TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Splash Adventure (Alabama Adventure) Discussion Thread

I voted for the Gerstlauer. As soon as I heard Dan talking about a medium sized coaster, a Gerstlauer Eurofighter INSTANTLY came to mind. I’d prefer to see a 380 clone (Tantrum, Iron Shark, Krater) over a 320 (Hydrus, Adrenaline Peak) as those appear to be a lot more interesting in terms of layout, but I’ve heard great things about 320 clones. I can only dream for a custom euro-fighter that utilizes the hillside behind Alabama Adventure, like Krater kind of does. Dan and I also had a praise session of the almighty Voyage after his presentation.

That’s awesome! I’d love to see a small Eurofighter go to Alabama Splash Adventure! I’d love to see a 320+ model with the helix, but with lapbars. If I were to choose a model that typically has lapbars, I’d like to see just the regular 320. I like that it has a vertical loop and a heartline roll.

I'd like to see the hillside for more like a Vekoma family inverted coaster. If they are getting a coaster like a Eurofighter, I want to see it in the space previously occupied by Buzzsaw Falls. It is a pretty flat area right at the front of the park so that the vertical lift would dominate Main Street. I think they should use the hillside for an attraction whenever the park has grown more in that direction. Part of the reason that Zoomerang had low ridership was because it was out in its own corner of the park.

Newsplusnotes posted a fun aerial screenshot from Google Earth that was taken last April. Something that just occurred to me is that the rumored water coaster could probably go on the site of Woodchuck Run since it has been torn out!

1403781536_AlabamaSplashAdventure.thumb.png.031f77f64faf4424c7ed9376c4a1a813.png

Newsplusnotes posted a fun aerial screenshot from Google Earth that was taken last April. Something that just occurred to me is that the rumored water coaster could probably go on the site of Woodchuck Run since it has been torn out!

What and where was Woodchuck Run? Was it the log flume?

• 2 weeks later...

One update that I forgot to post the other day and a new one from earlier on the 25th! Galleon is almost complete with work being done to retrofit the old station to be used on this new ride. The colors of both the station and ride match pretty well already!

Pieces of The Twister have started showing up onsite! A couple weeks ago, they were beginning to pour the foundations for the new slide, which means that the slide should begin to be erected in the next month!

281513813_AlabamaSplashGalleon.thumb.jpg.3768b16c4b6f685a8606e25f53367213.jpg

910369065_AlabamaSplashTwister.jpg.4357e51f28eddd6d2ea8273aa310676f.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Does anybody have any ideas as to what will be coming to Alabama Splash Adventure for 2020? It's about that time of year that rumors start flying. I'm sure this will be a bit of a calmer year with rides and attractions, but I'd love to see a main street revitalization. Really the only food place on Main Street is the Funnel Cake Factory and there's a gift shop as well. I'd love to see an arcade area return to that front area as well another restaurant. Maybe add a coffee shop. That would definitely appeal to the younger crowd. Plus, they just removed the Wipeout course from the end of Main Street. I'd love to see something like a Mack Twist and Splash where that was. Something that is both a water attraction, but a dry park ride as well since that is the center point of the park and if you were go down the left path, you'd be at the dry rides and if you went to the right, you'd end up a Splash Island.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Looks like 2020 is the season of shows for Alabama Adventure and Splash Adventure. The former pirates themed dive show will get a Wild West retrofit and they’ll be adding what appears to be a trampoline stunt show. It’s exciting to see new investments into the park every year. I feel line something big will be coming in 2021.

C407C9AF-E95D-48FD-B9D6-1927347CB4B5.thumb.png.00ce0d15a95cd059b153631e61aeb6bb.png

15CB2558-4AF1-4920-B8B6-45F5962EF8B5.thumb.png.a98d03851072af8b5455b2b0734f9b8d.png

Oh awesome! I've always enjoyed Holiday World's diving show, so if this is similar quality, it'll be fantastic.

We have been trying to get out there for the last couple of years, as it's only two states away from us, and we had been hoping to make 2020 the year, but you know... Still optimistic.

Their opening day isn’t until Memorial Day. I have full faith that their operating season is safe. I’ll probably try to make it out again this year (it’s about an eleven hour drive). Small parks are probably going to need a little bit of extra help. Either that, or once people get the all clear to go out again, they’ll go out full force.

Either way, I feel like 2021 is about to be a big year for Alabama Adventure and Splash Adventure. This seems to be a smaller investment year, so I feel like either a new slide complex or a new coaster will be coming in 2021. I think a new water slide complex is more likely. Either a mat racer or a water coaster.

IF parks like Fantasy Island and Indiana Beach do permanently close their doors I could easily see Alabama Adventure picking up some of their rides. I know there is some tax incentives to try and save IB, not sure if anything similar is going on up in NY. We'll have to wait and see, hopefully with everything going on they continue to grow and have a good 2020 season.

Indiana Beach might be salvageable, but Fantasy Island seems to definitely be a goner; some rides already appear to be gone at Fantasy Island. Fantasy Island just got a mat racer a couple years ago; that could be perfect for the water park. It would give them four modern waterslides: Twister, Freefall, Upsurge, and the racer. Those are huge people pleasures and could add at least thirty minutes to a visit to the park since there is rerideability factor to it. Of the dry rides, I'd love to see them pick up either the Zamperla Disco, the Chance Wheel, or Zamperla Vertical Swing. The last two would give them large scale flat rides with high visibility to the back of the park, and the Disco is a huge crowd pleasure as well with a bit of a higher thrill factor.

• 2 months later...

Here's a pretty cool aerial video of the park as of 2020. Has anybody been able to visit the park since it reopened last week? This video makes me miss the park and I've decided I'll probably make the drive down there in July probably. I hope this year is a successful one for the park. I feel like the park was about to make another large investment for the 2021 season before all this happened. There have been a few posts now where people have asked if the park is adding any new rides for the 2021 season, and the park has responded with "maybe ; )." Honestly, I'd love to see them add a mat racer to the water park and a drop tower to the dry park.