TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I would have spent a long time comparing the new layout and Google Maps if it weren't for their pretty clear website.

This new entrance is really going to change the dynamic of the park entrance. I always thought the old park entrance was oddly long and a real bottleneck, but yet it always seemed very "Hersheypark" to me. Going to miss the old entrance but I'm excited equally for the new one.

For anyone that buys it, I hope this year they run the merge points better. On many coasters there is still a lot of the line past the merge point and if the person controlling the line lets too many people in, there will still be a long wait. When I was at the park at the end of December, Wildcat had around a 20 minute wait for anyone with Fast Track because the ramp was half full (and 1 train was running). Storm Runner is another bad line, 1 train running and the line down the stairs to the merge point is another 20 - 25 minute wait in October. They should only let the line just get past the station so anyone using Fast Track has at most a 2 to 3 train wait.

Hey y'all,

I'm planning an opening day visit this year on the 6th next month. What sort of crowds am I in for? Mostly looking to get on the three Intamins as the priorities and some other rides as some extras.

Thanks in advance

They changed it within the past few years, now every coaster Fast Track line has a merge point before the station, some go right into the station like Fahrenheit, others still have more of a line past the merge point.

Hey y'all,

I'm planning an opening day visit this year on the 6th next month. What sort of crowds am I in for? Mostly looking to get on the three Intamins as the priorities and some other rides as some extras.

Thanks in advance

If the weather is nice, expect it to be crowded, up to an hour wait for the big coasters, possibly more if 1 train is running on anything. Springtime In The Park is usually crowded with the cheaper admission and no water park open to take some of the crowds.

They changed it within the past few years, now every coaster Fast Track line has a merge point before the station, some go right into the station like Fahrenheit, others still have more of a line past the merge point.

Hey y'all,

Thanks in advance

If the weather is nice, expect it to be crowded, up to an hour wait for the big coasters, possibly more if 1 train is running on anything. Springtime In The Park is usually crowded with the cheaper admission and no water park open to take some of the crowds.

Yeah I figured as much. Planning on being at the entrance by 9:30 and then hitting up Storm Runner and Fahrenheit first and worrying about other things later. Last time I checked weather, there was morning rain turning into overcast, but since it's opening day, I anticipate it'll still bring in plenty.

• 2 weeks later...

The temporary entrance is quite the change. On one hand, not having all the quaint shops is a bummer (they have some trailers along the path). On the bright side, the new entrance renderings look great and the temporary one allows for some awesome views of the backside of Skyrush.

It also seemed like the path under Skyrush was blocked off.

Edit- I also just learned from the Comet's ride op that Sooperdooperlooper was moved from its original location.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a few photos from opening day. You can see a pretty big clearing near the tram circle and cranes in place.

IMG_4595.thumb.JPG.466e798c6da3aba666b2522fa9726fb0.JPG

IMG_4596.thumb.JPG.e8e674bd105f57ace1a6be81b1161644.JPG

Temporary shops

The rerouted temporary entrance has you walk in by Skyrush's far turn. This gives some awesome new photo opportunities.

IMG_4583.thumb.JPG.008a0b2216859ada0f5ad75e8f3d31b9.JPG

IMG_4599.thumb.JPG.4972395c2d7da80219ca888ac12ec6b4.JPG

IMG_4640.thumb.JPG.cb3b078d20339d0163ed4f68eee8b9ef.JPG

2019 entrance

Greeting all riders and amusement park flyers - I have return to these pages after a long absent. Before I continue, there's someone else who wants to say "Hello" to you -

"Hello everybody . . . now I'm going back to sleep!"

I brought a group with me to Hersheypark last Saturday and I was so overjoyed by the fact that I was able to ride SKYRUSH,LAFF TRAX and THE CLAW!!! While the rest of the group and I had a great day in the park despite the huge crowd, there were several rides that were no-shows (such as Storm Runner, Fahrenheit, and Coal Cracker). I do have a Season Pass, so I'll be coming back in May to ride what I miss, plus do a marathon on THE CLAW to make up for all those years past when I visited the park and had to skip that ride because I couldn't fit into the restraints.

"When you lose weight, the riding season becomes great!"

Edited by palmerleeberry

Is that a high rise residential building to the right of Skyrush? If it is they have a great view of the park.

My GPS took me a different way to Hersheypark on this visit. This time I drove through the center of Hershey, PA. I noticed a parking garage that appeared to have an amazing view of Skyrush's front drop head on. I thought about stopping, but I was too excited to ride.