TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

$10 says you'll wear glasses and get water sprayed on you!

Was there ever any doubt?! That's requirements one and two when building a Universal attraction.

Edited by jray21

Universal Studios Hollywood just dropped a "Secret Life of Pets" announcement....

[/size]

Universal City, CA, April 10, 2019 – Adoption day is the ultimate rite of passage for every animal seeking a home, and it’s now the inspiration for Universal Studios Hollywood’s lively new ride, “The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash!,” opening in 2020 based on Illumination’s 2016 global blockbuster and upcoming sequel, which answers the question, “What do your pets do when you’re not at home?”

In this all-new fully immersive experience, guests will assume the roles of stray puppies as they join a familiar cast of leading characters from The Secret Life of Pets — Max, Snowball, Gidget, Chloe and Duke, along with a host of other animal friends — on the ultimate quest of finding forever homes.

“We are thrilled to be able to bring another exciting Illumination movie-based ride to our guests,” said Karen Irwin, President and COO, Universal Studios Hollywood. “The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash!’ will capture the essence of the popular film and invite our guests to live vicariously through some of their favorite characters as they embark on a one-of-a-kind experience only available at Universal Studios Hollywood.”

The innovative adventure will blend live, dimensional and animated characters with hyper-realistic media as guests zip along a track aboard ride vehicles through bustling New York City streets towards the Pet Adoption event and the ultimate happy ending: forever homes. Along the way, guests will face an array of challenges and meet up with fellow animal pals eager to help guide them toward their destination.

“The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash!” will be located adjacent to the popular “Despicable Me Minion Mayhem” and “Super Silly Fun Land” attractions.

Illumination’s The Secret Life of Pets 2, the next chapter in the franchise, arrives in theaters June 7, 2019.

You KNOW I'm gonna like this one!!! Can I take my dawg? She's got a few secrets!!

Alice

$10 says you'll wear glasses and get water sprayed on you!

Since it is themed to pets, I bet the water will be themed to something else.

Beware the fire-hydrant scene!

What is interesting to me is the location of the ride. In the former Globe theater next to Despicable Me. I wonder about the scale of the ride myself. Glad to see another dark ride going in!

What is interesting to me is the location of the ride. In the former Globe theater next to Despicable Me. I wonder about the scale of the ride myself. Glad to see another dark ride going in!

The globe was completely demolished and a new building took its place. It appears to be larger than the Globe was.

There's actually a good number of scenes with "dogs and water" involved, heh.

Wonder what they would/could do with Chloe? And how about all the birds, taking over a birdbath?

SecretLifePets.png.561b35091fd335a4d9c04c4b4aca6d29.png

Group Bath anyone???

I think the commercials are really overselling what the experience really is, but Universal has done this in the past with the Hollywood property. I would kind of doubt the lagoon itself was in particularly fondly remembered though, so it being modified is probably going to leave people indifferent in the end.

I’m really surprised no one is talking about the new commercial for Jurassic World. I thought the negativity would be through the roof considering it’s pretty much confirmed they replaced the lagoon scene with a screen scene.

I think there's no negativity because most people had already resigned themselves to 'more screens' the second an upgrade to the ride was announced.

I’m really surprised no one is talking about the new commercial for Jurassic World. I thought the negativity would be through the roof considering it’s pretty much confirmed they replaced the lagoon scene with a screen scene.

I think there's no negativity because most people had already resigned themselves to 'more screens' the second an upgrade to the ride was announced.

There is still a large portion of the ride that remains outdoors. I'll reserve final judgment until the ride is open.

Edited by Jew

I think many of us are just immune at this point. We all assumed there would be screens, commercial confirmed screens...no big surprise.

Universal Studios Hollywood has announced that "Universal Monsters - Frankenstein Meets The Wolf Man" will serve as the inspiration for a new maze at Halloween Horror Nights 2019!

