Hansa Park Discussion Thread

Page 73: 2nd Tallest Drop Tower in the World!!!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Hansa Park Discussion Thread

Postby JordyC » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:35 am

Tallest free fall in Europe opens at Hansa park

The tallest free fall tower in Europe has been officially opened. The northern German Hansa-Park has erected a 120 meter high gyro drop tower. The attraction, which is called Highlander, goes at a whopping 120 kilometers per hour. Once at the top, the seats fold forward. Then visitors make a perpendicular free fall of 103 meters, before they are slowed down.

Special is that Highlander has two different ride programs. They are always chosen completely randomly, director Christoph Andreas Leicht told the opening ceremony on Friday evening. "With one of the two programs, the seats fold back before the free fall. With the other, you fold forward and immediately fall down."

There is room for 24 people per ride. The Austrian company Funtime was called in for the construction. The German company IMAscore provided a special soundtrack, which can also be heard at a height of 120 meters. The gondola is equipped with speakers.

Highlander is located in a Scottish theme area. The immense tower was built in the middle of the track of the 39-year-old Nessie family roller coaster, whose station building was redecorated this year.

Source
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Shambhala - PortAventura 4. Untamed - Walibi Holland 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 6. Taron - Phantasialand 7. Helix - Liseberg 8. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 9. Colossos - Heide Park 10. Lech Coaster - Legendia

Coasters: 254 || Parks: 47

Parc Astérix || Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:22 pm

It should be noted that the seats don't tilt straight down like Falcon's Fury and Ikaros. At least from videos it appears to be more comparable to Six Flags Over Georgia's Acrophobia, or other Intamin stand-up floorless towers, but in a traditional seating position.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Pedrinho » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:42 am

^
The seats are tilting 30 degrees, but on some rides they even tilt back before the drop. On other rides you'll drop down with the tilted seats. It will be determined randomly by coincedence.
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Black Mamba; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:18 am

I'm intrigued to see how reclining seats would feel on a drop tower. Is this the first one to do something like that?
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Canobie Lake Park & Six Flags New England- Goliath Only

Postby Pedrinho » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:49 am

^
I think you misunderstood me: They are always tilting to the front by 30 degrees. On some rides they are tiliting back to the normal position before dropping down.
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Black Mamba; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:01 am

Pedrinho wrote:^
I think you misunderstood me: They are always tilting to the front by 30 degrees. On some rides they are tiliting back to the normal position before dropping down.

Ah ok, thank you! I read that as the seats reclining backwards towards the sky. :lol:
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Canobie Lake Park & Six Flags New England- Goliath Only

Postby Pedrinho » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:08 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:
Pedrinho wrote:^

Ah ok, thank you! I read that as the seats reclining backwards towards the sky. :lol:

Yeah, sorry. It was quite misreadable.
In other news it would be interesting to drop like that ;)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Coasternerd3 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:23 am

If you can ride Kingda Ka, this should be a breeze. :)

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:28 pm

Coasternerd3 wrote:If you can ride Kingda Ka, this should be a breeze. :)

Some people will ride any roller coaster in the world but refuse to ride drop towers. To clarify, I am not one of these people, but drop towers feel completely different than rides like Kingda Ka and Dragster.
Steel: 172 / Wood: 32 / Total: 204
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!