Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 650 - The Joker Wild Card announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: Wazzupnerds and 15 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby Coastercowboy » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:09 pm

In addition to the items in the previous post of all the changes and upgrades at Fiesta.

The All-American Nacho stand will be converted to Aztek Nachos
The games area near Superman will be re-painted and updated with the DC Universe update
Hustler, which was taken down this past week is getting a total refurbishment and should reopen within a month or so.

Lots of exciting things at SFFT. Really looking forward to the re-theming and riding Joker. I enjoy the Riddler at SFOT and excited to ride a bigger version.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:54 pm

Really like "Carnival of Chaos" as the name.

watching thru the video - did I miss the info on the rethemed Whirlygig? (ie: are they going with Gotham Crime Wave (as it's named in SFOG)?. . . didn't see it in the video, but was skipping around.

surprising news about Hustler (because it was there last Sat and operating). . but it really needs a repaint, so glad to see it's getting one.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby Coastercowboy » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:05 pm

We were at Fiesta last weekend and the kids rode Hustler. It was taken apart this week.
Whirligig Is being re-themed as D.C. Supervillans. I guess to fit better with the D.C. Universe theme instead of just Gotham City.

Postby bert425 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:20 pm

took a visit to Fiesta today, and had a great time (Pepe LePew, and Marvin Martian were both out and about!).

I'll have a report up in the next couple of days, but some take-aways:

-- the fingerprint scanners are not being utilized at the front gates. they are now covered up with tarp, and they scan your Pass/membership with what looked like an iPad, then took a picture to tie face to the card.

I asked the staffer if they are no longer going to use fingerprints at all, and she said she thinks the scanners are going to be removed in the next few weeks. I asked if it was due to that "Mother didn't give consent for her child's fingerprint" lawsuit, and she said if she had to guess? that's the likely reason.

-- Chop Six is not open yet, but it looks like it's getting close. I suspect it will be open in the next week or so.

- apparently a change for 2019, but I JUST noticed it on this visit: Icees are now considered an option for "snack"
(so won't be standing in long ass lines at Johnny Rockets for shakes any more).

- they soft opened both the Train & Gully Washer, neither was planned to be back up until April from the maintenance
(I'm wondering if they opened those because Superman was down - was talking to a "Super"visor (LOL) at the ride entrance and he told me that it went down yesterday and they had fixed it but it was not opening today because they had to wait for an inspection. I told *him* Gully Washer was open, and he was surprised, but I showed him a pic I took of folks on it). Hurricane Force 5 was also down for some reason. With Hustler down for refurb, Whirlygig still in pieces for the retheme, and Joker not built yet?. . guess they needed to get more rides open ASAP)

everything else was operating.

(and the repaint on the Hustler "pool table" looks fantastic. no pool balls in sight, but the table, looked great.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:14 pm

That's interesting about the fingerprint readers and I wonder if we'll see something similar at the other Six Flags parks soon.

The picture system works well for SeaWorld and Disney passes.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Arnolds Park & Nickelodeon Universe/Mall of America

Postby Coastercowboy » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:31 pm

The same process (IPads - taking photos, no scanners) is in full effect at SFOT. Most likely will be rolled out to all the parks, if I had to guess.

Postby bert425 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:20 pm

he's the pic I took of the current Front Gate operations:
IMG_6760.JPG

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby fiestatexasfan » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:46 am

All Six Flags Parks are going to the iPad deal I believe.

Also, they were waiting for a part for Superman yesterday that they did not have on property.
1. New Texas Giant 2.Iron Rattler

Postby bert425 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:11 am

fiestatexasfan wrote:.

Also, they were waiting for a part for Superman yesterday that they did not have on property.

Supervisor told me it had been fixed (this was at ~1pm), but that the ride would not be opening Sunday, because they had to wait for an inspection.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby fiestatexasfan » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:34 pm

B9181B31-BDA9-4A7C-B5E5-EFEE92B85FEC.jpeg

This is where I got that from.
1. New Texas Giant 2.Iron Rattler

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!