SeaWorld San Antonio Discussion Thread

P. 50 - Texas Stingray announced with full POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Re: SeaWorld San Antonio Discussion Thread

Postby A.J. » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:24 am

coasterbill wrote:We get preferred parking at Busch Gardens since it's free with our pass but it's also not a perk we really care about at most parks. The park is massive and you spend the entire day walking so we honestly don't care if we have to walk a little further to and from the car. In the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal.

If I were to spend the entire day I'd get to the parking lot before opening anyway, the last time I was there it was literally a thirty-second walk from my car to the tram stop.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Too Slow For Comfort

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:01 am

coasterbill wrote:We get preferred parking at Busch Gardens since it's free with our pass but it's also not a perk we really care about at most parks. The park is massive and you spend the entire day walking so we honestly don't care if we have to walk a little further to and from the car. In the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal.

Obviously there are exceptions (like for people using a wheelchair), but I never understood why people look at walking 5-10 minutes from the park entrance to the car as a big issue when once they're inside the park they're probably going to walk like 6-10 miles throughout the course of the day.

I'm not trying to start an argument, I just want someone to explain the thought process here because I never understood it.

For me personally, its not something I would necessarily pay significantly more for a la carte, but its something to consider as a perk, or in a parallel universe where amusement parks would only make the upcharge 5-10%. If I plan on using my Platinum pass 20-30 times between BGT/BGW/SWO/SWSA/various waterparks over a 365 day period, the indifference value that I put on a platinum pass per visit would be very low, if the total value was dividend by 20-30 visits. But sure, if its $25 for general, and $40 for preferred, I wouldn't dream of paying for the preferred.

And, a big reason for me personally:

I go to the FL parks a lot directly after work. When I'm not in a busy season at work, I work from 7-30-4, and can sneak out early if I need to sometimes. So if I'm trying to max the rest of the day, that tram ride over to the park can kill some of my available time. And if its cold enough I may want to just keep my work clothing on (especially when I go to Disney and the rides aren't as extreme) -- basically taking my suit jacket off and putting a sweater over my tie -- and walking in dress shoes is a pain. And conversely, if I am making rope drop and staying a long time, the extra walking compounds against the walking I do all day. With my experiences with Busch and Disney, I've just learned that its best to just take tram and not be a hero and try to walk it both ways.

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby OmnipotentSeal » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:36 am

Since there’s no official information or press release, I think it is safe for me to mention how the rumored 2020 wooden roller coaster got added to the roller coaster database overnight. There’s even pictures of the footers. No info is available on the manufacturer. My best guess would be a GCI, but a GG is also likely.

https://rcdb.com/17278.htm
Please wake up. We are trying a new technique. We don't know where this will show up in your dream, but we hope this message will reach you. You are in a coma. Please wake up. Your family needs you.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby grsupercity » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:29 am

Come on Gravity Group
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:01 pm

GCI and Gravity Group both make excellent wooden coasters, so I don't think Seaworld can go wrong with either. This will be a nice addition. Texas can use a nice good wooden roller coaster!

I am still in shock that Seaworld is adding a major roller coaster to each of their 5 big parks next year.
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby ArizonaGuy » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:47 pm

Yup. Those sure look like wooden coaster footers. Maybe something from Rocky Mountain?

In other news, Steel Eel received a new paint job.
72ED4297-A27F-4A6F-8D0E-266FBD8A7CA9.jpeg
Purple Eel

Postby coasterbill » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:47 am

Wow, that's certainly vibrant.

It's really weird looking but I kind of like it.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:34 am

That looks great. Love a nice purple.

Postby bert425 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:41 am

coasterbill wrote:Wow, that's certainly vibrant.

It's really weird looking but I kind of like it.

it's like year round Mardi Gras coaster.

(maybe SW just bought the paint in bulk for Apollo at BGW, and had leftovers?) :p
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:40 am

Wow, it's looking good!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!