Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1080: Pantheon track pieces begin to arrive at the park!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:53 am

boldikus wrote:
cfc wrote:
boldikus wrote:I hate to be that guy, but like... when is that swing opening? Hopefully by mid-April? ;) :lol:

The park said May during the construction tour earlier this month.

DONTLIKE.gif

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:19 am

defrocker wrote:
prozach626 wrote:I asked before, but I don't think anyone got around to answering my questions. Plenty of other topics to get side tracked on, so I understand.

I guess I'm chopped liver then... lol. I didn't get into any specifics regarding opening weekend though.

No! Not at all! I appreciate it, I was just looking to see if anyone else had any additional input.

I think we're going to play it safe and get QQ. Le Scoot likely being open definitely makes the trip worth it, too.

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby TBpony414 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:23 pm

Thanks for posting the summer show lineup, Chuck. That's quite a collection of performers and as an AGT fan I want to attend all of them! Distance and work prohibit that but I might be able to manage one show. It's like BGW snagged some of Dollywood's performers - DW's summer lineup lacks anything big or interesting so far.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby masterdmc232 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:56 pm

Hey you guys I went to the park last weekend and i noticed a couple of changes in park operations on rides that I guess was made in the offseason and I i wonder If anybody else noticed these.

1. Loch ness monsters lift speed is incredibly faster than before on the first lift. And reaches the top much faster than it use to. And the effects that were working in the tunnel last year have been disabled

2. The more dramatic change was to alpengeist. Not only did they increase the chain speed on the lift but the trim at the top no longer engages to slow the train down. HOWEVER it is made up at the MCBR as it now brutally slows the train and kills the pacing of the rest of the last two inversions. It's almost slows down to the point where you think it's an e-stop.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby anonymouscactus » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:58 pm

I guess I wasn't crazy regarding the MCBR. I only visit the park once every year or two but I thought for sure the brake hit hard and the end wasn't as intense. Still a great ride, but I noticed it for sure.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:29 pm

There was another interesting little change on Tempesto. The "comfort collars" previously used car-seat-belt buckles; now they use carbiner-like clips. I have no idea why this was done.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby masterdmc232 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:41 pm

the new comfort collars arent as thick as they use to be. these are thinner and fit more loosely

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby bgtlover » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:15 pm

Those sound like the comfort collars they put on Electric Eel, and the ones they have put for use on Tigris.
Coaster Count: 130
Top 10:

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:00 pm

I was wondering if they did the same thing to other versions of this ride.

Either way, the comfort collars are useless. :lol:
Last edited by cfc on Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:00 pm.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:40 pm

cfc wrote:I was wondering if they did the same thing to other versions of this ride.

Either way, the comfort collars are useless. :lol:

Agreed that they are useless, but do they now at least not hurt? I wasn't planning on even riding Tigris based on my Tempesto ride last summer with those stupid, painful collars, but if there's been a change I'll at least give it a courtesy ride.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!