TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Media Town Hall Report

So... anyone going to talk about the elephant in the room? Orrrr... not allowed out of respect for the park... which is completely understandable.

If you're referring to the speculative concepts regarding their 2020 coaster, we here generally like more facts (read: any facts) to be revealed before people go nuts.

So... anyone going to talk about the elephant in the room? Orrrr... not allowed out of respect for the park... which is completely understandable.

We don't typically report on leaked plans out of respect for the park, obviously they didn't intend for what could be the best coaster in their history to be let out of the bag so early. It kind of goes back to Busch Gardens Tampa's "reveal" of their own 2020 coaster project, you only want to let out so much information otherwise people will delay trips and annual / season pass purchases to wait for the new attraction. Plus, those leaked plans could completely change... Tomorrow!

You can talk about the rumor all you wish, but please only share images and links to stuff like public information (permits) or non-trespassing construction photos, for example.

• 2 weeks later...

Busch Gardens has announced their summer entertainment lineup for this year.

1012872413_SummerNightsLogo.thumb.jpg.c8a7ef3a3bcbd16363f4bff8702da2f2.jpg

BUSCH GARDENS® ANNOUNCES EXCITING LINE-UP OF SUMMER PERFORMERS

America’s and Britain’s Got Talent Stars Set to Take the Stage During Summer Nights

WILLIAMSBURG, Virginia (March 16, 2019) – Summer is just around the corner and Busch Gardens® is already heating things up with the announcement of a star-studded line-up of entertainment for Summer Nights.

Summer Nights Live – performances from NBC-TV’s “America’s Got Talent” and Britain’s Got Talent include:

1618749837_LBBusch1.thumb.jpg.cb7715b2293b4765250e251fb2871505.jpg

LIGHT BALANCE – JUNE 28 - JULY 7 (DAILY PERFORMANCES)

Hailing from Ukraine, Light Balance is hi-tech neon and LED dance group comprised of talented young dancers, designers, programmers and choreographers. Melding their creative and engineer backgrounds, the group provides their audience with a unique show that unifies all of the senses. Their colorful images create a high-energy atmosphere of magic, light, dance and music. Light Balance's imaginative performance led to Tyra Banks hitting her Golden Buzzer during season 12 of America’s Got Talent.

282017807_BoogieStorm.jpg.d084a0a1c3eb18cd9f10cbf1583c5df0.jpg

BOOGIE STORM: JULY 8 - 14 (DAILY PERFORMANCES)

Dressed head to toe in iconic white outfits, the six members of Boogie Storm are a dance force to be reckoned with. Performing crushing dance routines, the group has accumulated over 50 million YouTube hits to date, and there seems to be no sign of slowing down. Having reached the live finale and finished third in Britain’s Got Talent’s 10th anniversary in 2016, the troop have been nominated for the best performance of 2016 at the National Reality Television Awards, as the accolades just keep on coming.

1765866728_knifethrow.thumb.jpg.90a600cb7e27da546bdc33db8721ea35.jpg

THE PASSING ZONE: JULY 15 - 21 (DAILY PERFORMANCES)

Juggling is tough enough with scarves, balls or pins, but this dynamic duo takes juggling to the next level and they have been doing that for more than 20 years. The Passing Zone is one of the most inventive, successful and funny duos working today. You’ll have a difficult time deciding whether to hang onto your chair as chainsaws fly through the air, hold your breath as they perform world-class skills or grab your stomach as you double over with laughter. Prepare to be amazed, as Jon and Owen redefine juggling, and take it to new heights. You won’t believe your eyes.

269407377_WorldsBest2018.jpg.4fa3894f761133d91b1c9a33e72e45bd.jpg

WILLIAM CLOSE & THE EARTH HARP COLLECTIVE: JULY 22 – 28 (DAILY PERFORMANCES)

William’s work explores the connection between architecture and music. Inspired by the Frank Lloyd Wright quote “architecture is frozen music,” Close creates musical installations that use the architecture as part of the instrument. The Earth Harp is the largest stringed instrument on the planet and was developed by William Close in 1999. This talented ensemble have pushed the boundaries of the performance experience over the last several years finishing third on NBC’s hit talent competition “America’s Got Talent.”

909561233_FightingGrav.thumb.jpg.ce4dd56bac1f2b947bdf5d1bc6d6e6b2.jpg

FIGHTING GRAVITY: JULY 29 - AUGUST 4 (DAILY PERFORMANCES)

What started out as an idea for a local talent show at Virginia Tech quickly transformed into an Internet sensation, garnering more than 10 million views on YouTube. Fighting Gravity’s play on light and levitation quickly gained worldwide attention thanks to their third place finish on NBC’s “America’s Got Talent.” Following their success on AGT, Fighting Gravity has become one of the most sought-after live performance groups in the country — performing with platinum-selling recording artists like Will.i.am and Jennifer Lopez.

