TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nagashima Spa Land Discussion Thread

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if this was mentioned / if it was linked to from the official page listed above, but this official park video is awesome. The drone footage starting at the 2:00 mark is INSANE. It's a few days old so I apologize if it's buried within one of the links.

Edit: oh, now I see, the video on the page linked above is a playlist not an individual video. This one definitely had the craziest shots. It doesn't look real.

Edited by robbalvey

I hate trying to judge a coaster by a video but I love the way this thing looks. Seems like it has a really good mix of the quick transitions and funky inversion that are staples on most RMC's, but also some more elongated straight runs than some of the rides they've produced in the past. I bet that straight drop into the double up is amazing.

The ride looks incredible and that is some awesome footage! I really dig the white wood and blue rails as well. In fact if Twisted Colossus at Magic Mountain didn't have the 2 color track tone (which I actually like a lot) it would probably be as good looking as this. But I get MM's reason for the two colors.

I only wish the ride had more than 1 big drop. It has the initial one, then every drop from that point forward is just kind of double down bunny hops and inversions dispersed in the straight sections until the brake run. Something just feels lacking.

Someone also commented that it hauls until the end, and I sorta disagree. It kinda looks to lose momentum after the bunny hop at 1:10, then it kinda meanders the rest of the course. And again, I feel like this is because of the momentum lost with all the smaller drops, instead of having bigger drops that would sustain the trains speed.

But compared to what this ride was before the face-lift, bar none it gives you an indication why these RMC I-Beam Topper tracks have become incredibly popular, giving new life to a coaster which 10-15 years ago would have just been torn down.

Wowza, this coaster is GORGEOUS!!! I can't wait to see some reviews come in. Regardless, this seems like exactly the kind of coaster Nagashima Spa Land needed. Hoping to get there one day to ride this, Steel Dragon, and ULTRA TWISTER!

Robb already posted a front-seat on-ride video, but how about one from the back car? A Japanese YouTube user posted this video a few days ago.

I am just finishing up a two week trip to Japan and visited Nagashima Spa Land yesterday. I was able to ride Hakugei three times during my visit. It’s a great coaster and a fantastic addition to the park. But I went in expecting too much and I guess I am a little disappointed. It’s possible it was the temperature or the wind, because it was very windy and sadly Steel Dragon 2000 never opened, and the high was around 60. I want to ride it again on a hot summer day sometime but I know it’s likely to be a few years. But for me both Steel Vengence and Lightning Rod are still better.

Also every time I visit Japanese parks I realize just how poorly the US parks handle loose items. Hakugei has free lockers under the station half way up the stairs. Leave your items in a locker right before you reach the station and get them back right after you get off the ride.

^I don't think ANYONE expected this coaster to be better than Steel Vengeance and Lightning Rod! If you're putting it right under those two, that's still a pretty amazing coaster and it's sad to be disappointed by it.

Also, yes, sigh...why do we make it so difficult with loose items here!?!?!

Also every time I visit Japanese parks I realize just how poorly the US parks handle loose items. Hakugei has free fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo under the station half way up the stairs. Leave your items in a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo right before you reach the station and get them back right after you get off the ride.

Fuji-Q slowly backs into bush

^I don't think ANYONE expected this coaster to be better than Steel Vengeance and Lightning Rod! If you're putting it right under those two, that's still a pretty amazing coaster and it's sad to be disappointed by it.

Also, yes, sigh...why do we make it so difficult with loose items here!?!?!

Totally not disappointed in the coaster, it’s a fantastic ride, I just built it up to much in my head. I had assumed I was going to miss it and kept hoping for the best and looking at construction photos and then was surprised when the opening announcement occurred and I knew I should be able to ride it. Then with it being the end of my trip I was really looking forward to it for two weeks. I wrote that on my flight home and I think I did a really poor job explaining myself. The coaster is fantastic, I just put it on a pedestal it could live live up to before riding.

In comparison the coaster that totally blew me away was Back Daaan at Tokyo Dome City actually, I went in having not done any research, no videos, pictures, etc had zero idea what to expect, and I was surprised by how good it was. Hakuegi is a much better coaster but you can totally do too much research.