Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 1050: 2020 park and water park additions announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby Honorarius » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:54 pm

That's a good idea... I'd imagine the line for YS will be huge and most of the other lines fairly short...

Site Admin

Yukon Striker Roller Coaster Front Seat Onride POV Video

Postby robbalvey » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:38 am

Here's the POV of Yukon Striker that Canada's Wonderland provided during the media event:
Last edited by robbalvey on Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:39 am.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:51 am

It seems like there are only a couple moments where the train slowed. As much as enthusiasts bitched and moaned about the portion over the MCBR I see nothing wrong with the decently tall dive, what appears to be a pop of air time, and a nice tight helix. Just another Valravn clone...

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby CoasterAuditor » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:53 am

Looks fun. I look forward to riding it whenever I make a trip to Toronto. I like how Canada's Wonderlands top 3 is basically "3 giant B&Ms" then there's like 50 crazy flats.
I'm an accountant that's obsessed with roller coasters
Knoebels > Everywhere

1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. Phoenix 4. Millennium Force 5. New Texas Giant

118 Coasters
16 Parks

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby Prof Kaos » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:13 am

CoasterAuditor wrote:Looks fun. I look forward to riding it whenever I make a trip to Toronto. I like how Canada's Wonderlands top 3 is basically "3 giant B&Ms" then there's like 50 crazy flats.

Yukon Striker really does round out the big coaster lineup nicely. Great assortment of flats, but don't forget coasters like Vortex and Backlot. They're not top tier, but they are plenty of fun.

Vortex is great because even when the queue is completely full on a busy day, it's less than an hour wait. Also it's fast-paced throughout.
1 - Banshee 2 - Behemoth 3 - Mystic Timbers
4 - Vampire 5 - Leviathan 6 - Goliath (La Ronde)
7 - Diamondback 8 - Vortex (CW)
9 - The Beast 10 - Flight of Fear

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:24 am

prozach626 wrote:It seems like there are only a couple moments where the train slowed. As much as enthusiasts bitched and moaned about the portion over the MCBR I see nothing wrong with the decently tall dive, what appears to be a pop of air time, and a nice tight helix.

I agree and I also expect the ride to run a bit faster and better than it does in this POV. They filmed it on a dreary and probably cold day where it stopped completely in the midcourse for some reason where the train was likely empty. I'm assuming that it doesn't paint the ride in the best light.
Last edited by coasterbill on Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:28 am.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:27 am

That drop at night will be something else. It's seriously impressive that they were able to thread the needle, I honestly think I'd be a little nervous up there looking down at the tunnel! Looks like a lot of fun.
{1991} Chicago guy. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Married a Canadian » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:42 am

They filmed it on a dreary and probably cold day

We are still waiting for spring here in Toronto....it has been a long winter...Easter Monday was the warmest day we have had in a while (18C) and then back to the dreary again. With the amount of rain we have had recently...they probably didn't even have to fill the lake back up after it was drained.

Pretty sure come the summer it is going to run pretty quickly (if Leviathan and Behemoth are any indicator). It did seem to slow down a bit on the MCBR but I am not overly worried.
Nice video though....and there is a lot of "notice' being taken of the ride in Toronto, both on social media and with the GP.
Top Rides:
1 X2 2 Tatsu 3 Twisted Timbers 4 Apollo's Chariot 5 Skyrush 6 Maverick 7 Iron Rattler 8 Leviathan (front row) 9 Phantom's Revenge 10 Millennium Force 11 Manta 12 Saw The ride 13 Mako

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby kotsy » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:49 pm

I'm really surprised they never themed the tunnel and just left it as bare concrete. They went the extra mile for the mine-shaft area after the vertical loo.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby joelwee » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:18 pm

The POV looks great! I was surprised that the train basically used up all of its momentum leading up to the MCBR, but like others have said, it will probably run faster in the summer. I've gotta get up to this park soon.
Seat, don't fail me now!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!