924608624_FrankensteinMeetsTheWolfManMazeatUniversalStudiosHollywoodsHalloweenHorrorNights.thumb.jpg.94412a662610730a31b8c7239b9c0882.jpg

“Universal Monsters” will come to life in all-new terrifying Halloween Horror Nights mazes at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando Resort, inspired by Universal’s original cinematic monsters and the movie studio that invented the horror films. The terrifying experiences on both coasts will wake some of the most frightening and legendary monsters in horror history and bring them face-to-face with guests at the nation's premier Halloween events.

On the heels of last year’s successful “Universal Monsters” experience, Universal Studios Hollywood will introduce an all-new horrifying maze, “Frankenstein Meets The Wolf Man,” that delves deeper into the Universal Monsters’ lore. Loosely based on Universal’s 1943 horror movie of the same name, this reimagined tale for the 21st century takes guests on a terrifying journey that bears witness to a deadly confrontation between these two horror icons and the epic battle that rages between them. Guests will follow in the footsteps of the Frankenstein Monster, lured by exotic music towards a nearby gypsy camp while desperately seeking sanctuary from a mob of angry villagers determined to destroy him. It is within the gypsy encampment that the Frankenstein Monster meets The Wolf Man and where the madness begins as guests are led along a path of destruction through the murky Moors, to a creepy cemetery and into the smoldering ruins of Castle Frankenstein and its icy cellars beneath.

Once again, GRAMMY® Award-winning musician, SLASH, long hailed as one of the best electric guitar-players of all time, will collaborate with Universal Studios Hollywood to compose an original score for the maze.

to witness the rise of the undead that begins this fall at Universal Studios Hollywood.

At Universal Orlando Resort, guests will be hunted by every single grisly monster from the anthology, including Dracula, The Wolf Man and Frankenstein, in the all-new experience, “Universal Monsters.” Each sinister environment will bleed from one to the next as guests press through the darkened realms of horrifying creatures. Guests will face bloody terrors in Dracula’s castle and flee from what is behind the cryptic howls of the grim forest. They’ll run from the horrifying manmade monster within Dr. Frankenstein’s laboratory, and fall prey to an ancient Egyptian curse as they are pursued by the evil Mummy. Guests will try to escape the mysterious Creature lurking in the Black Lagoon, or become victims of other horrors waiting in the shadows. Click here to witness the terror that is coming to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando Resort.

Universal Studios’ “Halloween Horror Nights” is the ultimate Halloween event. For more than 25 years, guests from around the world have visited “Halloween Horror Nights” to become victims inside their own horror film. Multiple movie-quality mazes based on iconic horror television shows, films and original stories come to life season after season. And, the streets of each park’s event are transformed into highly-themed scare zones where menacing scare-actors lunge from every darkened corner.

“Halloween Horror Nights” begins Friday, September 6 in Orlando and on Friday, September 13 in Hollywood. Additional details about the events will be revealed soon. A limited time ticket offer and vacation package for Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights are on sale now. For more information about “Halloween Horror Nights” at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando Resort, visit http://www.HalloweenHorrorNights.com.

Edited by jedimaster1227

• 3 weeks later...

So, I'm going to Universal Hollywood very soon. It will be my first time in a couple years, so I must ask if there have been any significant changes to which I would need to change my strategy for going through the rides. For note, last time I went, Walking Dead was almost open.

So, I'm going to Universal Hollywood very soon. It will be my first time in a couple years, so I must ask if there have been any significant changes to which I would need to change my strategy for going through the rides. For note, last time I went, Walking Dead was almost open.

If you purchased your ticket online, you are eligible for 30 min early entry to knock out the Potter rides. The lower lot and Despicable Me do not open until 1hr after the park opens. Jurassic World is not open yet.

Universal Studios Hollywood has announced that Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard and BD Wong will reprise their roles from the Jurassic World films in the new Jurassic World—The Ride!

Stars of the JURASSIC WORLD films Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard and BD Wong reprise their roles as Owen Grady, Claire Dearing and Dr. Henry Wu, bringing their characters from the silver screen to Universal Studios Hollywood’s much anticipated mega attraction, “Jurassic World—The Ride,” opening this summer.