1007476962_FreckSky.thumb.jpg.9312d004d7d059bbb6260f9b367616ff.jpg

FRECKLED SKY: AUG. 5 - 11 (DAILY PERFORMANCES)

Freckled Sky is a team of multimedia artists dedicated to the design of interactive shows and events. They tell stories and bring immersive experiences to the viewer. Freckled Sky blends projection, lightning, interactive solutions and special effects to create new forms of entertainment. This America’s Got Talent Golden Buzzer artist is sure to leave audiences wanting more.

For more information about Summer Nights Live, please visit buschgardens.com/bgwsummernights.

We're going to the park the first weekend of the Food and Wine Festival. Will the park be slammed? We usually get Quick Queue passes, but I also don't want to purchase them if it's one of those events where people focus very little on rides. I hate looking like an idiot and using Fast Pass Lines when there are only a few people in line. More importantly... will Le Scoot be open that early in the year?

I asked before, but I don't think anyone got around to answering my questions. Plenty of other topics to get side tracked on, so I understand.

hi all. my family (wife and 2 kids aged 8 and 11) are trying to figure out what day to go to the park during spring break.

we are trying to decide between going a weekday or the weekend.

generally, we would normally lean towards a weekday for the smaller lines, but a couple years back we went to Kings Dominion on a weekday in early spring, and we were disappointed because while all of the major rides were running, many of the restaurants and snack stands were closed, including Country Kitchen and all of the Dippin' Dots stands.

my question is would we find a similar situation at BGW on a mid-April weekday, or is it more of a fully up and running affair?

thanks!

I asked before, but I don't think anyone got around to answering my questions. Plenty of other topics to get side tracked on, so I understand.

I guess I'm chopped liver then... lol. I didn't get into any specifics regarding opening weekend though.

Capsfan, I guess it boils down to priorities. I go to the parks for the rides, and smaller lines always makes it for me. But I guess, if you really have to have all the dippy dot stands open..... I can get dippy dots at my local mall, I can't get good rides at the mall. Sorry to be so snarky, but c'mon now.

I hate to be that guy, but like... when is that swing opening? Hopefully by mid-April?

The park said May during the construction tour earlier this month.

Capsfan, all the major restaurants (such as the Festhaus and Smokehouse) should be open, although O'Tators's (baked-potato joint) in Ireland might not.

Edited by cfc

I hate to be that guy, but like... when is that swing opening? Hopefully by mid-April?

DONTLIKE.gif.0dcc25b818f4f5dae355a78957ab5cf5.gif

[attachment=0]DONTLIKE.gif[/attachment]

quote-whether-you-like-it-or-not-learn-to-love-it-because-its-the-best-thing-going-wooooo-ric-flair-59-16-81.jpg

I guess I'm chopped liver then... lol. I didn't get into any specifics regarding opening weekend though.

No! Not at all! I appreciate it, I was just looking to see if anyone else had any additional input.

I think we're going to play it safe and get QQ. Le Scoot likely being open definitely makes the trip worth it, too.

Thanks for posting the summer show lineup, Chuck. That's quite a collection of performers and as an AGT fan I want to attend all of them! Distance and work prohibit that but I might be able to manage one show. It's like BGW snagged some of Dollywood's performers - DW's summer lineup lacks anything big or interesting so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey you guys I went to the park last weekend and i noticed a couple of changes in park operations on rides that I guess was made in the offseason and I i wonder If anybody else noticed these.

1. Loch ness monsters lift speed is incredibly faster than before on the first lift. And reaches the top much faster than it use to. And the effects that were working in the tunnel last year have been disabled

2. The more dramatic change was to alpengeist. Not only did they increase the chain speed on the lift but the trim at the top no longer engages to slow the train down. HOWEVER it is made up at the MCBR as it now brutally slows the train and kills the pacing of the rest of the last two inversions. It's almost slows down to the point where you think it's an e-stop.

There was another interesting little change on Tempesto. The "comfort collars" previously used car-seat-belt buckles; now they use carbiner-like clips. I have no idea why this was done.

41vUH0ggS%2BL.jpg

I was wondering if they did the same thing to other versions of this ride.

Either way, the comfort collars are useless.

Edited by cfc

Agreed that they are useless, but do they now at least not hurt? I wasn't planning on even riding Tigris based on my Tempesto ride last summer with those stupid, painful collars, but if there's been a change I'll at least give it a courtesy ride.

Agreed that they are useless, but do they now at least not hurt? I wasn't planning on even riding Tigris based on my Tempesto ride last summer with those stupid, painful collars, but if there's been a change I'll at least give it a courtesy ride.

Didn't hurt me at all last week.