TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

I always thought Worlds of Fun was a really lively and colorful park towards evening and night, so this will make it even more awesome! It sounds like quite a nice festival for Worlds of Fun standards. Ill be looking forward to it for sure!

^ I've been really impressed with KC, Andrew. It reminds me of a more revitalized Buffalo.

I informally spoke with the hiring manager yesterday and he highly encouraged me to submit my resume, so I'll do so when I get back in the office on Thursday.

And you were right about Q39 too!

^ HAHA!

I would do my best, Zach, although the only good coasters that we have around here that I could bring with me would be Ride Of Steel at Darien Lake, Ravine Flyer 2 at Waldameer or Silver Comet at Fantasy Island...all the rest suck.

• 2 weeks later...

So I may have an opportunity to go to the park on the first Friday of May but only for about 5 to 6 hours.

Just curious if any of you who are more familiar with this park have a general estimate on if it's possible to hit all the coasters in that time span during that time of year without FL?

This will be my first visit to the park, which has been a long time coming considering the amount of years I've been a CF passholder, and I'm very excited. Any other tips for a first-timer to WOF would also be appreciated!

I would be surprised if you couldnt get to all the coasters. Everything has decent capacity except Spinning Dragons, so I would check it's line first, as it is right inside the gate anyway. I would recommend trying both near the front and back of the train on mamba if the line is short.

Easily. As others have said, if you're there at opening, go straight to Spinning Dragons. If you have a CF Platinum Pass, then 15 minutes before opening they'll allow you past the rope and you can get in line for Spinning Dragons. They do not run their rides early, but you'll be in line and ready to go when the park opens.

If you can't get there at opening, do Spinning Dragons last, since the families with little kids will go home early and at the very end of the day it's a short line.

As for food, Battle Creek BBQ and Chickie's and Pete's are good. Both of those places have a bar too if you're into that, and sometimes they actually staff it.

Easily. As others have said, if you're there at opening, go straight to Spinning Dragons. If you have a CF Platinum Pass, then 15 minutes before opening they'll allow you past the rope and you can get in line for Spinning Dragons. They do not run their rides early, but you'll be in line and ready to go when the park opens.

If you can't get there at opening, do Spinning Dragons last, since the families with little kids will go home early and at the very end of the day it's a short line.

As for food, Battle Creek BBQ and Chickie's and Pete's are good. Both of those places have a bar too if you're into that, and sometimes they actually staff it.

Battle Creek BBQ is now Prospectors' Cantina, serving burritos, bowls and nachos. Cotton Blossom BBQ is the new flagship dining facility serving BBQ.

Nice, thank you for the update. Clearly I haven't been up there yet this year. I'll have to check those places out when I go.

Several food changes this year

Vittle Griddle is now Gold Rush Pizza, with standard pizza and a special pizza with Mac-N-Cheese and Fries on it.

Battle Creek BBQ is now Prospector's Burritos and Cantina, which features build your own bowls, burritos and nachos.

Paisano's is now Let Them Eat Cake, funnel cakes, smooties, bubble tea, pastries

Chicken Shack is now Scandi Snacks with turkey legs, chicken, hot dogs, beer, wine

G'Rilla Grill now serves burgers, chicken strips

And Cotton Blossom BBQ - new location with seating for over 300 serving BBQ.