Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 269 - Epcot is getting a makeover!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:00 pm

Disney has released the final date for Illuminations and some new images for "Epcot Forever!"

Final showing of ‘IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth’ will be Sept. 30

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (April 9, 2019) – “Epcot Forever,” a new nighttime spectacular at Walt Disney World Resort, will debut Oct. 1, 2019, on World Showcase Lagoon at Epcot. The limited-time show will be a celebration of the past, present and future of Epcot, built around the magical soundtrack guests have come to know and love at the park.

EpcotForever_2-Innovation_concept.png

The new show will feature fireworks, lighting, lasers and choreographed, special effects kites, accompanied by a stirring collection of songs that paints a colorful picture of Epcot. Disney Parks Live Entertainment is collaborating on the show with noted conductor and composer Don Harper, who is producing all-new arrangements of classic Epcot tunes to weave into the soundtrack of “Epcot Forever.”

EpcotForever_5-Celebration_concept.png

“‘Epcot Forever’ is a celebration of what Epcot has been and what Epcot is going to become,” said Alan Bruun, show director for Disney Parks Live Entertainment. “Music is the star of the show, and we use songs going back to the very beginnings of Epcot to music in the park today – from attractions, spectaculars and other shows – and put them into a fireworks spectacular on the lagoon every night. Guests are going to hear music they know and love but in a whole new way.”

EpcotForever_3-Exploration_concept.png

The current Epcot nighttime spectacular, “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth,” will end its dazzling 20-year run on Sept. 30, 2019. Now, more than ever, guests will want to bid the show a fond farewell this spring and summer to once again take in a nighttime extravaganza dedicated to the joyful history of humanity and the remarkable achievements of our time.

EpcotForever_4-Imagination_concept.png

After it launches Oct. 1, “Epcot Forever” will continue into 2020, when it will then make way for the debut of the next epic Epcot nighttime spectacular as part of the park’s multi-year transformation.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:00 am

IllumiNations had a good run (I first saw it when they still had the parade, too).

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:23 am

I will be a little sad to see Illuminations go since it's by far my favorite night time show at the resort, but I'm sure whatever they have lined up as a replacement will be spectacular.

I'm gonna have to get down there between now and September to see it one last time.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Coasternerd3 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:14 am

Definitely sad to see this one go. Good thing I get to see it one last time when I get down there in May.

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby Dombot » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:09 am

There's a good chance I'll be down there on the final day to pay my respects. I'm really stoked for both new shows, but this is still a huge gut-punch in the nostalgia for me. :(
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Mako 5. Alpengeist

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:01 pm

Glad to see it leaving. Great show, but WELL past its prime. I like that they have the temporary replacement ready to go, so no disruption in the operations.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:38 pm

That's incredible they have a new show ready to go the next day.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Waldameer & Canada's Wonderland

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:51 pm

So glad that I’m getting to see it one last time before it’s gone for good!

Also looking forward to the new show!
Bigger is not always better.

Postby bert425 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:24 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:That's incredible they have a new show ready to go the next day.

'
I would expect no less from Disney.

agreed, it's impressive.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby Chiselphane » Tue May 21, 2019 9:28 am

The case of Buzzy's disappearance has been solved. Short version is: employee theft.

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2019/05/20/former-disney-employee-accused-of-stealing-magic-kingdom-epcot-costumes/

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!