This marks the first time the cast will appear as their iconic characters outside of the JURASSIC WORLD films for a theme park attraction. As part of original content created exclusively for the new ride, Owen, Claire and Dr. Wu will shed light on their interactions with the dinosaurs along with facts and information about the imposing prehistoric creatures that first roamed the earth more than 65 million years ago.

This spectacular new ride will feature an original storyline that will take guests on a breathtaking excursion through the theme park as depicted in Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment’s film, JURASSIC WORLD. It will soar to new heights with the addition of iconic dinosaurs from the movie, including the colossal Indominus rex and the magnificent aquatic Mosasaurus in her natural habitat.

For the first time, JURASSIC WORLD fans will have the chance to see this impressive creature and become immersed within her massive Aquarium Observatory. Appearing to span over 60 feet in length and tipping the scales at over 30K pounds through stunning state-of-the-art visual effects, the Mosasaurus is a sight to behold as she moves just inches away from guests throughout her glass enclosure filled with the equivalent of 3.5 million gallons of water.

Universal Creative collaborated with Industrial Light & Magic (ILM) to bring the Mosasaurus to life and to capture the realism of her underwater environment using a combination of spectacular visual effects and cutting-edge technologies, including the use of motion parallax, a technique that shifts the guest’s perspective of the Mosasaurus as she moves throughout the tank.

The team also employed a series of lighting enhancements allowing the aquarium to intuitively shift from day to night, as well as visual changes to the environment during inclement weather, thus creating a variety of visual scenarios guests can experience based on when they experience the ride.

“Jurassic World—The Ride” captures the essence of the blockbuster movie and comes to life in collaboration with the award-winning and inspired minds at Universal Creative, the Academy Award®-winning special-effects visionaries at Industrial Light & Magic, a division of Lucasfilm, Ltd., Universal Pictures and acclaimed filmmakers Stev en Spielberg, Colin Trevorrow and Frank Marshall.

When “Jurassic World—The Ride” opens this summer, guests will be welcomed to a dramatically reimagined space reflective of the hit films. A fresh entry statement, stonework landscaping, and a contemporary redesign of the iconic JURASSIC WORLD gates, illuminated with billowing flames, will create the framework for the all new aesthetics.

Once guests pass through the queue, they will board specially designed rafts that will navigate the lush environs of dense vegetation and traverse new areas besieged with towering dinosaurs meandering at just an arm’s length away. Encounters with such docile creatures as the Stegosaurus and Parasaurolophus will quickly turn awry as predatory Velociraptors and Dilophosaurus begin to wreak havoc, turning guests from spectators to prey. When the Tyrannosaurus rex begins to battle one of the attraction’s new ferocious dinosaurs, the rafts will spill down a treacherous 84-foot waterfall as the sole means of escape.

Located adjacent to the ride will be a new elaborately themed “Raptor Encounter” where Blue, the beloved Velociraptor from the JURASSIC WORLD franchise, will engage guests in daring face-to-face encounters.

In addition, a new interactive “Dino Play” area will incorporate educational components within an inspired space where children of all ages can explore and excavate giant dinosaur fossils.

To see Universal Studios Hollywood’s new marketing campaign, It Just Got Real in support of this summer’s opening of “Jurassic World—The Ride,”

With so much to see and do at Universal Studios Hollywood, the new California Neighbor Pass invites guests to experience 175 days of fun for $149 when purchased online. Visit http://www.UniversalStudiosHollywood.com for more details. Blackout dates and restrictions apply.

More information is available at http://www.UniversalStudiosHollywood.com. Like Universal Studios Hollywood on Facebook and follow @UniStudios on Instagram and Twitter.

249320077_JurassicWorld--TheRidewithChrisPratt-BryceDallasHowardimage.thumb.jpg.53fa3c0f62b31af454194cc0e5791f41.jpg

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.5bd6416d13b5ed67185b64f0f9f31d0f.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227