TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

1770573214_ScreenShot2019-04-19at2_50_28PM.thumb.png.03e41bbb77e78dc15ffefeb7767a9e09.png

Having been back there myself several times, I'm pretty sure those two buildings to the left of Gadget's Go Coaster are just double-wide trailers. And the building just above Mickey's House probably could be re-purposed as well.

I read that there was the possibility of the larger (or both) of those two buildings "above Toontown" was/were to be the space for this new attraction, and that the Gag Factory shop would be replaced for the entry and exit queues. They've probably already figured out, how to fit some kind of appropriate Gift Shop back in there, when this opens in 2022, too.

And that Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin wasn't being altered/changed at all.

What I read.

p.s. WOO HOO for M&MsRR coming to Toontown!

PROPSED-SITE-A.png.21fe6392965f13bb39e1b4db85a4b1de.png

One of the proposed sites for it.

Now that is good news indeed to see Toontown get a proper MM attraction, and they kept Rodger Rabbit. The theme in the queue line for it is among the best they have done. Ride vehicles could be a tad wider to allow more guests in it if they were to upgrade it, just saying.

^ That video series is really nice. It's showing others involved with the process of providing Disney Magic to the world. Who might not normally be featured in more public 'commercials' etc. Good for them to keep doing this, with so many ongoing projects now, it's welcome informative stuff.

And sometimes you get an Easter Egg here or there in the video, without attention being drawn to 'it'.

Thought it would be good to put it here.....

Star Wars' original Chewbacca, Peter Mayhew, passed away today, at age 74.

Missed by many, many, and several thousands more, around the world.

Apparently, the first 24 days of Star Wars Land reservations ran out in just 2 hours. I also saw comments by people who used multiple accounts since it was registered to one Disney account who would then add guests grab multiple days using the system so I'm waiting for the inevitable wave of complaints or the holders asking people to pay to go in on their extra guest tickets.

Disney played it very smart with the way they set things up. The fact that you had to have your entire party in the reservation, AND that the guest names can't change, really discourages scalping.

And everyone over 18 must show a government ID.

Yet, somehow, a person with a Hotel reservation is selling a reservation spot for $1500. It's not totally clear though if they would actually be able to do this. And, I would guess, if they get caught, there will be consequences.

My husband was fortunate enough to get a reservation, so were going the first saturday!! I can not wait!!!

And everyone over 18 must show a government ID.

Yet, somehow, a person with a Hotel reservation is selling a reservation spot for $1500. It's not totally clear though if they would actually be able to do this. And, I would guess, if they get caught, there will be consequences.

My husband was fortunate enough to get a reservation, so were going the first saturday!! I can not wait!!!

My friends have a hotel reservation...the same policy applied. Names had to be given in advance. I suppose they could try some excuse like "oh, my wife couldn't make it anymore so I brought my sister in law" or some excuse to see if the hotel will change it, but I would assume they are also being strict with that.

Good to know! I am glad they did the same thing for the Hotel Guests. I'd guess it would still be difficult for a person to change the name on a SWGE reservation, even using the reasoning you mentioned. Especially now that it's known someone is trying to sell one.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/06/blue-sky-cellar-welcomes-the-radiator-springs-historical-societys-museum-of-the-history-of-radiator-springs/

hoc111222LARGE.jpg[/attachment]

With towering A-frame architecture, brilliant lighting, vibrant projections and a giant triangular LED video wall, this entire area of the party has been “stacked” with an array of amazing “opportuni-Ts” to delight the maddest of Hatters!

Situated below the impressive structure is our House of Cards stage, providing a performance space for two incredible entertainment acts. The first of these is the Mad Hatter’s personal dance crew … the one, the only, the Hottest Deck in Town!

Corkscrew(Knotts).nltrackdca118956SMALL.jpg[/attachment]

Toy Story Mania!, Star Tours: The Adventures Continue, Cars Land…what has been your favorite feature of the five-year Disneyland Resort expansion?

I love House of Cards and the giant triangular LED video wall is definitely a topper to the experience.

Saw online that Disney will be using wristbands with the time slots to try and control the crowds when Galaxy Edge opens. People, who are outside their time-slots will be denied service, assuming that means they can't line-up for the ride or buy drinks/food outside of their slots, perhaps even not be allowed to buy merchandise too perhaps.

Interesting to note is that they are saying they're going to try and keep the line under 2 hours for Millenium Falcon during the opening months so those 4 hours aren't just spent in one line, so people can spend half their time waiting for the ride and half looking around. Although I wonder how many people will make the most of their time in the land and jump into the line 5 minutes before their time-slot is up.

The reservation system is basically everything I was hoping Disney would do for the Land's opening. Instead of ride Fastpasses, do a Fastpass for the whole land to preserve the experience of everything, and force people to line up for the main attraction if they want to commit to it (rather than a 20 minute wait for hotel guests/vips/advanced planners and a 3 hour wait for anyone else).

I do hope that there is opportunity to acquire a "walk-in" reservation, I have a strong disdain for any system that does not accommodate for those who don't have their lives in order to plan specific dates or time slots far in advance.

I do hope that there is opportunity to acquire a "walk-in" reservation, I have a strong disdain for any system that does not accommodate for those who don't have their lives in order to plan specific dates or time slots far in advance.

This system is only for dates between May 31 and June 23. Beginning June 24, anyone who goes to the park can visit. They’ll just have to wait in a newly designed “virtual queue system” which works a bit differently from the traditional Fastpass. Visitors will be able to log on using the Disneyland app (or at special kiosks in the park) and see if Galaxy’s Edge is open for walk-ups, or if they need to join a Boarding Group. If they join a Boarding Group, they’re free to walk around and do whatever until they get a notification on their phone. At that point, they have two hours to enter Galaxy’s Edge. Once inside, there is no limit on how long they can stay.

Source

Edited by Garet

Like for us, i.e. no cell phones.

Saw online that Disney will be using wristbands with the time slots to try and control the crowds when Galaxy Edge opens. People, who are outside their time-slots will be denied service, assuming that means they can't line-up for the ride or buy drinks/food outside of their slots, perhaps even not be allowed to buy merchandise too perhaps.

Interesting to note is that they are saying they're going to try and keep the line under 2 hours for Millenium Falcon during the opening months so those 4 hours aren't just spent in one line, so people can spend half their time waiting for the ride and half looking around. Although I wonder how many people will make the most of their time in the land and jump into the line 5 minutes before their time-slot is up.

I would hope they also force those people to leave the land, not just deny them service. Otherwise people will just hang out to soak in the atmosphere and it'll be too full to admit new guests...

I can just imagine a platoon of storm troopers herding guests together

who've overstayed their time slot, then slowly accompanying them out of Galaxy's Edge.