Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 1050: 2020 park and water park additions announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby drevil0208 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:02 am

Going on Friday for the season pass preview night. I’m planning on getting there early and hoofing it to Yukon Striker as soon as they let you through.

What would be the best barricade to wait at? Was thinking the one by Wonder Mountain Guardian? Or would I better to head towards the Flight Deck area one?

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Johnlloyd » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:09 am

drevil0208 wrote:Going on Friday for the season pass preview night. I’m planning on getting there early and hoofing it to Yukon Striker as soon as they let you through.

What would be the best barricade to wait at? Was thinking the one by Wonder Mountain Guardian? Or would I better to head towards the Flight Deck area one?

I will also be attending Season Pass Sneak Preview Night on Friday. I was debating about which rope drop point to go to as well. I honestly think the one next to Wonder Mountain's Guardian may be busier, so it may be best to go to the one near Flight Deck. But we'll just have to wait and see which rope drop point is busier. :)
Canada's Wonderland is my home park!

Check out my amusement park blog here!

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Honorarius » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:29 am

If they use the usual rope off points near Flight Deck and Guardian, I think the usual rope off point by Striker will be better... As the crow flies, they're both close to the same distance from where you'd hit the bridge to YS, but the path from Guardian curves around, whereas the one from Flight Deck is pretty much a straight shot.

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby Sledgehammer_77 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:36 pm

What is everyone's opinion on Rmcing Minebuster, but instead of making it a hybrid, they give it the Lightning Rod treatment.

1) RMC has learned a lot from their prototype
2) Minebuster is around the same length, so just make it a double launch and obviously taller
3)It would be unique to the area and a first out and back double launched woodie
4)It would make a great top 5 coaster
5)Call it Northern Lights
1. Steel Vengance 2. Maverick 3. Behemoth 4. Leviathan 5. Millennium Force

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:56 am

Sledgehammer_77 wrote:What is everyone's opinion on Rmcing Minebuster, but instead of making it a hybrid, they give it the Lightning Rod treatment.

1) RMC has learned a lot from their prototype
2) Minebuster is around the same length, so just make it a double launch and obviously taller
3)It would be unique to the area and a first out and back double launched woodie
4)It would make a great top 5 coaster
5)Call it Northern Lights

Great. Thanks for sharing.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Jfray95 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:18 am

Yea thanks for sharing. Northern Lightning sounds better though.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Married a Canadian » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:04 am

Also going to sneak preview night on Friday (our first).

For those with experience at these events, would you say they are "busy", or in this case likely to busy because of a certain new coaster that has been built.
Just looking at the timeframe for the evening and trying to figure out whether to arrive for 530pm (yay traffic on the 400!) or a bit later.

Do they do Fastlane at these preview nights?
Top Rides:
1 X2 2 Tatsu 3 Twisted Timbers 4 Apollo's Chariot 5 Skyrush 6 Maverick 7 Iron Rattler 8 Leviathan (front row) 9 Phantom's Revenge 10 Millennium Force 11 Manta 12 Saw The ride 13 Mako

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby anonymouscactus » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:12 am

If the preview nights at other cedar fair parks for new rides are any indication, it's going to be crazy busy to get on Yukon Striker. Then again, CW might be different, but history at other parks say good luck... lol

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby dmh1079 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:26 am

Married a Canadian wrote:Also going to sneak preview night on Friday (our first).

For those with experience at these events, would you say they are "busy", or in this case likely to busy because of a certain new coaster that has been built.
Just looking at the timeframe for the evening and trying to figure out whether to arrive for 530pm (yay traffic on the 400!) or a bit later.

Do they do Fastlane at these preview nights?

My only similar experience is with KI's passholder preview night in 2017 (when Mystic Timbers opened). That night was crazy. People were waiting 3-4 hours for the ride. Food lines weren't even worth waiting in. The next day (actual GP opening day) seemed less crazy than the preview night. Of course, if you didn't care about riding MT on preview night, you pretty much had walk-ons on everything else.

I do remember seeing people using the FLP line on MT that night though.

YMMV, of course.
Top Ten: El Toro, Steel Vengeance, Intimidator 305, GhostRider, X2, Voyage, Fury 325, Maverick, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Doppel Looping » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:33 pm

Passholder prieview night tends to be a bit of a shitshow.
In past years even without any new coasters it was really packed with new staff not up to full speed and running out of all food.

Apart from that it is great!

I will probably go and check the place out and maybe do a few rides. I will watch ‘striker go around the track but dont like lining up for hours for anything. In a few weeks i will skip off work on an early weekday where i can walk on.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!