TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

I've had a zipper come open more than once and had to stop using it. Some seats (I305) seem determined to push stuff around in your pockets. Velcro seems more common and isn't as automatic as it seems. And then there was the time I thought my phone was in the car.

I kind of hate this development, but also have had experiences that show it could be needed.

We’re in line for Twisted Timbers now... it’s actually pretty clever.

If you set it off you get a red handstamp, if not you get a blue one. The ride ops check handstamps as they check the train and if you have one then they make sure you put your phone in the pouch. They get people through the metal detector quickly because you don’t need to clear it without setting it off, if you set it off they just stamp you and move on.

They’re pretty tight but honestly I don’t think they care about anything besides phones. You can fit keys and a phone easily though.

Anyway, moving on to things that matter...

B7447DA1-4FDC-4558-8A3D-5A8CC487C720.thumb.jpeg.57869125dc8baf2b58b8390e3b3481ab.jpeg

This place is the greatest. I forgive them for Volcano. Putting in a craft beer bar with massive flights where you can watch Shenandoah Lumber Company be awesome all day is amazing. I feel like the park built this specifically for me.

We’re in line for Twisted Timbers now... it’s actually pretty clever.

If you set it off you get a red handstamp, if not you get a blue one. The ride ops check handstamps as they check the train and if you have one then they make sure you put your phone in the pouch. They get people through the metal detector quickly because you don’t need to clear it without setting it off, if you set it off they just stamp you and move on.

I was there yesterday as well. And I also noticed they are more biased to the regular line than the fastlane. The fast lane line was the longest I ever seen it yesterday at one point. Going well out of the station and down the stairs. When they switched ride ops it was alot of confusion as to who has what in there pocket and was their hands stamped before. Past the metal detector in the station it was mostly empty at points due to the one by one nature of the metal detetctor. people with phanny packs and small book bags are still handed blue sheets to put their stuff in the locker. I think the system is clever. But the wait times are gonna be horrendous during the summer .

In other news anaconda had a full queue well into the plaza at one point as well as i305. It also seems as though more and more ride ops are E-stopping all of the rides due to cell phones .

There is also a massive land clearing right behind the first turnaround on grizzly. Looks like it was done quite recently as it wasnt there opening day.

In the middle of planning for our trip to Virginia at the start of June (both KD and BGW). We are very much looking forward to it.

General query at this point, We have Platinum Seasons Passes for Canada's Wonderland, the aim this year being to use them for entry to KD also. Does anyone know if parking, which is included on them for CW, is also valid at KD (or any other Cedar Fair park for that matter) or is this specific only to the home park you purchased them for.

A platinum pass is a platinum pass, it doesn’t matter where you got it. You get all of the perks everywhere. This includes early entry.

Thanks CB. Unfortunately we won't be down on a weekend, so will miss early entry times. However I am going to assume that being there on a weekday when the schools are still in, will make it not as busy (and I always budget for Fastlane anyway), so the extra hour won't be needed quite as much. We hope to use it at CW for when "Yukon Striker" has early entry!

I am very pleased with the Platinum pass though, the savings add up when you use it as intended. With Cedar Point, Kings Island and Kings Dominion all within easy enough reach of us here in Toronto....there is plenty of scope to use it!

This sign popped up near the sight of volcano! Any thoughts?

My thoughts: They posted this sign up knowing it will draw attention and create talk about the park on social media networks.

My thoughts 2.0: They are stating that some type of journey or expedition is on the way.

• 2 weeks later...

From this angle it sort of looks like a fully completed Universal's Volcano Bay.

59183098_889369911412446_6184578771085950976_n.jpg.1f729a6e684e421af15db95a79eeaac1.jpg

PS: This image is floating around Facebook and I'm unable to find the original source. If you know, shout them out and I'll update the post.

From this angle it sort of looks like a fully completed Universal's Volcano Bay.

[attachment=0]59183098_889369911412446_6184578771085950976_n.jpg[/attachment]

PS: This image is floating around Facebook and I'm unable to find the original source. If you know, shout them out and I'll update the post.

LOL!!! IT REALLY DOES!!!!