TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

No injuries, no weapons, no arrests, and only one person charged with "disturbance of peace", so not as bad as it sounds, at least IMHO.

WoF wouldn't be dealing with these constant fights if parents stopped using the park as daycare for their teens. If you have hundreds of unchaperoned kids let loose in a theme park, it's not surprising that they get unruly.

WoF isn't the only park having trouble with undisciplined teens, either. Silver Dollar City often has trouble on Young Christian's Weekend, with instances of graffiti left on the walls of ride queues (I've seen it in person; a couple of them were stupid enough to even put the date with their names) and teens being loud & unruly because they don't have anyone getting after them about their manners.

Everything about that video was shocking.

No injuries, no weapons, no arrests, and only one person charged with "disturbance of peace", so not as bad as it sounds, at least IMHO.

Good. The last thing we would want is any kind of legal deterrent or consequence for a mob action involving 300 potential suspects.

Eh, I'm all right with not bringing charges against teenagers. Go easy on the one person who started it, no charges for anyone else, that sounds right. Prosecutors have an obligation not to bring charges if the case against someone is not strong. They need to make sure they are spending the People's money wisely.

Everything about that video was shocking.

Good. The last thing we would want is any kind of legal deterrent or consequence for a mob action involving 300 potential suspects.

The park banned nine minors from the park after last Saturday.

Fury is back with audio and a lighting package. Like the old days.

Went to Cotton Blossom BBQ, it was good. I recommend the Pulled pork, it had some bark on it which holds

That smoky flavor, I couldn’t see a smoke ring on the brisket and it was one color, so a little disappointed there.

The sauces were good. The Original was spicy and tasted like a good Gates clone. The sweet sauce was really good to and still had some spice to it. The extra hot was just okay. Park was beautiful today

177254D7-7158-4B3F-9E81-5B136AABBB4E.thumb.png.4f83aac2dd2114ce7309ee74cdd13bd2.png

37A2CFEA-4A00-4FCF-9341-47D9B93E022D.thumb.png.5f0867e90e5adde285a41733d6f1e1b2.png

762E0992-FF31-4AD8-9B05-D4908B4257F9.thumb.jpeg.3e69d9d4fca045249049ff54f3ce7287.jpeg

83782669-B2FE-4590-915C-4640F2DE3BF1.thumb.jpeg.30f44d004571852de9d5a8ba60acf048.jpeg

9C79784C-A304-4F7F-BAA9-7F6FCDF73095.thumb.png.65a943ce64f377aa2747bd824a9ca205.png

C84AF958-DD4B-4CA2-894F-6B2BDB7C2204.thumb.png.913d1d3c47c359534d527064374c3559.png

CAB202B3-38CD-49D9-8718-B5E054A8B84F.thumb.jpeg.5afbc75447a6cf0adde7c4d6a1104d22.jpeg

D2F6FA6A-6723-4697-A479-24A8F7FE521D.thumb.png.7c57620718a8abcd30316067003944d1.png

DDE3C548-9505-44B1-895D-C34C1905697A.thumb.jpeg.768f55ce34e3382a746ad8051144e229.jpeg

Fury is back with audio and a lighting package. Like the old days.

Went to Cotton Blossom BBQ, it was good. I recommend the Pulled pork, it had some bark on it which holds

That smoky flavor, I couldn’t see a smoke ring on the brisket and it was one color, so a little disappointed there.

The sauces were good. The Original was spicy and tasted like a good Gates clone. The sweet sauce was really good to and still had some spice to it. The extra hot was just okay. Park was beautiful today

I really love the emphasis on theming this year!

I went on Memorial Day weekend last year and Fast Lane would have only helped for the water rides and Spinning Dragons. Everything else was a walk-on. It looked like the merge points were at the stations for the major coasters and then you choose/wait for your row.

Don't bother with Fast Lane. Just be at the park early, and 15 minutes before opening they'll let Gold and Platinum Pass holders beyond the rope. Go straight to Spinning Dragons so you can be in line when they open the park. Rides start at park opening, not before.

Once you've done Spinning Dragons, enjoy your day, no more need for planning.

• 2 weeks later...
I went on Memorial Day weekend last year and Fast Lane would have only helped for the water rides and Spinning Dragons. Everything else was a walk-on. It looked like the merge points were at the stations for the major coasters and then you choose/wait for your row.

OK, thanks for the advice. If they don't keep their station waits clean, then the priority passes get pretty worthless unless the park is very, very crowded.

• 4 weeks later...

Kinda random, I rode Timberwolf a week or so ago and got the best ride on that coaster I have gotten ever by far. My mate thought so to. I wanted to know if anyone else was getting the same vibes from Timberwolf this year because it absolutely caught me off guard. It was some of the strongest airtime I have ever gotten on a roller coaster. I don't know if it was because of how I positioned myself on the restraints or what, but the lap bar really only felt like it was coming down on my knee's resulting in a crazy experience. This experience made Worlds of Fun feel one roller coaster better. It was awesome and I want to know if anyone else had felt this.

P.S.

It was a back seat ride.

I will start the conversation. So everyone probably saw Cedar Fair acquired two of the Schlitterbahn parks

In Texas with the option to buy Schlitterbahn KCK for 6 million.

I think they part out everything at Schlitterbahn KCK and flip the land for a nice profit.

There are a lot of fans of KCK Schlitterbahn and it always did well, however I don’t see Cedar Fair operating an Oceans of fun

West. If they did keep it they should definitely build some of those little cabins that WOF has. That would be a hit with the public. I personally don’t care for Schlitterbahn KCK, the adult pool is heated, the slides are nothing you haven’t been on.

One of the set of slides was used from wet n wild I think, its also the set of slides I would want at Oceans. They have some decent air time.

What are your thoughts?

The only reason the KCK waterpark is in the deal is to prevent anyone else from re-opening it. CF has no interest in running 2 waterparks in the same small city. They do have an interest in not having competition that might actually be able to run a waterpark competently.

WOF really is a beautiful park

This reply is only about two months late, but yes it is. It would be nice if the park got something to draw us out that way. It's a shame that I only check this thread every couple months and I never really miss anything.

^I roll my eyes at a Sky Rocket II. I don't hate them and agree they are great rides. BUT, to me a Sky Rocket II feels like a "filler coaster". Something that is added in between big additions. By next summer, Worlds of Fun will not have added a coaster in ELEVEN years. After 11 years (or God-forbid, even LONGER ) I feel a Skyrocket II would be a disappointment.

Skyrocket II's are good rides, but that's something that WoF should add after 5-7 years after a major coaster, but not after 11+ years. I'm hoping the park already considers that they have a shuttle coaster (the Boomer) and go with something more substantial. Hoping, but not holding my breath, haha.

I'll be moving to KC in a couple of weeks and will try to bring some "new coaster mojo" with me!

Actually I am looking very forward to the new adventure, as well as checking this park out this summer.

I went for the Winterfest event last December and while the park was gorgeous, I was too freaking cold to REALLY enjoy it.