visiting on those dates.

^ Agreed. I also like Queue Times to see the historical data (particularly which rides get the longest queues).

But I don't trust their crowd calendars one bit. I've seen a random weekday listed as busy but a holiday weekend listed as light.

I did notice more pins for sale this year, and an increase in merch variety in general. Coffee mugs/shot glasses/keychains/magnets/pins all have more selection than they did last year... It's not as good as the selection at some of the other park sin the chain, but it's still an improvement, as in some of those categories the merch has been non existent in the last few years... Also, t-shirt selection got better last year, and is only getting better... Couple years ago, shirts came with 1 of 3 subjects, Canadas Wonderland, Behemoth, Leviathan. Now I've seen shirts for Skyhawk, Lumberjack, Soaring Timbers, Flight Deck, Minebuster, Dragon Fyre, the Bat and Timberwolf Falls...

It never understood that when per capita spending is mentioned on every quarterly conference call, why the selection has been so poor... Nice to see a change...

I don't suppose you remember what pins you saw. Yukon Striker or other rides?

In what shop did you see them?

I believe they were in True North Gifts... There was Yukon Striker and some other coasters. Selection wasnt huge but they stood out as something new. If no one posts a photo by my next trip I'll try to remember to take my phone in and grab a pic or two.

I believe they were in True North Gifts... There was Yukon Striker and some other coasters. Selection wasnt huge but they stood out as something new. If no one posts a photo by my next trip I'll try to remember to take my phone in and grab a pic or two.

Thanks Honorarius. I am a HUGE pin collector. One day I will get around to posting me and my brother's Canada's Wonderland pin collection here.

So with some quick planning, I'll be making my first visit to Wonderland since 2015, and I'm AMP'D to ride Yukon Striker!!!

Will be going on Thursday the 16th, getting there right around the time the park opens.

Looking at Wonderland's site, they have Admission + Fast Lane Plus deal for $99.

My question to those that are there often, for a day like next Thursday.. (prior to long weekend, but school is still IN), is it worth it? Or should I just get the $50 reg admission and chance it?

I looked at the park stats site that was linked earlier in this thread, and it's 'predicting' a quiet day, but curious for the responses of people who go more often.

Thanks!

DJ

I'd say it's likely to not be that busy... Plus, you never know how the weather will be... If it's anything like this Thursday, it was overcast and the park was so empty they were allowing re-rides on Yukon Striker...

We're trying to plan our first trip to Canada's Wonderland. It seems that we may be at the park Sunday and Monday, June 9-10. Couple of questions:

Any ideas on crowd outlook for that time of the year?

Any standard plan of attack for this park?

Any must do food items here?

Thanks in advance everyone!

We're trying to plan our first trip to Canada's Wonderland. It seems that we may be at the park Sunday and Monday, June 9-10. Couple of questions:

Any ideas on crowd outlook for that time of the year?

Any standard plan of attack for this park?

Any must do food items here?

Thanks in advance everyone!

Sunday is likely to be busy, Monday to be fairly light... School is still in, so there'll be some trips there, but they'll clear out in the afternoon, leaving the park virtually deserted...

Do you plan on getting Fast Lane Plus??? That'll make a difference in how you should handle the park.

Are you looking to ride every coaster at least once??? Or are you okay with not waiting in a line for a lacklustre experience when you could spend that time doing something more fun???

No plans for getting Fastlane

If no Fastlane, Monday will be the day that will be lighter on the crowds (always is OK when school is still in). If the weather is "iffy" it will be even better.

Sunday will be busy...but obviously weather dependent.

The plan of attack is always subjective...although on the Monday you should find the time to get everything done that you want. The only piece of advice that I normally give is that both "Wonder Mountain's Guardian" and "Thunder Run" are popular rides that are NOT on either Fastlane package. As a result the line ups get pretty long for them at any time of day, so these would be the rides to do first, and on the Sunday morning if you are there. They are both located in Wonder Mountain so distance to walk is not an issue. There should be more of a draw towards Yukon Striker (and always Leviathan) so with luck there will be less people going towards the mountain to start the day. Thunder Run is popular because it is a great family coaster but still has a bit of force for the adults!

Apart from that, I hope you have a great trip.

No plans for getting Fastlane.

I would like to hit most of the coasters and the unique flats. However, I'm not going wait forever for a garbage ride if that's what it comes down to.

Get on Yukon Striker first. Stand in the single rider line and you might even be able to get on 2 or 3 times while other people are still lined up for Thunder Run and Guardian.

I honestly wonder if CW is ever going to retheme Drop Tower to something Medieval themed since the themeing of the ride doesn't fit the location it's in.

Like a guillotine?

It would be nice to have Drop Tower fit in with the Medieval Faire section. Even if the name were not to change, it would fit in better with a new colour scheme, similar to what they did with the Drop Tower at California's Great America this past off-season. Although maybe having it painted with different accents of browns and yellows would be more suitable for a Medieval theme.

I think having it themed to four giant guillotines would be the single greatest theming move ever. They could still call it drop zone. Or maybe just for haunt at the very least since I'm sure it would stir up some controversy for the regular season... put in some screaming sound effects, a falling head into a basket...

I would like to hit most of the coasters and the unique flats. However, I'm not going wait forever for a garbage ride if that's what it comes down to.

Get on Yukon Striker first. Stand in the single rider line and you might even be able to get on 2 or 3 times while other people are still lined up for Thunder Run and Guardian. Guardian is one of those 'garbage rides' that take forever to get on for a very lame ride.

Get on Yukon Striker first. Stand in the single rider line and you might even be able to get on 2 or 3 times while other people are still lined up for Thunder Run and Guardian.

Guardian is one of those 'garbage rides' that take forever to get on for a very lame ride.

Guardian is one that we are interested in doing. I was assuming that rope-dropping it would be a priority?

Guardian is one that we are interested in doing. I was assuming that rope-dropping it would be a priority?

Why the Wonder Mountain Guardian hate? We love that thing

Subjective opinions I suppose. Personally I like it, and it is different from your normal coaster...different theme, game element attached to it and a nice ending.

No fastlane...line gets long...so yes...rope drop would be a good idea...and then same for Thunder run.